The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Song Project: Bestest Friends

action9000 · 141 · 13751

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*listens to his own parts* Wow!  I even impress myself sometimes. :D

Great job, action9000.

BTW, what are your plans for the third version of it you're planning?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
BTW, what are your plans for the third version of it you're planning?
There were a couple of people (Petrie and KingdomKey) who only sent me recordings of the End Credits version.  I am making a 3rd version which includes them in a "combination" version of the song.  This 3rd version will include all 12 of our singers, instead of 10 in the Movie version and 7 in the End Credits version.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Wow! The songs sound GREAT!  :D Apologies for my absence recently...literally just finished the "working week from hell!" (56hrs over just 7days...not fun <_< ). So glad I took on this singing project! And the harmonising with other members was wickid! Quite a set of pipes you guys (and gals) have! I loved my harmonising with KingdomKey and with Petrie! Like the Symphony Orchestra all over again! LOL You guys made me sound good!  :^.^:

Excellent work Action! Major kudos to you my friend! You did an outstanding job splicing all out pieces together! Thanks for all your effort you put into this project! I know for sure I'll be doing this again!  :D

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
oh wow! thanks a lot for putting such effort into the projects Action9000!
everyone sounds soo good eyii! *listens over again*  :DD

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
(56hrs over just 7days...not fun)

LOL.  I can work easily 80 hours a week if I want to.  There's so much work to be done, I have to hire other people in to help me.  I get several hundred computers to be fixed a week.  If I worked 24/7 I couldn't get it done alone.  I've worked so far 50 hours in 3 days cuz 2 out of my 16 workers are on vacation.  That's why I haven't had much free time lately and I haven't made much of an appearance on the board.  I couldn't even imagine having to fill in for all my workers.  I would have to stay up all night every day they were gone and I would get maybe 25% of it done. :lol

The whole point of that was to say that little old me is suffering just like you so you're not alone.  Where do you work anyways?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 12 2007 on  12:55 AM
LOL.  I can work easily 80 hours a week if I want to.  There's so much work to be done, I have to hire other people in to help me.  I get several hundred computers to be fixed a week.  If I worked 24/7 I couldn't get it done alone.  I've worked so far 50 hours in 3 days cuz 2 out of my 16 workers are on vacation.  That's why I haven't had much free time lately and I haven't made much of an appearance on the board.  I couldn't even imagine having to fill in for all my workers.  I would have to stay up all night every day they were gone and I would get maybe 25% of it done. :lol

The whole point of that was to say that little old me is suffering just like you so you're not alone.  Where do you work anyways?
Granted LBTLover but you are an EMPLOYER....it's a different perspective when you have to work +/-60hrs when you are the EMPLOYEE and you have to work for someone else. If it was my own business then maybe so and considering that they are jobs I don't particularly wanna "work my way up the ladder" so to speak...it seems a lot more laborious. Also, it's a bit of a drain on the social life when you have to turn down every friendly invitation to do something coz you gotta work.  :angry:

Don't get me wrong LBTLover, I'm not having a go at ya :D Just felt I had to share the reason for my weekly absence which was kinda bad of me not to have announced before it was due to happen. But I'm back now and got time to spare (at long last!) :DD

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
We all have our share of misery I suppose, so pitty to everyone :lol
Yesterday I had three subsequent exams. Six hours of nonstop exam writing. Non-stop however is not quite true as one of the exams (the second) had to be taken in a room more than a kilometer from the rooms where the other exams were to be taken. As one exam started the moment the previous one stopped I sure had to rush.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LOL.  Well Littlefoot1616, I can see you pov, but I'm used to working 2 hours a week and getting paid around $6000 a month for doing basically nothing.  NOW, I had to work those long hours for NO EXTRA pay!  Not to mention how rusty I've been getting.  It took me a long time to remember how to install windows 98. :lol:

Now don't get me wrong, I would much rather be an employer than an employee, but I was now having to take the job of an employer, admin, and buisness owner.  I haven't gotten any sleep in the past few days.  Though I didn't have to drive to my job, or get dressed, or worry about being on time, or worry about when my bathroom break was, so I guess I had it easy. :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If we're going to go off topic here, we might as well make another topic. :P:

You think YOU guys have it hard?  Try working at retail where, if you don't have enough business, you get totally bored out of your skull.  Trust me, it's murder when you can only walk around your department when you have nothing to do. (The 3 hours of boredom I had yesterday was a fine example.)

