The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flash Video Problem in Firefox

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm about to leave for work, but I wanted to get up a little question.  I've been having this problem for the past few days.  For one reason or another, whenever I try to play a Flash Video (ie YouTube, Dailymotion and various other sites.) it doesn't load.  It only seems to load when I move the time bar a few seconds.  After that, it takes a while to load, so I have to pause the video.

What's worse, is that if I try to go back while it's busy buffering, Firefox suddenly crashes and I have to start over.

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?  If it's just me, how in the world do I fix it, because Firefox (Safe Mode) didn't help much either. :(

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't have this problem with Firefox, no. I've had something like that before but I know that was because I was loading a video and doing something else RAM consuming at the same time :p

That you have to pause the video might just be the streaming quality of the website or the speed you can download with...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
could it be the version of flash that you have?  or some other software conflict?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I have a similar issue but it only applies to youtube.  Server seems to time out on click every now and then.  Tell the page to stop loading, wait about five seconds and do a double click on a youtube link.  Usually it will load then.  I don't know why it does this, but that's how I fix it.