The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Just saw The Avengers.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, cause in the first Iron Man movie, it was that other guy....whose name I can't recall now, but in Iron Man 2, it's Don Cheadle....who I still thought did a rather good job at portraying James Rhodes/War Machine.  But yeah, hopefully in the sequel he'll show up as well.

Only thing that still sort of irks me about these movies is that they have Samuel L. Jackson portraying Nick Fury...which while, is a good choice and all, that version of him is the Ultimate Nick Fury....and it seems to just sort of collide with the whole, usual Marvel Universe they have going on here.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I don't get your complaint about Jackson if he's a good choice, at all. That's just the thing, they're not playing it as just the core universe. They're using elements from both universes here, such as Hawkeye and Black Widow being SHIELD agents and in their Ultimate uniforms. Thor is also seen wearing his Ultimate outfit for a while, too.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
True, I guess I had been under the impression that they were using one universe is all, and that being the usual....I think it's the 616 universe.  Not the Ultimate universe.  But ah well, even if it does seem a bit odd and all, Jackson as Nick Fury is still a good choice.

I guess I just would've liked to see the normal universe version of Nick Fury being used.  But other than that small random complaint, movie was still as awesome as anything.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I would reassure you that you're probably going to see Standard Fury, but they've been using Black Fury in just about everything lately.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf