The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DarkWolf's Fanart Thread

DarkWolf91 · 427 · 62757

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, and I forgot to say in all that commenting, awesome job on the drawing as well :DD

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Oaaaaaoaaaaaaaagh!
Sorry guys! I can't tell you how much I miss this place!
I had to get a full time job. Between that, physical training and keeping up with my art, I'm completely swamped! Not to mention the fact that I still don't have internet at home :cry

But I managed to scribble a quick doodle of petrie... in MS Paint... on a laptop touch pad :lol
Oh well, it's better than nothing!

Miss you guys! Hope to be more active soon!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
That’s actually a pretty good Petrie (especially considering you used a touch pad; I hate those things! :p). And I think the landscape looks great! :yes It's simple, but really nice!

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice job for a touchpad painting in MSpaint haha. I probably wouldn't be able to do that! He looks kind of tired :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice looking Petrie, considering how you did it.  Nice and simple background.  & he does look tired.  I guess from the fact he looks tired and the position of the sun it could be morning or evening.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, this is a million times better than what I can do! Nice job!

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 My guess would be getting late or the sunrise, similar to what happened in LBT12 after saving Guido :smile .
 Good pic!

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I cant even do that on the touch pad! Great great work! :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks so much, guys!

Here are some quick pen doodles with colored pencil I did after work, plus a bonus drawing of Littlefoot's head. The only thing referenced was Cera's crest, so sorry if they look a little off *cough*littlefoot*cough*  :p
And I know I've drawn Cera with a different expression before! I'll have to remember to do it again sometime, haha. She's just so fun to draw irritated :lol

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Those are awesome! :wow Way better than anything I could do from memory!

I LOVE Cera’s expression. :lol That’s an interesting pose you drew her in, too. And the drawing of Littlefoot’s head is really, REALLY good. :yes His snout looks a bit angular (more so on the side closer to the edge of the image), and his neck thicker, with a ridge on the back that Littlefoot doesn’t actually have, but otherwise his anatomy and expression are spot on with how they look in the movies. (And let me reiterate that this is far beyond anything I could do myself without reference.) Good work! :D

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you so much, Pangaea, glad you like them!
Yeah, something about Littlefoot's snout... I never get it quite right! I'll just have to keep practicing  :smile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do like the drawings.  The one in the upper left is especially good.  I do like the expression on littlefoot's face on the lower right & it does seem like you captured the essence of an annoyed Cera pretty well.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks, Kor! I like the expression on the one in the lower right, too!

Okay, one more for today! Myself as an Opthalmosaurus, thanks to the 'If you were a LBT Character' thread in the general LBT section. Might not be the final color scheme... But I'm kinda liking it so far :DD

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Wow! I hate repeating myself and others but your work on expressions and shadowing is just plain awesome! I wish I could say something more constructive but here I can just express my hope that you are going to keep up the excellent work :yes
Did you ever think about drawing a complete scene with different characters and background etc.?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I must admit your art is highly impressive, and to see you working with pen instead of Pencil is a show of true skill in my book. I am also greatly inspired by your accuracy at portraying both Littlefoot and Cera's expressions, just like in the movies.

Keep up the good work!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, wow. :blink: That is terrific! :DD

I think the color scheme is great! :yes Especially that bit of green around the eye.

I love the expression, too. Looks much more serious than Mo. :lol

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow! I hate repeating myself and others but your work on expressions and shadowing is just plain awesome! I wish I could say something more constructive but here I can just express my hope that you are going to keep up the excellent work :)
Did you ever think about drawing a complete scene with different characters and background etc.?

Ah, thank you so much! I really appreciate the encouragement!
I have most definitely wanted to draw out a complete scene. The main obstacle to this that I face has been a lack of free time. But I have a little something of that nature in the works, and after September I will be unemployed, so there will probably be an influx of art from me :smile

I must admit your art is highly impressive, and to see you working with pen instead of Pencil is a show of true skill in my book. I am also greatly inspired by your accuracy at portraying both Littlefoot and Cera's expressions, just like in the movies.

Keep up the good work!

Wow, high praise indeed! Thank you! I have been challenging myself to work in pen for some time now. It's quite useful on-the-go, and it keeps me from over-thinking things, which is very tempting in art :smile
Now after having done it for so long, it's sort of become my choice method.

Oh, wow. :blink: That is terrific! :DD

I think the color scheme is great! :) Especially that bit of green around the eye.

I love the expression, too. Looks much more serious than Mo. :lol

Thanks! Haha, I guess being more serious than Mo wouldn't exactly be a bad thing :smile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice picture.  It looks like this  Opthalmosaurus is more serious then Mo, and is looking at something above the surface, maybe something on a beach.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
They're soo lovely! I wish I could sketch like that! :D

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yet again, thank you all so much for the comments!

Here's a picture I promised Babidi I'd do aaaaaages ago! It's about time I finished! About time I did a semi-clean drawing, too :lol But, alas, these things take time.
The first sketch didn't turn out quite how I wanted, so I did another one. I ended up finishing them both anyways, though :p
Tried to take a minimalist approach to shading like the one found in the films. Also took design pointers from the Spinosaur in LBT 12, to try to give her a slightly more official look. Hopefully I'll start finishing some full-fledged scene illustrations soon!