The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dragon heart

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is there anyone here who has seen Dragon Heart and Dragon Heart: A new beginning???
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I sure did :)
I got the DvD and the soundtrack (which by the way was reused in other movies).

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Did I see it? Once upon a time I was posting on forum, where most of its members saw those movies and so did I. You can't be fan of dragons and don't know Dragon heart. ;)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You can't be fan of dragons and don't know Dragon heart. 

How true. This movie is probably the whole reason why I became such a huge dragon fan. The first movie was great, but the sequel is just horrible IMO.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The one with Sean Connery as Draco is far better than the sequel I agree Drake
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Of course I have seen it, at one time it was one of my favourite movies.  

Although I have to say that whilst I have both of the movies on a special two in one video special edition, my favourite of the two films is the original movie: Dragon Heart.  Sean Connery was an excellent Draco and have you noticed that there are two actors who later on went on to appear in Harry Potter together?  Do you know who?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I've only seen it once. I'm not too fond of this movie, to be honest.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
dragon heart: a new beginning was sort of funny in some cases like

*him trying to breath fire but farts
*hocks a lugy on the monk
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Saft,Apr 17 2009 on  03:44 PM
Of course I have seen it, at one time it was one of my favourite movies. 

Although I have to say that whilst I have both of the movies on a special two in one video special edition, my favourite of the two films is the original movie: Dragon Heart.  Sean Connery was an excellent Draco and have you noticed that there are two actors who later on went on to appear in Harry Potter together?  Do you know who?
Jason Isaacs, am i right? and his sons name (In Harry Potter) is Draco!

Love the movies, Love Dragons. But the first movie is so sad though! :( The second one, not as good as the first but i still love it :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yep Isaacs was in Dragonheart. I can't think of the other peron though..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You both are correct regarding Jason Isaacs but also there is the man who plays Remus Lupin as the antagnoist youg King.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I haven't posted here in a while.

Dude, Draco was the best part of this movie. He kicked butt big time! And he was voiced by Sean Connery. SEAN CONNERY GUYS!!!!!
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It had a good story/concept but the animation was low budget and cheesy.  I had a hard time getting into it.  And the acting was sub par compared to really good movies.  I would have much preferred to read it as a book than watch the movie.

Ghostfishe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I loved the first movie... up until the scene at the very end, when they decided to completely defy basic astronomy. :blink: I don't even know why they decided to go that way with it but OK. I prefer to just forget that scene, and remember how much I liked the rest of it.  ;)

I tried to like the second movie, but it just didn't do much for me. I wanted it to be good, but I felt like it didn't even come close to the quality of the original.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Yeah, I loved Dragon Heart but it's been a while since I've seen it. At the end, does Draco die? I remember feeling really depressed at the end but I can't remember why. Going to try and hunt this film down again, now :)

I've never seen the sequel, but since the majority of people here didn't like it, I'll probably give it a miss.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Yes, Draco dies, but since he was a good dragon he was transformed into the constellation of Draco.

I saw the movie. It was good, but I didn't find anything to be especially memorable about it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
YES! I love this movie! I cry at the end. I really do. Draco is such a lovable character and the "heart" and soul of this movie, along with Bowen. I just love this movie.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf