The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Laptop touch-pad mouse problem.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
With the time I was on my Laptop, I had to tolerate through a little problem with the touch-pad mouse.  There are times it just clicked by itself.  Why this is happening, I am unsure.  However, it seems to only happen when I stop the movement of the cursor for a bit. (Only a few seconds most of the time.)

So I need to find a way to fix this problem, because it is seriously becoming a hassle. (Besides, with my cruise coming up, I need to get this working as it'll be the only computer I'll have access to, if at all.)

So, you got any suggestions to fix this problem?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Probably an easy fix.  Go into the device manager and uninstall your laptop mouse.  Then restart your computer.

Sorry for the abrupt and non-friendly response.  I was very busy.  If you need more specific instructions, they are available upon request, but I'm pretty sure you can figure it out. ;)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, I've been having the same problem, I think.
It just clicks sometimes, and I don't notice it before my text is all screwed up (moved the cursor). Sometimes I wondered if it was me, who accidently touched the pad.
I'll try to do what you said aswell, Austin. Thanks.

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Austin did what I would've said.  This should reinstall the driver and everything should be a-OK. ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wasn't on when you gave the unfriendly one, LBTlover. :P:

Anyways, I tried what you said and it worked.  Thanks. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The same thing happened to my main laptop a week or so ago.  I had to do this same thing.  Strange......

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry, late reply.
Yep, that solved the thing. Many thanks!  :^.^:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.