The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Swyder Tails

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
The Swyder Tails

On my friends' request to put my fanfics here... Hehehe... Hope you enjoy my third fanfic guys!
This is a collection of Swimmer, Flyer and Glider short stories.
When I mean Swyder, I mean not only Petrie, Guido and Ducky, but also the others out there, like Pterano. Spiketails will also be featured. I will also use some of my made-up characters.

I will update every week, if I'm not bitten by laziness. Hopefully I will make a collection of 10-15 stories. Please tell me what you think and give comments/suggestions/storyline ideas (I'm bound to run out soon...) Hope you enjoy!

EDIT: I forgot to do the disclaimer! Oops. I don't own LBT.

Swyder Tail #1: What is a Family ? 6th Year Anniversary.

Note: The gang grows 1.5 times faster than a regular human.

Have you ever noticed that 6 is a strange number in LBT?
There is a 6 year gap between the original LBT and the sequels.
6 is the middle number of the sequels, not including the first.
When Pterano's banishment ends, I estimate the gang will celebrate a 6th year anniversary. Littlefoot's family is composed of six longnecks, Shorty included.
There are also 6 named members of the threehorn family. Strange, huh?

So, I decided to make a fanfic about the gang, on the 24th year of the original LBT, which, by the way, is divisible by 6. Happy 6-ing, and I hope you enjoy my story.

It's been almost six years since the gang of 5 first met. They have grown to be fine adolescents (16 yrs. old in my conversion), and have learned quite a lot about the world. An age where MOST good things happen. The word most is important to remember.

True, this is a time to enjoy the last bits of childhood before entering the real world, and a time where you meet more new friends, and the time for love to blossom. However, with all the joy at this stage, there always is a sad experience.

The passing of a loved one.

The gang was not an exception of this loss, for that is how the circle of life goes.
Grandpa and Grandma longneck were long gone, and Bron was not heard of.
Topps was getting old, and could barely survive without the care of his daughters.
Tria held the same fate. Tricia was now old enough to understand how the world works, and she knew what to expect.

Mama Flyer was still alive, but she could not see clearly and could not fly for more than an hour. She was still waiting for Pterano's return, assuming he was strong enough to make it, which was highly likely, for Pterano was quite healthy in his day.

As for Mama Swimmer, well, Ducky was still grieving from her recent departure, needing her friends' comfort more than ever. Littlefoot understood her best, for Cera, Spike and Petrie barely knew about their parents, so they didn't really understand the feeling. Littlefoot's Grandparents passed away only recently, therefore, feelings of depression still lingered in him.

Ducky was walking around in circles by the Sheltering Grass, tears occasionally rolling down her cheeks. She had grown much taller, and more mature, I might add. Her colors hadn't changed, and she still had her childhood phase.
Near her, Spike sat under a tree, staring at the water of a nearby lake, as if reflecting on his life. He had grown as well. His spikes were almost fully grown, and his plates were showing. He used to be much bigger than Ducky, but his sister was now catching up.

Just then, Petrie flew up towards them, looking happy. He had grown a lot, too. Many say he's a mini-Pterano.

"Guess what?" he told both of them.
Ducky walked up.
"What?" she asked, trying to keep a calm voice as she talked.

"Uncle Pterano gonna come back soon! Me hear it from other flyers!" Petrie grinned. He still held on to his childhood grammar.
Ducky gave a melancholy smile.
"That's...nice, Petrie..." she managed to say.

Petrie's grin quickly faded. He knew he had said the wrong thing.
"M-me sorry..." he said hastily, not knowing what to say.
Ducky sighed. "It is okay...yep, yep, yep... Family IS an important thing in our lives, after a-..."
She didn't manage to finish the sentence as tears fell down on the grass.
She covered her eyes and looked down.

Now Petrie felt REALLY guilty. But, as if she read his mind, Ducky, still staring down on the grass, said, "It is not your fault... just...getting emotional." She let out another sob.

