The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Tale Lost To Fate

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well I did reply, just so we don't have a week old reply as our most recent
 its just a long conversation between dru essa and dar maa as they go gathering supplies for the trip. long story short, they agree to be very good friends. they now have all tier stuff, so we can now have the characters head out on the next leg of their journey.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
just a note, that the rp is on hold until Belmont returns, which should be this week. unfortunately he doesn't have internet access out there, so he wasn't able to make this announcement himself when he left last week.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
good to have you back Starfall..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
ok guys i am creating a skype chat room for this rp. if i have you in my contacts i'll add you to the chat room, and we can discuss characters, ideas, plot arcs, romances, shippings etc. if i dont have you in my contact list, just add me to your list and i'll add you. right now i have belmont and chile added, i still need to add kor and starfall.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we'll keep trying to add you kor.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we are breaking down the group by rooms.
 room 1
 dru essa, nicula, chaka
 room 2
 sed nues, dar maa, Eric
 room 3
 kyo, qamaret, walker
room 4
 jae
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That sounds good. I guess you'll be updating that post, right? because I can only think we will be keeping that order in the rooms until we all leave this new town.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes it will be updated as the rest pick their rooms.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we should probably bring the tol back in i think..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Alien Ant Farm

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Uh, I'd like to join. I was going to drag and drop some OCs, but I'll be creating new ideas entirely instead.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well alein, you are welcome to join as long a you follow the rules. Have you ever rped before?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Alien Ant Farm

• Ruby
    • View Profile
"As long as I follow the rules", he says. Guy, I know it goes. This isn't my first forum. I've done plenty of writing. I want to be involved in something interesting, that doesn't take itself too seriously. Like this. Er, where would I post OCs, ideas and things?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here, actually. so names species talents things like that.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Alien Ant Farm

• Ruby
    • View Profile
RACES
Origins: A progenitor umbrella species that is said to have given life to most races that exist today after an event called the Mass Emigration. Telltale signs are antennae on the head, and sometimes tails. Origins are a middle-of-the-road species; they aren't overwhelmingly strong, and not a race of geniuses. They are a race of balance, which makes them a very versatile threat. There are many types of Origins to be found. A very interesting species shrouded in mystery, that seeks answers to many questions.

Sovereign Viscant: Created by the Origins for war purposes, the first Viscant ever engineered was Subject Six. Due to its high intelligence, it was able break out of its containment facility and proceeded to turn on the Origins in charge of the programme. Its high intelligence led it to develop acute sensory attributes, and self-awareness. In time, it would learn to assimilate and modify genetic material, eventually creating "children". Not much is known about the Viscant, other than the fact that they are the most "artistic" species, with each member being able to choose their appearance to express their personality. Stronger than the Origins and Arcani physically, but aren't as experienced when it comes to technological science. It is also unknown why the majority of them work with Apep, and what they have to gain by joining forces with him.

Arcani: A race that lived alongside the Origins in their original realm as well as couple other species that were around at the time. They have similar anatomies to the Origins, but theirs are "thicker". Their antennae and tails are comes in silver, grey and white, and are fluid -- not unlike a gelatinous material. While weaker than the Origins physically, they compensate with their immense knowledge and adeptness of practicality, and craft perfection. The Arcani are diverse culturally, with various creeds, occupations and walks of life making up the species.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
ER AAF, the characters in the rp areinspired by the Elder Scrolls games by Bethesada, Morrowind, Skyrim and oblivion, as well as other fantasy stories. so say a faun or centaur could work, but sadly not those races you are proposing. Have you ever played any of the ES games? in those games there are 10 races, such as orcs, argonians, khajit, bosmer, elves and imperials, to name just a few.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Alien Ant Farm

• Ruby
    • View Profile
FACTIONS
The Thieves Guild: Made up of many species from all walks of life, the Guild of Thieves "headquarters" can be found in the city of Dijon. Their ranks consists of synonyms for thief (Larcenist, Smuggler, Burgular). They, obviously, make a living from thievery. A good number of their techniques are learned from the following faction, and they share a kinship due to their philosophy of something one should never underestimate: Stealth.

The Fraternity of Assassins: The product of a military unit that existed during a great war a long time ago, the Phantoms. Shrouded in mystery and very exclusive, they are carefully selective of with whom they associate. Though they are mercenaries, they consider honour and loyalty to be their binding principles, and if one manages to befriend an Assassin (capital 'A' yes), they will have an unfaltering ally. In these times, that may be one of your best resources. Their chapters are dictated by regional logic, rather than common ideals and motivations like the Thieves Guild.

The Order of Chrononauts: The continuation of the Guardians, responsible for the keeping and management of time long ago. Their faction is among the oldest listed in this post, dating back to sometime early after the Mass Emigration. The arrival of the Sages led to a war which put both groups on a razor thin edge that teetered over the threat of extinction. It is for this reason that arcane study and magic of any kind is/are outlawed for any and all Chrononauts. They could be described as an interventionist faction: very political, and very much involved in the affairs of the world. The Chrononauts are like the news, minus the technology, though they are an intellectual faction, making great strides in the fields of science.

Guild of the Arcane Arts: Sages. They don't get along with Chrononauts thanks to a brutal war that nearly wiped both factions from existence. They're known for their use of the arcane -- magic. It is common for a Sage to have a marking of their particular "School of Study" on their foreheads, and/or tattoo markings that indicate the same.

The Suffering: Made up of mostly Sovereign Viscant, the Suffering is a guild that uses the deadly art of blood magic. Necromancy, torture, sacrifice, black, demon, summoning -- it's all here. They are currently allied with Apep and are a protagonist faction.

The Archive: A faction that collects. Information, artefacts, anything of power -- their existence centers around collection. Long ago, a small team of Origins sought to develop ways to maintain balance. Rather than simply fight against those who would upset it, they would take a deterrent approach. How? By finding and seizing things of power to prevent those from upsetting the power balance and throwing the world into chaos. They are the most neutral faction as their policy prohibits taking sides -- even politically -- with any organisation, group, unit, team, state, nation-state, populace, fraternity, guild, or party. They aren't against their members (called Collectors) having relationships of any kind with non-members, so long as they put the organisation first. Compromised of many races, they don't operate in chapters that have a small degree of autonomy, but "Divisions" as dictated by location. These Divisions' self-governance begin with a custom name, insignia and/or crest, and end with cosmetics to the uniform which must be more similar than different. More like a science and military cluster than a society.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
those factions are workable into the story aaf. we'll think up different names for them, as different groups can have many names depending on the region they are in. for example the thieves guild could be called the plucky hand. each finger represents an attribute plundering, looting, blackmail, bribery and extortion. fun fun stuff.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: