The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Song Project: Things Change

action9000 · 255 · 19142

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
wah one of my cats decided they'd eat my mic =(
well i'll figure out away to record still =)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i haven't forgot about it, just can't seem to find the time to do it. I guess i better work on it soon.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
wah one of my cats decided they'd eat my mic =(
well i'll figure out away to record still =)
Please do Saphire! Your voice would be really missed :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
*Bump*
I sent a PM to everyone who has not yet sent in a recording, yet has volunteered to join in on this project.  I hope to hear from some of you soon! :D

Also, if I missed anyone, Please let me know! :yes

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Heh...Sounds like it might be fun...  Guess I'm in... Though... :unsure: I'm not the best singer in the world, I'll do what I can.  Maybe a Violin part would be good... I play the violin well... :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Maybe a Violin part would be good... I play the violin well...
Hmm, are you interested in a solo violin recording, a full recording with a violin playing the melody, or the sheet music of the melody written for violin?  I can work out any of those for you, I just need to know which one(s) interests you most (or something else, if I missed anything.  Heck, I can give you the full score to the song if you want LOL). B)

If you need some music to sing along to, here's a great place to start:
http://www.driveway.com/nknde61975

Please, do Not sing along to the original song.  It's very important that you sing along with one of the music files that we supply you with, for synchronizing reasons.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
wait a minute, I think I know what you meant!

Correct me on this, but are you volunteering to play the violin for our song? If so, perhaps we could have some fun with that!

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yep Yep Yep!  I guess I could try to get a recording to you.  When do you think you'll need it by?  

Starfall

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
At this point, no dates are for sure.  I'd say you have at least a month.  I'll keep in touch with you and everyone else regarding dates.

What we should probably discuss though is what notes you'll be playing!  One option is to play the melody, another option is to play some sort of harmony or accompaniment part, or perhaps a combination of both.  For now, let's put you on melody (let me know if you want sheet music!).  I'll work on composing an accompaniment/melody violin part for the song and I'll let you know how plausible it will be to work into the song.

For sure though, we can at least have you play the melody.  We'll go with that for now and I'll get back to you with cool harmony stuff in the near future.  Again, if you want sheet music for the melody, I can get it for you pretty quick.  Just let me know. B)

Out of curiosity, what is your skill level on the violin?  Basically, I need to know what sort of difficulty limits to concern myself with when composing the new part.

(Geez, if we had a few more musicians, we could perform the entire song using live instruments!  We need a drummer, a keyboardist (I can do that) a cello player, a guitar player and an english horn player the most :p Anyone? :p  French horn player could be useful too: Adam? :lol )

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, Skill wise I've played since I was five (irony, that) and I'm 16 now, so I', pretty good.  And yeah, the live instrument thing would rock.  

Starfall

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, Skill wise I've played since I was five (irony, that) and I'm 16 now, so I', pretty good.
Excellent! :D
We'll keep in touch. :yes

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
heh, i wouldn't mind having the violin part as well, i could play harmony maybe if starfall will be playing melody. I can't remember what level i can actually play at, but i know im not too horrible :lol . I've never taken any private lessons, only played in the school orbhestra.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, cool!  I'll get the parts to you two as soon as possible.  I am working every single day this week though so bear with me. B)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is gonna make this project really interesting and i can't wait to hear the finished product!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For the violin players:
Here is a link to some sheet music. It is simply the melody of the song for now.  I will work on writing in some harmonies for the 2nd violin part as soon as I have time.  In the meantime though, here's something to play around with. :)

This is written to be played on any soprano-range C instrument (violin, piano, flute, etc.):
http://www.driveway.com/khkdv38658

Of course, the player can transpose this to whatever key they need :p

PLEASE NOTE: This song is actually played at 113.50 BPM.  In order to keep performance in synch with our music, it is Vital that the live players can keep a tempo the same as our existing music.  My advice: when recording, just play along with my music in the background :).

Also, feel free to play around with octaves.  If you prefer the sound in a lower or higher (higher is probably tooooo high though :p), feel free to play/record in a different octave than I wrote in.  It's safe to take this down an octave; the lowest note is an A.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
gotta love them flats :lol . Other then that, it doesn't look too hard though.