Spike came over, hearing each word of their conversation. He could talk, but he preferred not to, and he only talked to his close friends. Recently, the 3 of them had gotten closer than usual.
"Good days come and go," he said sadly, looking Petrie straight in the eye.

Petrie nodded. He really wanted to cheer them up, but he didn't know how.
"Uh, me just...get the gang, ok?" he told them.

The two nodded. Spike went back to his spot and continued looking at the water. Ducky joined him this time, though. She had something on her mind, but she decided to wait for the gang.

Suddenly, she saw 6 bright stars in the sky, as well as the ghostly spirit of Mama Swimmer.
"Spike, look!" she exclaimed as she pointed at the sky.
"Mama?" Spike asked softly. The stars twinkled, as if to say, "Yes".
Then a voice rang in Ducky's head. The voice of her mother.

"You are not alone, my dear Kyah. (Kyah is Ducky's real name) You still have a very, very big family out there. Just let your heart find it for you. And whenever you feel there's no one by you, look into yourself. Your loved ones are IN you, Kyah. You just have to find it."

Then the voice was gone, and so was the ghost of Ducky and Spike's mother, leaving the two of them alone once again.

"Family..." Ducky said to herself.
She had a feeling she understood what her mother was trying to tell her.
She saw her friends in the distance. She went over to them, feeling a bit sad, but hopeful too.

"Is there something wrong?" Littlefoot asked.
Ducky shook her head.
"Nothing...", but then the words came out of her mouth without her meaning to.
"Thanks...for being part of MY family."

"HUH?" the gang said in unison.
"Well, I have always known that a family is a group of people you love..." Ducky explained softly. The gang exchanged looks and nodded.
"We have always been helping each other, and being together... for the past 6 years."

"6 YEARS! Already!!!" Cera yelled.
Ducky nodded, rubbing her ears. "I have been counting."

"Gosh, 6 years already." Littlefoot commented.
"Yeah," Petrie agreed. "We never part with family 'cause family right here."
"A family, more than being friends. A family, where the loving never ends." Cera added.

"As much as we miss our loved ones, we must remember that the circle of life goes on, and we must live each day of it." Ducky finished, feeling that a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

And at that moment, they knew a real family never splits apart, for somewhere deep inside your dreams, they dwell inside your heart. A family is not just your relatives they say, but also those you count on, who make you smile day by day.

That concludes Swyder Tail # 1.

Extra: A preview of Swyder Tail #2: A Forgotten Past...

A long time ago, before the gang was born, the earth had many beautiful places other than the Great Valley. An example of one of these places was Alder Vyette, or Height Dwellings, where most flyers and gliders lived.

Somewhere in Alder Vyette, in a nest surrounded by tall grass, a blue female glider was watching over an egg. She looked quite happy, as if she knew the hatchling would be a joy to see, but sad as well, as if she had to do something she would regret for the rest of her life.

Just then, a green male glider appeared out from the grass and sat next to the female glider. "Is it about to hatch?" He asked, with the same expression as the female. "Yes, I think so..." she replied.
Then she let her feelings out without meaning to. "Can't we keep him with us? We'll let him find it out on his o-" "No," The male replied firmly. "This is what's best for him, and all the gliders out there. He'll know the truth when he's older." "I guess that is true. Our past is best left alone," the female agreed.

Just then, there was a cracking sound. The egg was hatching! A baby teal glider popped out of the egg, looking at the world for the first time. The female glider smiled and picked the little hatchling up. The baby glider licked his mother, as tears fell out of her eyes. The male glider looked happy as well. He looked at his mate. "Why don't we name him..."

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Swyder Tail #2 : A Forgotten Past

Have you ever wondered why Guido barely remembers anything from his past?
Well, there's a reason behind it.

You see, in the early days, many gliders were executed without reason because of something most don't know about.
In fact, they barely know anything about the glider race!

Execution doesn't happen anymore, but the traumatizing memory still haunts gliders all over the earth at the adult stage.
Glider hatchlings are immune to this, but, in fear that they may overhear their parents talking about the past, all hatchlings are to be abandoned. Guido was no exception. This is a story of his past... A forgotten past.

A long time ago, before the gang was born, the earth had many beautiful places other than the Great Valley.
One of these places was Alder Vyette, or Height Dwellings, where most flyers and gliders lived.

Somewhere in Alder Vyette, in a nest surrounded by tall grass, a blue female glider was watching over an egg.
She looked quite happy, as if she knew the hatchling would be a joy to see, but sad as well, as if she had to do something she would regret for the rest of her life.

Just then, a green male glider appeared out from the grass and sat next to the female glider.
"Is it about to hatch?" he asked, with the same expression as the female.
"Yes, I think so..." she replied.
Then she let her feelings out without meaning to. "Can't we keep him with us? We'll let him find it out on his o-"
"No," the male replied firmly.
"This is what's best for him, and all the gliders out there. He'll know the truth when he's older."
"I guess that is true. Our past is best left alone," the female agreed.

Just then, there was a cracking sound. The egg was hatching!
A baby teal glider popped out of the egg, looking at the world for the first time.
The female glider smiled and picked the little hatchling up. The baby glider licked his mother, as tears fell out of her eyes.
The male glider looked happy as well. He looked at his mate. "Why don't we name him..."

"Guido?" The female glider asked.
The male smiled. "Works for me."

After a few moments of silence, the female glider spoke up.
"What do we do with him? I... I don't have the heart to leave him to the world... all alone..."
"I know," the male sighed. He thought for a moment. "But I think I have an idea..."

<Scene Changes>

The female glider was now talking to a Rinkus-like flyer.
The female flyer, golden brown in color, with jet black eyes, nodded occasionally while listening intently.
She was called Vinetail, for her tail was long and thin, much like a vine.

"Well, I would like to keep him, Mrs. Glider," Vinetail told her. "But I have to ask my bro first."
The female glider nodded. "Try to ask Rampho, okay? Try to...convince him. Knowing you, that won't be hard."
Vinetail nodded and grinned.

Vinetail flew to her "temporary" nest, to see an adult spring green male longtail taking care of 5 hatchlings, all of them pink.
Vinetail knew it was her chance to twist her brother just the way she wanted.
She smirked as a hatchling bit her brother's finger.
"Down, Rinkus!" he muttered.

"Hello, brother dear," Vinetail said sarcastically with a forced smile. She loved her brother, but they had a... A strained relationship.
"What do you want?! Can't you see I'm busy here?" Rampho asked.

"Well, I'm here to tell you I'm lifting a burden off your shoulders." Vinetail chuckled.
"How?" Rampho asked.
"I'm leaving." Vinetail answered calmly.
Rampho stared at her for a while. "Ummm..."

"You said the kids were hard enough to handle,". Vinetail insisted. "And your sissy can take on the world by herself. Why won't you let me go free, eh?"
Rampho looked at her funny, but he finally answered, "Yeah, Whatever."

Vinetail quickly left the nest. She picked up her new son, and smiled. "Guido, huh?"
The hatchling was shivering in fear, but calmed down a bit as she stroked him.
Vinetail sighed. She was the daredevil type of flyer, so she had high expectations when in came to bravery.
"Bit of a scaredy-egg, but no matter."
Guido smiled and hugged her.
Vinetail giggled. She looked fondly on the glider that she would soon call her son.

<Scene Changes>

"Mom, where are we going?" Guido asked. He had grown a bit older.
"Oh, just over those mountains." Vinetail answered.
"Brrr... those rocks up there look scary..." Guido commented. "What if they fall on us?"
"Aw, don't be such a scaredy egg," Vinetail grinned. "We'll be fine."
"Okay..." Guido muttered. He looked at Vinetail, and her smile gave her a little courage. "Let's go."

As the two of them flew through the mountains, Vinetail heard a rumble in the distance.
"A rockslide?" She thought. She decided to ignore it.
THAT was a big mistake.

Right on cue, a rock slide occurred, and Vinetail and Guido were in its path. They were flying frantically, trying not to get hit.
A particularly large rock was about to fall on Guido when...
"GO!" Vinetail yelled, pushing him to safety.

Then everything went black.

"Ughhhhh..." The young glider stirred. He woke up.
"Who... What... Where...?" He didn't know where he was, who he was, and what he was.
Nothing from is past was left. All was forgotten, except for the haunting memory that would arrive in his adulthood.
He didn't even know he could fly.

As he walked, he saw a dying female flyer.
He went close to her, then suddenly, she pulled him in without warning and whispered, "Guido, You must find your way through life... Complete the Circle... Alone..."
The flyer then stopped moving. She had her last breath, and all was quiet.
Guido was left alone with a flyer who he didn't know had saved his life. Who he didn't know took care of him.
All the love showered on him.... Gone.

After that, the glider's life turned in a sad direction. He was teased, laughed at, called a called a flower, and more, simply because he looked different.
Nobody there to guide him, and no will to live except a whisper in his heart to go on. The flyer's words echoed inside him, forever imprinted in his mind.

No family, no herd, no one there, the last of his kind, or so he thought. A hard life, and a scarred future, lying ahead.

"Flower Flyer!"
"Where's your family, ORPHAN?!"
"What in the world ARE you?!"

Being the only one, a different one, was hard in a world like this.
In a world where the evil outnumber the good.

"I'm here for you, no matter how hard it is... Keep going, as it is your destiny."

The end of Swyder Tail# 2.

Preview of Swyder Tail# 3: Reason behind the Phobia.

I watched in horror as his wings caught fire while flying through the sky puffies, the heavy skywater landed on our backs like stinging buzzers. I held closed to my mother, hoping that he would be okay.

I was wrong.
"NO!" Me and my mother screamed. He had been such a big part of our family, always there for us. To watch him go...

I didn't know this would lead to my Pteromerhanophobia, or fear of flying. As I rode on my mother's back, a big drop of skywater hit the ground. Not knowing how to fly, I froze in fear. I was falling, and no one could save me. No one.

Falling helplessly, I landed on a bush. I waited. No one was there. No one came to help me. I couldn't fly back home. Nature had me cornered. I kept trying to fly, but something inside made me stop at the last minute and I ended up falling.

Every time I tried to fly, I would remember that day, and the next thing I'd know is that I hit my head and went unconscious for a while. My heart wanted to fly, but my mind held me back. All of my failures in flying badly damaged my mind, and after a little while, my manner of speaking changed, and it would worsen after a couple of years.

Please tell me what you think, and I hope you enjoyed #2.
Hmmm... I wonder who's the HE Petrie's talking about. Yes, First Ducky, then Guido, and now Petrie.

P.S.
Can anyone please tell me where I can post non-fanfiction stories? Thanks.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Note: I will skip this week because I'm busy with something else. Thanks.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Can anyone please tell me what they think? I would really want to know.  :)

Anyway... My thoughts on the story.

I don't know why I'm writing all this stuff all of a sudden. I mean, I like writing these kinds of stories, but making longer stories, with magic, seems more fun. Anyways, this just clears up stuff and will help you better understand my stories.

I'm also sorry if I'm kinda slow, since I really need to focus on school these days. I promise 2 stories this week, one as a tribute to a few upcoming birthdays of my friends.

So... My upcoming stories will be like this:
#3: Reason why Petrie couldn't fly at the start of I.
#4: Really strange story, but will be fun to write.
#5: A bit of a Valentines Day story, featuring my characters. Willmae's personality will be similar to mine.
#6: One generation back, where Ducky's & Petrie's mom will be seen in.

No plans after that.

Also, I would like you to know that these stories happen at different timelines.
#1: 10 years old (Ducky)
#2: part 2: 4 years old (Guido)
#3: 4 years old (Petrie)
#4: 5 years old (Ducky) and 6 years old (Yria)
#5: 8 years old (me!)

So, tell me what you think PLEEEEZ. I'm really curious. And please tell me what you think about an LBT fanfic involving magic. (not much, but still) :smile  :lol

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Okay... Before anything, I would like to apologize. these two stories aren't as good as the previous two, since I was kinda busy reading this weekend. I have also been doing other stuff, so yeah. Not much time to do these stories. I would also like to apologize for Yria's grammar, and the number of mysteries in the stories. They will be answered later. Any who, enjoy! And Please review. I'd really like to improve on my writing. Thanks.

