The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Little Pony: Cyberpunk is Magic

Serris · 62 · 7102

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Based off this post:

Quote from: Insane Crossover Concept Thread on  
Thirty five years have passed since the defeat of Nightmare Moon. The Mane Six have aged significantly and technology has made great leaps. Ponyville is no longer a small town, but a thriving metropolis. But underneath that is a seedy underworld of corruption, apathy and greed.

It also draws some elements from Caustizer's dark MLP fic (sent via PM to me) and maybe a bit of Shadowrun.

I need to do more brainstorming but I want to see if anyone is interested in this.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Depends on how the main six are to be portayed in it.  I mean, I wouldn't mind being part of it if I get to be Pinkie Pie at least....but want to do something with her is all, give her a split personality ordeal, as in, her friendly Pinkie Pie side and her hateful, Pinkamena side sort of thing, the latter being, well, mentally unstable as well :p

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mane Six, thirty five years later:

Pinkie Pie - owns nice. "family friendly" cafe in the nice section of Ponytropolis but the Pinkamena side owns a gritty, sleazy nightclub (you know, strippers, drugs, bar brawls, etc.) in the bad section of Ponytropolis.

Rainbow Dash - Stunt pilot for the Wonderbolts. And a participant in underground races.

Twilight Sparkle - Works at a government sponsored magic/technology research institution.

Applejack - Owns an underground hydroponics farm with her family.

Rarity - Owns a high tech factory/mine that supplies raw materials for assorted industries in and around Ponytropolis. Being Rarity, she relies on either robots or paid laborers to do the manual labor.

Fluttershy - Works at a charity for homeless/poor ponies.

-----------------------

It will be story driven but I need to think of a story.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, that sounds rather good.  I mean, I'd still be willing to play Pinkie Pie, especially with how you still have her Pinkamena side there as well, which is roughly how I did want to play her.  Well, the Pinkamena side not really owning or running anything and doesn't exactly surface till later on down the tracks sort of thing.

It's just an idea I had buzzing around for Pinkie Pie/Pinkamena sort of thing.  I mean, yes, still have Pinkie Pie still run a cafe and all, but still argues with her Pinkeamena side and all, till her Pinkamena side takes over fully....and just becomes a hateful nuisence....and rather psychotic as well XD

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you want, I can give you a villain in the form of Pinkamena.....as that is sort of how I do want to portray the Pinkamena side, while Pinkie Pie is still the nice pony everyone else knows.  Just I guess, think along the lines of Two-Face from the Batman comics....in a sense anyway.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Nov 24 2011 on  04:42 AM
It's just an idea I had buzzing around for Pinkie Pie/Pinkamena sort of thing.  I mean, yes, still have Pinkie Pie still run a cafe and all, but still argues with her Pinkeamena side and all, till her Pinkamena side takes over fully....and just becomes a hateful nuisence....and rather psychotic as well XD
I had envisioned Pinkie Pie as essentially being two ponies (split personality):

Pinkie Pie - hot pink cheerful, curly-haired, bubbly pony from the show. Runs said family-friendly cafe.

Pinkamena - straight-haired dark grey-pink pony. Foul-mouthed, crude and rude. Runs said sleazy nightclub.

Of course, the Mane Six only know about Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie tries hard to keep her Pinkamena side and Pinkie Pie side apart.

Of course, this is up to whoever wants to play Pinkie Pie.

----------------

The CMC of the future:

<Cyborg> Scootaloo - One of the more famous racers in the underground racing circuit.

Sweetie Belle - Assists Rarity at her factory/mine.

Apple Bloom - Works on her family's underground hydroponic farm.

----------------

Cloudsdale has now evolved into a somewhat dirty, gritty, floating factory-city complex that manufactures weather related phenomena.

----------------

As this is a cyberpunk work, computer systems, virtual reality, augmentations and other high tech stuff is acceptable.

As for augmentations, I will allow anything as long as it does not break the game.

Alicorns are playable BUT with one caveat; they cannot be "natural" Alicorns (Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are the only natural Alicorns). In other words, they must be cyborgs.

