The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darkened Forest

Raptor · 34 · 5500

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Shadowed Skies:
Book One:
Darkened Forest:

Time and Time and Time again,
Know the Where and not the When,
Blackened Vines seak the Light,
These are not the Ones you Fight.

Shadows Cloak this Evil's Might,
It grows stronger in the Night,
The Power of the Stone must be brought,
To where the Evil never Fought.

Time and Time and Time again,
Know the Where and not the When,
Blackened Vines seak the Light,
These are not the Ones you Fight.

This criptic prophcey was found in a half burnt book known as Darkened Skies. None know why, but a year before the book was found, the forest around the small town of Chivares....changed. Those who go in never come out. The Dragons and other mythologicial creatures that once lived in the forest have been driven out. Someone must find out why. A mixed band of Humans and Dragons, equiped with a copy of the prophcey, have been sent to the forest. In This RP, you can play as ethier a Dragon or a Human. This is my profile.

Name: BurntScale.
Spieces: Dragon.
Personality: Sarcastic, joker. But very loyal.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
(OOC:  A dragon RP?  I should use a fantasy RP character that I haven't used in a while.

Name:  Arik
Species:  Human
Personality:  Doesn't really like to fight, but would not hesitate to do so.  Hates heights, except when flying with friends (he has only one in the other RP, but it will be only Arik this time).

Other things to know about:  He carries a unique broadsword with one edge of the blade covered by a layer of metal, and the half of the hilt on the same side is a large hook curved towards the handle, giving the wielder the ability to hold the sword across his forearm.  Not to forget that he has a long scar down his back (the story to this belongs in the other RP.)

Hope that helps.)

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(I like to RP in first person.)

I sigh angerily. "I still can't figure out this thing!" I growl, holding a copy of the poem in one claw. "I mean, what does this line mean? Time and Time and Time again, Know the Where and Not the When,"

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Name: Martex.
species: human"
job: adventurer/ dragon hunter
items: full set of armor, a real sharp sword, two daggers, a 30 foot length of rope, a grappling hook, a crossbow and arrows, and some other stuff.
I have to go to bed now.  Will explain more later.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Also, Martex has a horse named Rosco.  Martex lives in the woods in a small cottage.  nobody knows of his secret hobbies.  Everyone thinks he is the local blacksmith.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
(Here's an old character of mine I made when I was just a kid.)

Name: Styraco
Species: Dragon
Personality: Sometimes cruel, sometimes cold-hearted, somewhat selfish, determined, relentless, loves to fight, sometimes enjoys bloodshed
Appearance: He looks like a jumble of body parts. He has a Styracosaurus's head, velociraptor eyes (colored blood red), and he has Tyrannosaurus's teeth. He has the long neck and long tail of a sauropod, and wings like that of a Pteranodon. The fingers on his wing are more in the shape of a hand than a Pteranodon, and Styraco can grasp things with them. Along his back he has Stegosaurus's plates, and Stegosaurus's fours spikes at the tip of his tail. Running down both his sides are Ankylosaurus's spikes. They start from the beginning of his neck and run to the tip of his tail. His feet are shaped like modern day birds', with three claws pointing forward and one pointing backward. He is green with yellow starting from his pointed snout, running down his underside, and to the tip of his tail. He has brown starting at the beginning of his neck and stretching to the tip of his tail. The plates on his back are brown as well.

(Yeah, Styraco is supposed to be evil. That's how he was designed when I first created him years ago. I hope that's all right.)

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(Sure. I was acuttully planing to have some creatures that didn't leave the forest.)

I look up as we approach the forest. I have my wings folded tight agansit my body as to not knock anyone over. This place is so dark and forboding that it's hard to belive I once chased and ate Deer in this forest.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A pair of red eyes opened in the darkness of the forest. They narrowed, a slight glow around them. The slit pupils, like those of a cat, dialated, as though the creature was angry. A low hiss emitted from the creature's throat as it lifted its head slightly off the ground. It gave a few sniffs with its pointed mouth before saying to itself, "Someone is approaching..."

The large beast, a dragon that looked like a jumble of body parts, rose onto its short, but muscular, feet, and used one of his "hands" attached to one of his wings to grab a branch, pull off some leaves, and stuff them into his mouth and swallowed. He wasn't near water and this was the only way, at the moment, to quench his thirst.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I freeze. I turn back to the rest of the my party and tell them to stop. Something's in this forest. I turn my long snout left and right. Are the forest's vines coming? Are the Twisted Ones stalking us?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Styraco started to walk forward, dragging his heavy body with him. He growled softly as he approached in the direction he had sensed someone coming. To make his presence known, he let out a roar. Smoke shot out of his nostrils and when he roar was over, he bared his teeth.

"Who are you?" He asked in a deep growling voice as he continued approaching until he could see the figure who had entered the forest.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"My mission is not for the likes of you." I say, narrowing my eyes. Smoke slowly eminats from my nostrils.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The red-eyed dragon narrowed his eyes as well. "You are a dragon." He said to no one in particular. "And your mission...futile..." He growled before rearing onto his hind legs, and brought his wings forward to help him balance. His neck curled back in an S shape. His forked tongue slithered out a few times, tasting the air. "You know not of what you deal with deep in this darkened forest, dragon. Leave now or prepare to fight not only me, but others you may face later on."

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"This was my home once, and I am not going to abandon it like a Pheonix abandons a cracked egg!" I growl.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Very well." Styraco says softly. "If you insist. I know not why you come back here. This is not the same place you knew once." He sneered. "And since you will not leave..." The large dragon opened up his mouth and spewed out flames, not directly at the other dragon, but rather off to the side, deliberately missing him. The flamethrower wasn't large either. Only about three feet. It missed all the vegetation. It was merely a warning. A final warning.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(before I join in, I need to know what the place where this rpg is is called.  WHere does it take place?)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(I don't know. All I know it's right now taking place in some forest.)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Arik, who had joined the group sent to the forest to track down whatever evil that lurks in the forest, braced himself as the monster spewed flames as a warning.  He raised his sword in defense as turned towards Burntscale.  "You think we can take it?" he asked.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Styraco smiled when Arik drew his sword out. "Sword is no good unless the wielder know what power it holds." He grinned, eyes narrowed. He turned his head back in the direction of the dragon he had been talking to earlier. "You are Burntscale?" He chuckled evilly. "Funny, that be exactly what I was thinking I would do to you."

He dropped back down onto all fours, pulled his head back, and thrust it forward, but not to bite. He let out a loud shrill, and as he opened his mouth, the T-Rex teeth were exposed, long and dagger-like in his mouth.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I turn as fast as I can. Blue fire erupts from my mouth and spirils towards the Twisted Dragon.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Styraco's eyes widened as blue flames shot out towards him. Before he could react, they struck dead on his face. Screeching in pain, the dark dragon backs away a few steps, shaking his head as the fire hit his face relentlessly. In an attempt to defend himself, he quickly turned around, blue fire now hitting other parts of his body. He brought out his tail and readied it, and launched it towards Burntscale, the spikes pointed in his direction.