The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My land before time website

Teresa · 28 · 3986

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone. *hugs all round*

I discovered the whole Triceratops/triaceratopsy thing when watching the invasion of the tinysauruses. i applaud the writters who came up with it.  :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't mean to be the faultfinder, but there are a few disputable entries in the dictionary.
Threehorn for example would probably refer to all kinds of Cerapods sporting three distinctive horns. This would include not just Triceratops but also Torosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Anchieceratops... the list goes on.

Swimmer too would probably describe not just Saurolophus but any kind of amphibic dinsaur. Many Hadrosaur species would be included in this Parasaurolophus and Edmontosaurus for example.

Spiketail is the same story. We only over saw Stegosaurus in LBT but other representatives of the family Stegosauridae would probably be included though I suppose they might make up different names for species which feature additional distinctive features to their spiked tails.

Sharptooth is the same story. Whatever will eat you is labeled a sharptooth by the dinosaurs of the Great Valley. I suppose they might come up with additional descriptions if they want to differentiate between large carnivores, raptors etc. but a sharptooth is definitely not just a T-Rex.

A swimming sharptooth may also be something else than a shark. The Liopleurodon in LBT 9 is one example. Again I think that anything that swimms and will try to eat you will qualify for the term swimming sharptooth (but an interesting question is how amphibic sharpteeth (Dill for example) might be referred to).

A tinysaurus is definitely not a synonyme for Sauropod. If that was the case Apatosaurus, Diploducus, Brachiosaurus and all longnecks would be Tinysaurs as well.

A longneck however probably refers to all sauropods, no matter their size.

There is one entry I don't understand:
Splasher Swimmer :Marco Polo (game)
What does Marco Polo refer to in this case? Is the term from a TV episode?

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
JEEZ  :rolleyes:  Yeah ok you got a point Malte it's just very technical for me. The Splasher/ swimmer is a game they play in one of the episodes. It's their version of Marco Polo. Yeah i have trouble making my points clear enough.  <_<

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Please don't get me wrong.
I really don't mean to talk down your awesome work. Your's is one of the best private land before time webpages I have ever seen. :yes
I hope for all this to be understood as constructive criticism to make the awesome even awesomer (as Petrie might say :lol).

As for Marco Polo I found the answer at Wikipedia. I didn't know there was a game called Marco Polo. I only knew the Venician explorer ;)

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I've added high quality screencaps from series episodes 1 & 2 to the gallery page. follow the link to 4shared and the images from each episode have been put in seperate Zip folders. I was too busy to upload them image by image.

http://www.freewebs.com/thelandbeforetime0...magegallery.htm

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If Dill is the crocodillian from movie 4 I think, isn't she a belly dragger I think they used the term somewhere.  Or she may be just called a sharp tooth.  I Agree they could come up with separate terms for things then the very generic terms they use, but maybe they see no need to do so.

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Nov 9 2007 on  06:14 PM
If Dill is the crocodillian from movie 4 I think, isn't she a belly dragger I think they used the term somewhere.  Or she may be just called a sharp tooth.  I Agree they could come up with separate terms for things then the very generic terms they use, but maybe they see no need to do so.
the world of land before time can be hard to understand sometimes.  :blink:

I've added good MP3s of Talking big, Mr Fignose adventuring, Oops eeps and good time good friends - cavern of shiny stones to the MP3s page. enjoy :)
www.freewebs.com/thelandbeforetime01