The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Song in the Forest

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The crackle of leaves attracted Stripetail's attention. He turned and saw Inle-rah. He smiled " The wolf is merely a playful pup. She only wants to play."
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Akiko Okami

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Akiko lifted her right paw, a surge of energy rushing through her as she felt her muscles move her slightly as the stick was thrown again. She seemed to have a hard time resisting chasing after the stick again herself. She figured it was Arven's turn however, and so she turned to watch as the lapine dashed off after it. For perhaps the first time since her meeting with the herbivores, she felt a more serene grin pull across her face. It was as if she could sense the freedom Arvens was experiencing, running with the wind in your fur...and not out of fear either. She often ran with fear herself, be it from aggressive animals or humans. To simply run free for the pure joy of being so was something she felt everyone should experiance, and to see her new friend do just that made her tail sway with happiness. As he returned she had to fight away a snicker, hovering a paw over his head to twhap him softly, "that's okay! We can find another to play with later!" she assured him. Turning to Stripetail she felt her stomach lurch with hunger and excitement at the same time, she leapt after him as if she were trying to keep up with his graceful jumps as he sailed through the trees, somehow she appeared to admire and almost envy him for this, "Yea, food! Lead the way!" She exclaimed happily, following quickly after him.

As they reach the large oak tree, the wolf allowed her instincts to lead her. Sniffing at the trunk with intense interest, her tail swayed to and fro. Her eyes got huge as she talked outloud, "Hey, I know him! I know him too! They've all been here! I saw her the other day, her scent I know!" she muttered outloud to herself, although she probably made little sense to the others. Her strong sense of smell told her every creature that had traveled this area recently. If they had leaned against the tree, she was sure to pick up their scent marking. It was the interest of food that finally swayed her from her investigating. As Stripetail led Arvens in and told her to wait outside, she felt her ears flatten against her head. "I wanna come in too!" she let a soft whimper escape. Forepaws on either side of her face, she lay with her eyes locked on the den, that was far too little for her to enter. Her expression and position seemed to give a new meaning to 'a wolf at the door'. Perhaps anyone near would assume she had chased them in, and now was attempting to frighten them out again. Hearing the squirrel's words she lifted her head, jaws parting again, "Acorns!" she gave a grin at this, cautiously sniffing at the little nest in a vain attempt to try and sneak a peak in...or at least sniff a peak. "Those make great chewers too!" and with that strange word she meant simply, chew toys. She sat there occasionally pawing at them to hurry out again.

It wasn't until something caught her eye that she paused and turned her attention from the others in the tree, ears twitching...she was sure she had seen something...maybe it was just her mind playing tricks on her, and with Arvens sitting so close she would merely that the scent of rabbit that would travel across the forest was from him. Still, something or someone was giving her an uneasy feeling and she shifted her gaze to Arvens and Stripetail, "Hey, do you guys get the feeling that...someone's watching us...?" she muttered in a low tone, now she could care less who saw her...however, her question may concern Arvens though, who would surely not want to be seen interacting with a predator so openly. Even Stripetail, although she wasn't quite sure on what sorts of 'packs' the squirrels traveled among. "I think someone's out here guys..." she gave a nervous bark/growl, huddling closer to the den entrance as if she looked to the little herbivores for back up and protection from this unseen danger. Tilting her head she would allow her tongue to lash out across her muzzle to clean the scraps of acorn from her face as her eyes scanned the horizon for any sign of this stranger. It was Stripetail's voice that caused her to finally lock her eyes on the raven coated lapine. Giving a friendly grin, her tail swaying, she glanced towards her.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Arvens didn't quite fit into Stripetail's humble abode too well; it was quite large for a squirrel but for a male rabbit, it was rather small.  Akiko apparently hated waiting outside.  He understood....it wasn't exactly great in here sizewise either, but he could help get the food out to the wolf if nothing else.  These acorns were hard, and Arvens wasn't too entirely sure if he'd be able to eat them, but he'd at least try one, to be nice.

Just then, Akiko had brought up they were being watched.  By who?  Who would purposely spy on a carnivore?  Poking his head out of the tree with arms clasped around a bunch of acorns he laid them at the foot of the wolf, and soon noticed that she was staring not at him, but beyond him into the bushes.

Turning to peek, what he didn't immediately see, he could instinctively smell.  The pharamones of a female doe were in the air, so the wolf could only be watching one creature--a female rabbit, and not one he knew at that.  A solitary buck was nothing unusual, but a solitary doe was a different story.  Had she been kicked out of her warren for some unknown reason?  Was she the offspring of a mother that might have been recently killed and left to fend for herself?

Forgetting everything else around him, Arvens hopped over the newcomer who obviously posed no danger to his status at his warren.  She was entirely black.  A quick nose rub and sniff told him that she wasn't ill or anything, but yet a rabbit he didn't know.  "My name is Arvens; what's yours?" he asked her.

