The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ten cold times ain't enough...

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Still like the description says this is a work in progress but I would like your ideas and comments anything you can help with would be an honor!

I'm still working on a title for this RP, I need a good opening post, no matter how crazy it sounds! Well heres to the hope of a new RPG...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like the title.  Another could be The Return or something like that.  The key to a title is to choose one that does not give to much away.  

If this is 10 years later all the FC and OC's would be 10 years older.  Or is it set 10 years after a certain incident?  I guess the gang would be equivalent to their teens for instance.  If it is set 10 years after a certain incident then the gang and some oc's may be more then 10 years older then in the rp's going on now.  

You also have to decide, is this a pure lbt rp, 1 weak ability is allowed (then best to clear the character with you before it is allowed in), or other?  Also some changes some FC and OC's have gone through.  For instance:

If Mim and Cyrix are still mates would they have have children by now?  How many and age ranges, are any of them open for rp or not?  What age ranges roughly?

Has Littlefoot joined Bron's herd and visits the great valley and his old friends there? Or is he still a resident in the Great Valley?  Are his grandparents (and Mr. Thicknose) still alive or not?

If she is 10 (or more) years older is Cera's little sister open for rp?  Tricia or Tria, whichever one she is.    

Does Cera have any younger brothers and/or sisters?

Sounds sorta similar to an rp idea I had.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just to clear the first matter up quickly, this is a pure lbt rp. Now I do believe I've finally thought of a title that might work... The Circle Continues.

It does take place after a certain incident in my fanfic, but for the sake of the rp, everyone will simply refer to it as the 'Accident'.

All OC's in the current RP's are teens, or fully grown....depending on their ages in the character section.

The gang of five has entered their teen years. Littlefoot is still a resident of the valley, however his grandparents have passed on. This would've been much harder on Littlefoot, if Ali's herd along with Bron's hadn't shown up and told him they were staying in the valley indefinitely.

Littlefoot and Ali are a couple...(Like you didn't see that coming...:lol ) Cera is now the leader of the threehorn herd within the valley. Tricia is also playable, but is still a kid.

Mr.Thicknose is still alive and well and playable.

Spike has joined Tippy's herd and is currently outside the Valley. Ducky however knows her brother to be safe.

Mim and Cyrix have had hatchlings, but only three: the first one is 4 years old and the other two are  3 years old. All hatchlings in this rp are open to play. (Not just restricted to Mim and Cyrix's offspring.) Any couple in this rp who have had hatchlings FC, or OC the hatchlings are playable.

That's all I can think of for the moment!

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
I can imagine Denton a bit in his teens, and the gang in general. I feel the story would take a more serious tone than in the stories of their childhood

as for Littlefoot's grandfather, there is a good chance he'd pass on over that period of ten years. He seems tired most of the time, and he did come down with that illness in the fourth movie which Littlefoot went to get the moon flowers for.

I feel the poor old chap has seen his days already and he'd probably would had died a peaceful death feeling his life in this world was complete. he'd leave still seeing Littlefoot a fine young longneck who he had trained and taught all that he needed to teach him, and he'd feel confident that Littlefoot would be able to handle things on his own.

just my two cents

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like the title.

I guess Spike visits like Ali, Bron and Shorty do in the tv series.  How about Chomper.  He could, perhaps, live in the valley eating what he did before, and maybe fish.  Or he could visit the valley at times if he lives outside it.  If he visits he, perhaps, would have some sort of signal he gives so the folks who patrol, if any do, would know it is Chomper, though some would still gather to greet him and make sure it is him.  Also has Bron found a mate? Does Littlefoot have younger siblings? Cera have more then just one?

As for Littlefoot that is a good idea.  It could be the time when eventually he'll have to decide to stay, or join Ali or Bron's herd, and Ali may have to make a decision as well, based on what Littlefoot does, they'd have to talk about it, though that will likely be after the rp takes place so no mention may happen.  

I guess with both longneck herds in the valley for now that would add in Shorty & Rhett into the playable characters.  

I guess Tricia is roughly about Cera's age in the movies and series.  Littlefoot & Ali may be a bit to young to have had hatchings maybe, up to you though.  Same with Ruby, if she found a mate.

Not sure if you'd want to discuss some possible fc char personality changes or leave that completely up to the player, or have the player discuss it with you either here or by pm.