----------------

A massive network of caverns and tunnels run underneath Ponyopolis. This is the "under city", where the infrastructure of the city (power, farming, water, sewage processing, communications, etc.) is located. It is also, an extremely sleazy place where prostitution, illegal gambling, illegal racing, selling of black market cybernetic augmentations/drugs and general unpleasantness takes place.

But above that lies a much cleaner and high tech maglev subway connects Ponyopolis to other parts of Equestria.

----------------

I am still trying to decide what the "underground racing" should be. Note that it is literally underground as the races take place in the "infrastructure tunnels" underneath Ponyopolis.

My original idea was basically have the racers pilot small planes/speeder bikes.

Then I imagined the racers wearing something like this:

-----------------

Note that I am perfectly willing to allow changes to my interpretation of the canon characters.

After all, fun is the goal of this RP!

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, as I said, I'll still like to be Pinkie Pie, having ideas for her already.  What you had said is more or less what I was after too, that only Pinkie knows about Pinkamena.  Though, the whole nightclub thing I believe I'll actually leave out for now anyway.  I mean, when Pinkamena does get, say, annoyed and all and starts to take control of Pinkie Pie, then she may change the cafe around a bit....more darker and all that sort of jazz.  Yet, I'll also probabally have her, when no one is around, have her talk to herself, sort of like Gollum/Smegal from Lord of the Rings, but via reflections and the sorts like that.

And with her split personality disorder I had, which you had also mentioned, the whole mane thing will still happen, as in, poofy for Pinkie Pie, but deflated for Pinkamena (as well as a sad Pinkie Pie too).

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hmm. I thought about using Trixie (either with a ton of cybernetic augmentations or wearing a suit of powered armor) as a villain.

Of course, a radical revolutionary cell trying to kill Princess Luna and Princess Celestia could also work.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
By the way, how old are the CMC suppose to be in this one?  I ask as it is to do with an OC I may bring in as well, if that's okay, one I had used in Starfall's FiM RP on here.  She's the same age as the other CMCs is all, and if they're older in this one, it's all good.

Just so I can get a good idea about it is all ;)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Nov 27 2011 on  12:02 AM
By the way, how old are the CMC suppose to be in this one?  I ask as it is to do with an OC I may bring in as well, if that's okay, one I had used in Starfall's FiM RP on here.  She's the same age as the other CMCs is all, and if they're older in this one, it's all good.

Just so I can get a good idea about it is all ;)
Everyone has aged twenty to twenty five years - give or take a year or two.

I will be using a 1:1 ratio for human:pony years.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay,so roughly, how old would the Mane 6 be anyway? Just so I do get a better understanding of it and all.  And the CMC would be, say, the same age as the Mane 6 are as they are in the series itself?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Nov 27 2011 on  12:13 AM
Ah okay,so roughly, how old would the Mane 6 be anyway? Just so I do get a better understanding of it and all.  And the CMC would be, say, the same age as the Mane 6 are as they are in the series itself?
Mane Six:
Applejack - 42
Twilight Sparkle - 45
Rarity - 41
Rainbow Dash - 40
Fluttershy - 41
Pinkie Pie - 40

CMC:
Scootaloo - 29
Sweetie Belle - 31
Applebloom - 30

---------------------

Of course with all the technology present, the characters may not look their age...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah I see, so in turn, they would look younger?  The Mane 6 that is?  As with the CMC, they would seem to look how they would look, as one would say.  But regardless, I do believe I know what you mean, as I may just have Pinkie Pie/Pinkamena look the same still, well, maybe look a bit older, but not look 40, so to speak.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Okay, I am now in the final planning stages.

Here is the character sheet (canon characters do not need them):

Name:

Type of Pony:

Cutie Mark:

Appearance:

Personality:

Other: (augmentations, etc)

------------------

The full plot will come sometime later.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Gonna use my OC that I use in Starfall's FiM RP, though, give her an age boost as it were.  Being the same age as the CMC are suppose to be.  And yes, I still want to take on the role of Pinkie Pie/Pinkamena as well ;)

Name: Dawn

Type of Pony: Pegasus

Cutie Mark: (I'll add that in a bit later on, can't think on it just yet)

Appearance: Dawn has green fur, along with a darker green mane and tail.  However, instead of her normal pegasus wings, they had been replaced with mechanical wings because of an accident.  On her face, she has a mechanical eye that replaces her left eye, with a metal platting around it, sort of like Kano from the Mortal Kombat franchise.  So yes, she has an odd eye colour, her mechanical eye gives off a red colour, while her nomal eye gives off a blue colour instead.  Her front legs are essential robtoized, along with her sides as well, in other words, they're metal.