~Dr. C.   :)

Swyder Tail #3: Reason Behind the Phobia

Petrie's eyes...
I watched in horror as his wings caught fire while flying through the sky puffies, the heavy skywater landed on our backs like stinging buzzers. I held closed to my mother, hoping that he would be okay.

I was wrong.
"NO!" Me and my mother screamed.
He had been such a big part of our family, always there for us.
To watch him go...

I didn't know this would lead to my Pteromerhanophobia, or fear of flying.
As I rode on my mother's back, a big drop of skywater hit the ground.
Not knowing how to fly, I froze in fear. I was falling, and no one could save me.
No one.

Falling helplessly, I landed on a bush.
I waited.
No one was there. No one came to help me. I couldn't fly back home. Nature had me cornered.
I kept trying to fly, but something inside made me stop at the last minute and I ended up falling.

Every time I tried to fly, I would remember that day, and the next thing I'd know is that I hit my head and went unconscious for a while.
My heart wanted to fly, but my mind held me back.
All of my failures in flying badly damaged my mind, and after a little while, my manner of speaking changed, and it would worsen after a couple of years.

Another try, another failure.

"Uhhh..." I thought. Morning already. That last bump sure did wonders to me.
I counted the hours. "Out cold for what, 18 hours?"
I looked around. I had given up all hope of being rescued by my family.

"Why we had to go to Great Valley? Why we couldn't stay in Height Dwellings?!"
Now I was not only feeling dizzy, but depressed and mad as well.

"Maybe I better off this way," I thought.
"After all, no one like me 'cept momma, and Uncle Pterano, because dad's gone, and maybe Yria. All other siblings do is laugh at me because I can't fly yet."

FLASHBACK...
I was sitting in my nest, watching rain fall in HD. Momma was looking for some food for us.
Green food.
Yuck.
I had nothing against berries and tree sweets, but green food? I stuck my tongue out thinking about it.
My siblings were probably outside, playing with dad and Uncle Pterano.

Uncle Pterano. The one I was named after. Pterano, Terran. Not much of a difference. Yeah, that's my real name. Just that my family never used it since we moved out of HD.

Suddenly, one of my sisters, namely Yria, flew into the nest.
"C'mon Terran! Play with us! Unless yer scared 'a storms." she said with her unusual accent.
"I am NOT scared of storms. I just hate my wings getting wet."
Yria rolled her eyes. "Wazzumatter, scaredy-egg? Ya 'fraid ya'll fall 'cuz ya don' know how ta fly?" She grinned.
"Yeah right," I muttered.

Deep down, I knew Yria cared for me. It was just that she didn't want her other siblings to know that. She technically just showed her affection through words that are a bit insulting.
Still, she was a lot better than some of my other siblings. Except with Yria, I never felt any, not even the slightest warmth with my siblings.

How, I wondered did my parents, so loving and kind, produce these little... yes, I admit it, brats.

Suddenly, I tripped on a stick in the nest. I was flung out of the entrance, and since I couldn't fly yet, I fell downwards, and into a mud puddle created by the steady rain.

SPLASH!!!

I weakly got up to my feet, only to hear my siblings laughing like mad.
I clenched my fist. Then the words came out of my mouth without them meaning to.
"SO WHAT IF YOU'RE OLDER THAN ME?! DOES THAT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO DO THAT?! YOU ACT LIKE I'M A... A FALLER! LIKE A FAILURE! AM I PART OF THIS FAMILY OR NOT?!"

For a while there was a silence. Then Don, my eldest brother, walked up.
"Fine, Terran. If you're so good, let's see you fly."