Maybe a list of playable characters, something like, though you will change it being gm this is just an idea to get you started based on your info so far:

Teens: Littlefoot, Ali [to young to have had hatchlings yet?], Shorty, Rhett, Chomper, Ducky, Cera, Petrie, Guido (? older teen ?)

Possible Older teens: Ruby, Guido

Kids: Tricia (any other kids Threehorn and Tria may have had)

Oc's:
kids: the 3 kids of Cyrix and Mim,
teens: Denton, Longtail
Slightly older adults (roughly 30's?): Mim & Cyrix  (likely still as physically capable as in the character section I'd guess)

Similar to my idea, though I was thinking of doing the gang as adults with their own kids about their age in the movies.  So a similar idea.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That list of playable characters is a great idea. As for the idea of having Chopmer visit the valley from time to time is another step in the right direction...

As for character personalities I'll leave that one up to the player, as ten years can change some people...and the gang certinally aren't kids anymore.

Wether or not Littlefoot and Ali have hatchlings is also up to the player, so I see this as being a pretty big and open RPG!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If they did have any hatchlings  they would, perhaps, be around the age of Littlefoot was early in the first movie or a bit older, not his age in the movies and series, unless Littlefoot and Ali are in thier mid 20's I'd say.  So sorta like having a hatchling Littlefoot early in the first movie or a longneck Tricia from the series.  

I like the idea of Chomper visiting the valley sometimes too.  He does have friends there after all, and it is a nice place.  Maybe part of what he does while he is outside the valley is he may patrol outside the valley around and near certain entrances to help to keep the valley and farwalkers safe or something.  Though the details of that is between you and whoever does Chomper.  Though I do agree the potential for playable characters will be quite large.  Similar again to my idea.  

You want to eventually do a list of playable characters, and later on who is doing each? No hurry, plenty of time for all that.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante would be around 27, and would be a little more mature, but still keep his playful, upbeat nature.  He no longer has the Sankakku, nor the curse mark.  Count me in.  
Does this have anything to do with Pterano's return?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Dec 6 2007 on  03:38 PM
Dante would be around 27, and would be a little more mature, but still keep his playful, upbeat nature.  Count Me in.  
Does this have anything to do with Pterano's return?
This actually deals with the end of my fanfic...so this is going to be a pretty vauge opening post! :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We can just assume the characters know about it and call it the accident like you said above.     Also since it's a pure LBT some oc's may need some tweaking, some though would not need any.  

Pterano does bring up if he's been allowed back and become a good member of the herd learning from his mistakes during the stone of cold fire incident, if he was kicked out again for falling back into his old ways, or if you have another idea you'd prefer.  Though he'd likely be 10-?? years older then in the movie he appeared in.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd say Pterano should definitely make a comeback but wether he's reformed or just trying for another power play will be up to who ever decides to play his role. Although in contrast with his age...after five years from the end of the Stone of Cold Fire and then 10+ more...where ever he has been...I would say that puts him at about...at least 40 years in our time...I think...my math may be off....

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Technically, by using the description of my characters, Vylor and Argaya would be hundreds of years old. 10 years wouldn't make a difference.

I probably will be doing my OC's, but I want to do an FC. I don't know which one to do.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Remember it's pure LBT so I guess that means no powers.  Some tweaking may be needed.  That is between you and The Great Valley Guardian.  

As for the Fc there's plenty of time to decide so no hurry.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll just make the characters I'm using in Guardian's other RP 10 years older. No magic. The only thing that they have is their intelligence, and now their physical form is larger, so now some more muscle.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If they're around Littlefoot's age they may be around his size, roughly.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Physically, they are Littlefoot's size. So you would be correct Kor.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
When will this RP start?

Just one thing: Thicknose is still alive? Isn't he as old, or older, than Littlefoot's grandparents?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I assume it'll start after The Great Valley Guardian's rp ends or soon.  It may be hard to keep track of running 2 different rp threads.  

Grandpa Longneck may be older, though he has not been a valley resident as long as mr thicknose has.  He also looks pretty fit, able to jump, though it looks like Grandpa longneck would be unable to jump.  That is likely up to The Great Valley Guardian since it's his rp.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes this RP will start after my current one ends...which may take a while...but it will be a good one. As to Mr. Thicknose's age...I would assume he is a little younger than Littlefoots grandparents...although not by much...but I would assume 10 years he'd still be around.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In 10 years he may be like grandpa longneck, easily tired, and not as active as he has been in the movie and some episodes.