Now, can we all please get back on topic? :lol:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 13 2007 on  08:11 AM
Now, can we all please get back on topic? :lol:
You're absolutely right pokeplayer!  :yes  :DD

Question...how'd ppl get their "Bestest Friends" banners? It just dawned on me that I haven't receive mine yet? Did I miss the distribution ceremony? :cry Or can I still apply for one? :^.^:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Question...how'd ppl get their "Bestest Friends" banners? It just dawned on me that I haven't receive mine yet? Did I miss the distribution ceremony?  Or can I still apply for one?
I began to wonder if you didn't want to have it ;)
You just need to copy the following url into your signature:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/malte2709/GOF%20A...iendsAward2.jpg
You can also optain that url by rightclicking on the award in somebody elses signature. Join the noble "Order of the Bestest Friends" :lol

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Done! :D

Well everyone, the final result of "Bestest Friends / Best Of Friends" is complete and ready to share.  This version includes Everyone who sent me a recording for either "Bestest Friends" or "Best Of Friends".  In total, we have 12 great singers with us for this performance and I give thanks to every one of them! :)  
Well done! :wow

I am trying to shut down my web server (to save electricity).  As a result, I am moving the songs to an online "storage box". Click this link:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/3255352/e3cc567/LBT.html

and you will see a number of folders.  If you open the "Songs" folder, you will see each song listed.  Click the folder with the name "Best Friends Mix" to find this song.  To download it, click the file on the right-hand side that appears in that folder.

I am impressed, everyone!  The next song project will start soon. B)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
glad to learn your shutting that money hog down for good.  How much was in setting ya back anyways?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How much was in setting ya back anyways?
I don't know exactly, as there are so many factors on a power bill that could affect it.  There's no way to know what exactly it was costing without figuring out how many kWh the machine gobbles up....I don't know, nor do I feel like calculating it out.  I do know that it wasn't very significant but I'd just rather not use it if I don't have to.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Excellent job, Action! The final version was awesome! You worked really hard on it! And I'm glad I could contribute! And great job to the other members! You also did great!  :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*applauds* Great job, Action!  This was really good!  You really have a talent that I feel shouldn't be wasted.  You really should think about going into a carrer that involves this talent of yours.  I think you'll be great for it! :^.^:

Anyways, could you PLEASE post who did what part?  It's driving me nuts trying to figure out who did what part. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Coming up!

For those technical people around here who are curious as to what this actually looks like on my computer, behold: :p

LBTlover, you asked why I need a big monitor.  Well, this is why!  Try fitting this in 800x600! :p

And here are how the song breaks down among our 12 vocalists:

Littlefoot1616: Sometimes Friends have to leave, it's very sad but true. But this me do believe

Dash the Longneck, Flathead770, Littlefoot1616: they still a part of you.

KingdomKey, Pokeplayer: And if you away and live some other place

Malte: I will think of you each day

Darkhououmon, Malte: and see your smiling face

Action9000, Petrie, Stitch: and we will always be your friends

Petrie: No matter where you are

LBTlover: Just around the bend

LBTlover, SaphireRaptor: or very very far

Flaedhead: wherever you will go

Flathead, Littlefoot1616: when you reach your journey's end

Littlefoot1616: No Matter what

Littlefoot1616, Malte: We'll always be

Darkhououmon, Flathead, LBTlover, Littlefoot1616, SaphireRaptor: Your Friends

LBTlover, Littlefoot1616, Malte, Pokeplayer, SaphireRaptor: We will always be your friends

Dash the Longneck, Flathead, Littlefoot1616, Malte, Petrie: Although we're far apart

Action9000, Dash the Longneck, LBTlover, Petrie: I'll see you in my dreams

Action9000, SaphireRaptor: and feel you in my heart

Petrie: and though the years may fly

KingdomKey, Littlefoot1616, Petrie: I know we'll meet again

Darkhououmon, Flathead, Littlefoot1616, Petrie, Stitch: And when we do, we still will be

EVERYONE: Your Friends.

KingdomKey, Petrie: I'll always be your

Action9000, Darkhououmon, Dash the Longneck, Flathead, Littlefoot1616, Malte, Pokeplayer, SaphireRaptor, Stitch: Bestest

EVERYONE: Friends...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Action, I just gotta know, is that FL studio platinum editon?

and also, why don't you have the computer set to group similar items on the taskbar?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Action, I just gotta know, is that FL studio platinum editon?
Well it's actually called FL Studio 7 Producer Edition, but yes.  That's it :)

and also, why don't you have the computer set to group similar items on the taskbar?
I did that on purpose.  I find it easier to track multiple instances of Internet Explorer when they aren't all grouped together.  It's easier to see what I actually have open and it's fewer clicks to re-open a window.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know, it may just be that she's one of the fewest girls to participate in this, but it seems like Saphire stands out whenever she sings.  Anyone else notice that? :)