The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
It looks like a new installment in the Resident Evil series is coming this 14th of September. A trailer has been already released! (The first part just looked like a promotion video of Sony, but seriously, this trailer is official, wait until the next part ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7LWCKMFKk8

So, is anyone feel like watching it? :smile

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Not a single moment in that made sense. Guess that's why it's a teaser. Maybe.
Afterlife really lowered my expectations for any future RE movies.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I love the RE movies. They're a lot of fun to watch.

Having said that, I completely understand why people hate them so much. If you are looking for movies that follow the storyline of the games, these are not the movies for you. Degeneration is really good for this though.

I first thought I was watching a Sony commercial, and then the second part came and I laughed a little. I thought it was pretty clever how they set it up.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I loved the movies too, up until Afterlife. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either. It was very slow-paced and all that slow motion made it, for me, tedious to watch. I didn't really care that the movies didn't follow the games. They were, as you said, fun to watch. Afterlife was not.
I, too, thought the false Sony commercial was clever. It reminded me of the teaser for the first movie that portrayed the Umbrella Corporation as a cosmetics company.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I'm looking forward to it. I really liked the first two films, they don't seem to take themselves too seriously so they're easy to enjoy. The fact that the story of the films doesn't follow the games doesn't bother me.

Also, is that Rain from the first film at about 57 seconds into the trailer? I thought she died?

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There are going to be three clones: Rain, Carlos, and One. They will have a 'good' side and a 'bad' side. The 'bad' side is the one working for Umbrella.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Oh ok, that sounds interesting. I'm just glad that Rain's back, she's my favourite character in the whole series. If she dies again, I'll be a sad panda.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Ugh. They're still making these retarded movies? Seriously, just stick to the stories the games made. They're much better than the pig dung that is this movie franchise and it's Mary Sue star.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Never really watched these movies myself, but I have a friend who likes them.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
While I agree that Afterlife was not the best, I found it substantially better than Extinction. I think Ali Larter is great as Claire and Wentworth Miller did a nice job portraying Chris. I had to give the movie major props for shooting the fight with Wesker at the end shot-by-shot from RE 5. I think what I liked the most about Afterlife was they reverted Alice back to completely human. The psychic powers were very annoying in Extinction, and it meant that she actually had to work to survive this time around.

But I agree, the excessive use of slow-motion did get annoying really quickly. Also, I'm glad that the Alice clones were only used in the beginning and not throughout the rest of the movie. One Alice is more than enough for me.