The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

jassy’s Fanart

jassy · 359 · 44493

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh my gosh Jassy! Such a lovely piece again! :D Wonder what we'll see from you today!

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Alright, despite my best efforts to give consistent feedback, I'm afraid that I will have to refrain from posting further comments for the time being as I simply cannot deal with having to write new input on a daily basis when I'm already busy with my other assignments.

I see you decided to go with a pretty iconic scene this time. The vibrant colors here play a big role in setting up the view, though I do believe that the film used a yellowish-orange hue instead of bluish-purple that you favored here. That's not a critique at all, but rather gratitude on my part for making this drawing feel more like you instead of someone else. The characters themselves have the same gist adopted from the film, and their expressions were mostly done correctly, except for a minor detail on Littlefoot: he doesn't exactly look sad, does he? It may be the way the figure has been drawn, especially the lip area, but the longneck doesn't appear to be as mournful as he could be. As for the flyer hatchling, the sympathy and solace it tries to provide to Littlefoot is top notch. :)

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for all the feedback everyone! And @Anagnos  no worries about the feedback, I’ll most likely be taking it down a notch anyway now that I’m getting slowly back into writing.  :)

But looking at the drawing closer, I realized that I actually miscalculated and accidentally placed Littlefoot’s lip line a few inches too high. Whoops :oops I went ahead and fixed it up a bit since it was bothering me. But again, thank you guys!  :smile
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 11:48:32 AM by jassy »
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@jassy  I've seen some of your art pieces and they are simply amazing. Espically the recreation of the sad Littlefoot scene in the orginal movie and adult Chomper!  :chompysmile Really like your OC drawings of Nimble as well!

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@Goldenwind  thanks so much! Glad you like them  :chompysmile

Hey guys! I think I’m getting my groove back a little bit again, so here’s a piece of Sierra and Rinkus for this month’s character showcase! Sierra’s giving his pal a harsh but somewhat well intentioned pep talk  :OhYou I really like these two in LBT VII, and I was always curious to know their backstories. This is one of my lazier pieces, but I think it still turned out rather nicely despite it being my first time drawing them.  :PCera

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Ooh, I love this one! :Mo You drew the characters so well, and the color scheme is just gorgeous! It's so nice to see a bit of a friendship moment between these two, certainly not something I've seen explored in fanart of them before!

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege thank you very much!!  :smile Yeah, I always pictured these two having known each other for years and although they get on each other’s nerves, they rely a lot on each other.  :OhYou They’re really fun characters to explore!

@Amaranthine thank you!  :DD Haha no I don’t, I’ve been meaning to create one for a long time, but I’m lazy  :PCera hopefully I’ll get around to it one of these days!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 10:47:53 PM by jassy »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh this is great Jassy! Nice to see another showcase themed drawing on the forum! Don't really have much to say on the critiquing side of things, other then maybe Rinkus' neck might be too thick? Good job though!  :)littlefoot

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@Flathead770  Thanks! Told you I was trying to get into the swing of drawing canon characters, haha  :PCera now that you mention it, I do see that his neck is a little thicker than Sierra’s. Whoops  :oops

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Brillant as usual Jazzy! I love how vibrant the pinks are in this piece.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Oh, I really like this! I think choice of dusk/gloam for a reddish-pinkish background choice is great here - it really accentuates Rinkus' color scheme. The gloss/lighting on the two flyers is also very well done, as well as the pose, it shows a bond between them even without words. Very nice! :Mo
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Brillant as usual Jazzy! I love how vibrant the pinks are in this piece.

Thank you! I was originally going for something darker and more sinister looking to fit their roles as villains, but I’m glad I went for the soft pink sunset instead.  :^^spike

Oh, I really like this! I think choice of dusk/gloam for a reddish-pinkish background choice is great here - it really accentuates Rinkus' color scheme. The gloss/lighting on the two flyers is also very well done, as well as the pose, it shows a bond between them even without words. Very nice! :Mo

Thanks Owls! I’ll admit, I did have some doubts about the quality of this drawing, but I feel more confident about it now.  :smile

Decided to try something new today! I’ve never drawn Ducky before, and decided I’d give it a go. Let me just say, as much as I love her, drawing her head is a literal nightmare.  :PCera

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah so now you know the curse that is Ducky's head!  :PCera

You did a pretty good job though! It's just something that requires a lot of practice to finally get it to look right (and even with drawing her multiple times most people say that she doesn't look right haha)

I like the light background colours along with the messy white border. Makes it look like it's from a story book.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Brillant Ducky Jazzy! You captured her personality! Honestly she looks like an offical animator from Universal Studios made her! Congrats Jazzy! Your talent is going to take you far. :)

Edit: Are you going to enter this in the Fan Art prompt @jazzy?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 04:09:22 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This looks wonderful, Jassy! :duckyhappy Ducky's pose and facial expression are adorable, and I know how from my own experience how hard she can be to draw! Excellent job on the shading and background, too!

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Ah so now you know the curse that is Ducky's head!  :PCera

You did a pretty good job though! It's just something that requires a lot of practice to finally get it to look right (and even with drawing her multiple times most people say that she doesn't look right haha)

I like the light background colours along with the messy white border. Makes it look like it's from a story book.

Haha sadly, yes, it is quite cursed.  :thudstonk But thanks! I definitely need to reach out of my comfort zone, and I think trying to draw Ducky and having her not look off in some way is a good way to do that.  :PCera

Brillant Ducky Jazzy! You captured her personality! Honestly she looks like an offical animator from Universal Studios made her! Congrats Jazzy! Your talent is going to take you far. :)

Edit: Are you going to enter this in the Fan Art prompt @jazzy?

Thank you for saying that GS!  :smile I honestly think I have a long way to go before I can even come close to that level of skill, especially since I still have trouble with a few things, but I’m glad that you think so. And no, I have something else planned for the prompt!  :Mo

This looks wonderful, Jassy! :duckyhappy Ducky's pose and facial expression are adorable, and I know how from my own experience how hard she can be to draw! Excellent job on the shading and background, too!

Thank you very much Rainbow! Much of the drawing process was spent alternating between thinking she looked okay or deciding that she looked weird and I needed to fix a couple things. But it was fun  :duckyhappy

It’s been a while since I drew Ali, and her color scheme is super fun to work with so here she is  :PAli still don’t know how to draw longneck snouts.  :p

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 08:04:09 PM by jassy »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ali looks beautiful! I'll agree that longneck noses are super hard--I actually have a harder time with that than I do with Ducky's face. I'm loving your coloring and shading on Ali here...PUUUURPLE! <3

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah yes, flatheads are getting some more love  :RhettAli  :PAli

Very nice Jassy! I don't see any issues with Ali's snout here so you would have fooled me. Great job once again!  :)littlefoot

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege Thanks so much! Haha I feel the same, props to the animators for drawing Ducky’s face and longneck snouts so many times.  :sducky I honestly think purple is one of my favorite colors to work with, apart from green :bestsharptooth

@Flathead770 Haha Spike will always be my favorite though  :SmugSpike and thanks! I guess I’m just a bit more critical of myself than usual  :OhYou