Inl?-rah

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/inle-rah
The squirrel's words comforted InlÈ-rah slightly, but she was still puzzled.  She sat hunched under the briars, her ears laid over her back as she pondered, until the buck hopped over to her, and with a nose rub and sniff, told her his name, and inquired of hers.  

"I'm InlÈ-rah, named for the moon and nightfall" she replied with a smile.  "You can see how I got this name", she continued, running a paw over her silvery stripe which had been likened to the moon's silver gray hue, and her ebony fur.  "I've wandered for a long time, wishing to start a warren of my own."  What she didn't say was that she was a messenger of the lapine Lord Frith, and that she posessed special abilities which ordinary rabbits lacked, aiding her in her missions to help distressed members of her species.

InlÈ looked warily up at the wolf, but asked politely, "Who might you be?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you are uncomfortable Arvens, whuy don't you say something?
 Stripetail said. He turned to Inle-rah," try and squeeze in, why dont you?" He looked her her over, focusing on the streak of silver fur on the top of her head. His intution told him  that the doe, like himself, was gifted with extraordinary powers. His were magical,hers were presumably an  extension of the natural senses. She must be a messenger from Lord Frith he thought. "Lord Stripetail at your service.' he said to her with a smile.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(ooc: I'm not uncomfortable at all, just actually waiting for Akiko since she was being addressed by Inle, not me. ;)  With online rp's on message boards its not about how fast we can write a story.)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(ooc:I thought you said you were uncomfortable. My mistake. We've got an interesting story going here :D )
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, Peck is flying around a couple of trees above where a squirrel, two rabbits, and wolf have converged, trying to find a very elusive worm he has been tracking for a while.  He hops onto a branch, nearly slipping off, and starts listening very quietly.  Hearing a bit of noise, he turns his attention to a small hole in the side of the tree.  He presses his face to the tree, letting his eye look into the hole to find the very worm he was looking, which in response made a face at him.  "You ain't getting away that easily," he murmurs, and then he rears back and starts pecking wildly into the hole.  The worm easily dodges the pecking beak and hides in a small area where it can't be seen.  Peck blindly continues to peck away until he pierces through the wooden wall, and stops as he hears a surprised and angry screech on the other side.  Confused, he presses his head against the tree again and looks to see that he broke through the thin wall into a hollowed section of the tree, with a nest lining the bottom.  He sees a flurry of feathers leaving the tree, but as he turns around, he comes beak to beak with a very angry owl.  "Uh oh..."  Peck whimpers as the owl begins smacking him around with its wings, driving him away from the tree and that troublesome worm.

Peck flies as fast as he could away from the owl, but as he looks back to find the large bird of prey, he fails to realize that he's going too fast and ends up hitting a tree, the same tree where the unusual group of critters are.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail heard a thud and turned to see a strange beak stuck in the side of his home. "Could you kindly remove your beak from there? It's rather awkward looking at your beak."
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Sorry," Peck managed to say, his voice muffled.  He tries to yank his beak out, the first few times to no avail.  But when he finally gets his beak out of the tree, he flies in the other direction, landing on a branch full of leaves.  Peck remains there, dizzy from both hitting the tree and the branch.  He looks around dazed, seeing stars dance around his head.  "Hey, I never knew it was night time already."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail, looking out of the hole Peck had made, smiled. " Hello there. Would you like to come in? I'm having a few er.. friends over, and another visitor wouldn't bother me."
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
It takes a couple moments for Peck to come out of his daze and make a reply.  "I'll see if I can make it over from here."  At that he stands up with wobbly legs and slowly makes it over to the opening of the squirrel's home.  He trips several times, nearly falling into a wolf before making it to the door.  Inside, he sees two rabbits, which makes it nearly impossible for him to get in.  So he decides to stay outside by the door and introduces himself.  "How do you do?  My name is Peck, kind of new to this part of the woods.  I was trying to get some breakfast earlier..." he rubs a sore spot on his head, "But there are a few worms a little more stubborn than most."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail comes out and offers Peck his paw. "Please to meet. I am Lord Stripetail, the lapines re Inlerah and Arvens, the wolf down there is Akiko. I'll need to enlarge this hole so that more creatures can fit, as you see the rabbits take up nearly all the room. I have bigger homes that this, but they are far away from here. Do you like nuts?' He offered him an acorn.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Peck shakes Stripetail's paw with his wing.  "Pleased to meet you too."  When offered an acorn, he replies, "I'm sorry, but the last I tried a nut, I found out the hard way that it was a rock and bent by beak."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'"Very Well then."Stripetail set the acorn down, and smashed it with his paw. The acorn cracked open, exposing the seed inside. "Help yourself." He said to Peck, as he turned and went inside.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
(I wonder what happened to Akiko and the others?  I haven't heard from them in a while.)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(they probably are busy Kenji, That's my guess.)
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Don't worry. when they have time they'll post.)
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(I haven't seen those I'm waiting on --Akiko, Inle-- online so give them time...they'll come back when they get a chance.  I do know Akiko has to share a computer at her house so she can't get on as often as she'd like to)