The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

This may sound shameful...

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
but...

I've never actually roleplayed before. I just really never tried since I always thought I would just mess it up :unsure:

How do you do it really? Do you just take turns saying parts of a story, acting whichever character you chose? If so, how would you know exactly where to lead the story? :blink: confusing :huh:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Guess what, I never finished an RPG either. I did post some messages in some land before time RPGs, but none of them ever got beyond the begining. You can't be much more ignorant than I'm, so don't you worry and just come along :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Don't worry, neither have I  :lol
I figure it will become clear as we get going on it, but I'll bet some of our more experienced members can explain it very well.  I'd try, but it would simply be guesswork, and my thoughts are similar to your at the moment.

Ahh well - that's not stopping me  in the upcoming LBT RPG :lol

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well, you pick a character, and control hios or her actions, such as talking. You can describe events your character participates in , por things your character sees. You can describe the surrounding of another person's character, but you can't speak for that character.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I'd think I've got a good idea of a LBT RP only no humans, time travel nothing so we keep to a LBT basics only. the idea is that a herd from far away lands escape the cold but when they arrive at the Great Valley they're met with not welcomed looks being a herd that care for themselves mostly and the rudiness they give to the welcome party just from the looks as they walk by. giving some real trouble to Little and friends when a group of kids from that herd that arrived treating him and the gang nothing more then nobodies.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think this is a basic idea for a story we could work with. There is one problem about the whole planning of this RPG however. Already we have way too many personal characters. With the herds of own characters we already have and with everybodies natural effort to put the own characters forward I don't think the result would be a story in which the original characters would play any important role. Unwilling to become more of a maker of unpopular rules than I am already I'm pretty close to giving up the whole strictly LBT RPG business.
Maybe it is no good making up characters before an RPG has even started. The story as it proceeds (and your suggestion for a basic plot may be a good starting point Threehorn) will show what characters are needed. If everyone wants to put in three, four or more own characters I am in doubt that it will work out without reducint the original characters to mere backstage actors (at best).

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Does that mean my Sharptooth character dosen't work anymore? He won't really appear until later on in the story.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
We can still make this work.  All of our own characters would be made minor to keep the main characters at the lead of the story.  Right now, we just have to decide who plays the main characters before we can make the option of adding our own characters in this story.

As for the last few RPG's we played in one of the LBT sites before here, Malte, you and I were doing pretty good despite the common fact of a lack of RPers.

Anyway, let's make a list of the main characters first and see who wants to play who.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for the last few RPG's we played in one of the LBT sites before here, Malte, you and I were doing pretty good despite the common fact of a lack of RPers.
I agree. It worked quite well on the predecessor page of the GOF and I'm sure it can work out here too. Back then it stopped (mainly for lack of participants I reckon) when we had just started to get the kids into trouble ;)
Let's try to get them in and out again.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As for storyline, just do what you want to do. The plot molds after each post. There is no set plot in RPs.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I haven't played roleplaying games on internet and in english never in my life, this is something most new for me, so I cannot avoid to feel nervous.
 But I was told that I need to relax and go to my own pace, and I think I'll have a good time doing this, I really hope I won't screw anything :P: so I can obtain some experience and that way to try to play in more RPGs.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The thing is, I was in the same boat as you. I didn't RP before I came here. Now I am RPing and have started my own RP. Don't be ashamed of something that others have endured.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This was an old thread, but I have been rping for quite a while off and on.  

If you are unsure or new to it it may be best to start with 1 rp then branch out.  Perhaps playing only 1 fc at a time till you find out if you like rping or not.  You do have to move at your own pace.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 What is a "fc", a fictional character?. Well, thanks for the advice, and yes, it is much better to be in just one RPG, so I can try to learn a bit and that way I may not to put myself in problems :D . Thanks for the encouraging, all of you :yes .

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
FC is for Feature Character, one who has appeared in this case in a LBT movie or series.  Littlefoot is a FC as are Cera, Ducky, ect.

I disagree that an FC should be regarded as higher then an oc, both should be equal, that is only fair in my opinion.  Though most, if not all, will disagree I don't really care.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 The OC is original character? the ones created by ourselves to participate in RPGs or when making our own stories.
 I think the FCs are always considered higher because they are canon, they do appear so they always get more attention, but OCs should really be very well considered too, because it shows our interest to also have a participation in the stories that are developing, and because they are part of ourselves too.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I still think both should be treated as equal.  It seems more fair that way.  My opinion and most disagree I know.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I agree with you Kor :) .
 Besides, working with OCs can give players more freedom instead on having to act like the FCs which is far more challenging, specially for beginners like me.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, Oc's do offer one more freedom then FC's, but some people just don't like doing FC's though they could do one well perhaps.