Personality: While Dawn is usually nice, she she's in her "cyborg mode" she is deathly serious.  Her Cyborg Mode is usually activated unwillingly and she has no real control over it.  Think RoboCop styles in that sense.  But other than that, she is usually a rather nice pegasus all in all, even if she does to keep up a tomboyish-like attitude.

Other: She is essential, part cyborg because of an accident a while ago she had suffered.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
MrDrake, approval has been granted.

I will play Twilight Sparkle and Scootaloo and maybe an OC as well.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've got a few OC's to play as.  And I can take Applejack, as well.  And Gilda.

Name: Haru of the Kusanagi family
Type of Pony: Unicorn
Cutie Mark: A Crescent moon and a dagger crossing on a shield

Appearance: Haru is a Deep Blue unicorn pony with a distinctive black horn and deep sea-blue eyes. His mane is a fiery orange, standing in sharp contrast to the rest of his body, and is kept in a short fringe in front, with the back kept free and of middle length. He usually wears a small gold collar with red accents around his neck, and wears a well-decorated silver saddle on his back. Remarkably, he carries a carved wooden sword on his back, which he can use with exceptional talent.

Personality:  Time hasn't been kind to Haru.  A string of losses has led him to develop a cold, realist view of the world.  Seeing justice as useless, he has cast aside his formerly idealistic view and become little more than a mercenary for hire.

Other:  Carries his wooden sword and a knife with him at all times

Name: Jin of the Kusanagi Family
Type of Pony: Unicorn
Cutie Mark: A Spear and Sun overlaid on a shield

Appearance: Jin is a grizzled Dark-blue unicorn, whose body is covered in scars from the dozens of fights that he's been in.  His mane is raggedly cut into a short, free-hanging style, and his eyes are deep set, with a haunted edge to them.  He wears a black, trenchcoat-esque saddle, and metal-reinforced boots.  His eyes glow in the dark

Personalty:  Jin was once the Captain of Luna's guards, until a routine patrol of the Undercity went astray, and ended with almost his entire unit dead, as well as heavy civilian losses, after which he was dishonorably discharged from the guards.  This has changed him to be cynical and aggressive, using his formidable training as a guard to become a vigilante.

Other:  Master of using magical attacks, usually in the form of solid constructs.

Organization

Name: "The Saints of Luna"

Type of Ponies: Generally thought to be composed entirely of Unicorns, there have been reports that indicate possible Pegasi or Earth Pony involvement, as well.

Numbers:  Unknown, though always sighted in two-pony teams

Alignment: Vigilantes

Appearance:  All members of this group are spotted wearing full-face masks, along with full-body covering outfits.  Black long coats cover all of them.

Methodology:  This group has been known to operate in two-pony cells, seemingly wandering the shady parts of Ponyville with no boundaries.  Despite the seeming disorganization, they operate well as a group, never seeming to overlap or conflict with each other.  This has led to some speculation that they are no more than two ponies, but their startling effectiveness at removing criminals would suggest otherwise.  Rarely do they leave their targets alive, frequently dropping corpses of the worst criminals in Ponyville at the local guards station.

Other:  Viewed as a menace by some, the Royal Guard seems hesitant to do anything about them...

Terms

"The Undercity"- The seedy, corrupt portion of Ponyville.  A colloquial name.  

Thoughts

I see the Royal Guard as having become something of a peacekeeping force, with significantly expanded membership and duties.  More akin to a modern police force, they're in charge of keeping all cities in Equestria safe.

Also, I think it would be interesting to have Princess Luna in charge of the seedy side of Ponyville.  Not actively corrupt, but as a mayor of sorts, trying to clean up the streets, but not succeeding very well.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Starfall, you are approved.

I like your idea especially with Luna and the "Undercity". The Royal Guard as a national police force works too.

But the name should be changed to differentiate between the seedy side of Ponyville and the lawless underground.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, how about "Undercity" For the shady districts, and "Nightmare City" for the lawless underground?