By this time, Uncle Pterano was getting annoyed. "Enough! Break it up!"
Momma walked up next to him, with a sad look on her face.
Dad sighed, and said, "Everyone, except Yria, go back in. Come on." "
Daaaaaad!..." I heard my siblings groan, as one by one, they headed back into the nest.
The last sister to fly in, whom I didn't recognize since the rain was getting harder, stuck her tongue out at me.
I hmmphed.

Momma then looked me straight in the eye.
"Look, Terran dear, I'm getting worried... are you okay, about your family?" I shrugged.
Yria sighed, then said, "Look, I know it's kinda hard on ya, and I know some o' the flyers your age can' fly yet, but ya gotta try ta learn if ya wanna stop bein' laughed at...

BACK TO THE PRESENT...
"Yeah, I'm probably better off alone."

MEANWHILE...
Tiana (aka Petrie's mom) looked out of the "temporary" nest and sighed. She turned to her brother.
"Do you think we'll see him again?" She asked.

Note: This was before The flyers met up with the big herd. And Pterano wasn't...like he is now, but still a bit of a narcissist. Hehe...

BACK TO THE STORY...
"Hope so," Was all he could answer.
Tiana looked out. It was raining, just like the day in Petrie's flashback.
And also like the day...

FLASHBACK... AGAIN...
It was a cold, rainy night in HD, but nothing like what the residents of Crystal Lake were experiencing, which was where Tiana's friend Alona (aka Ducky's mom) lived.
Tiana had heard about Alona's hatchlings, who first saw the world a few weeks ago. They were around the age of her own children... except one.

One egg was particularly late, and should have hatched along with the rest.
Tiana was now worried about the egg, and she didn't know what to do. That was... until she heard a crack.

She whirled around, checking if her egg was alright. Her suspicions were confirmed.
The egg had a large crack, and more were starting to appear. Tiana gasped.

She poked her head out of the entrance, and yelled, "It's hatching!"
3 seconds later, she heard two pairs of wings beside her.
One had a wingful of little flyers, sleeping peacefully, and one looked like...well... some regular flyer, yet extraordinary at the same time.
They watched the egg as more cracks appeared, until a little foot came out of the egg.

Slowly, the egg broke open, revealing a little flyer inside.
Tiana smiled as she looked at the little flyer. Then she looked at her brother.
She, just then, realized something.
This little flyer represented his uncle's features so much, he looked like a miniature version of him, only brown.
She suddenly knew what to call him.

That night, Tiana had a hard time sleeping.
Pterano, and her children were doing fine, but she couldn't shake the thought off her head.
After all, her mate died, her son was missing, couldn't the world show pity on her for once?
How she wished she was with Alona, someone who could actually comfort her. She sighed, listening to the rain pour.

MEANWHILE...
Petrie's eyes again...
"I can't sleep! It so wet!" I thought.
How I wish I was with mama, even if that meant staying with my brothers and sisters.
Maybe being alone wasn't so good after all.
The tree I was in wasn't much of a shelter. Besides, since I didn't know how to fly, it would be difficult to look cave or something.
"Oh well, I try. I find way somehow."

THE NEXT DAY...

I yawned.
"Aaah..." I thought.
The sun was already up. Looks like I managed to sleep after all.
"Wonder what happened last night..."
I looked around. No one.
"Might as well try flying since no one here." I said to myself. I was still up a tree, so I should try gliding down, at least.

THE RESULT...
"Aaaah!!!!!" I yelled. I was falling.

The next thing I knew, I was really dizzy. I looked up and saw a longneck and a swimmer, both my age, yet a bit older.

"What is your name?" the swimmer asked.
"M-my name Petrie." I stammered. Something about this swimmer reminded him of something. I didn't know they would lead me back on track to life, to flying, and to my family.

This story sure left a lot of mysteries, huh? Don't worry, there's a conclusion for this story and a reason why Petrie found Ducky familiar. But I won't be writing that anytime soon. WARNING: More flashbacks in the related stories

No preview for the next story... Sorry. Hehe...

Please R&R... and the other R&R too!

~Dr. C.

Swyder Tail #4: Forgotten Hatchday?

This is a gift to my friends celebrating their birthdays pretty soon, including rali_chopfoot. So I want to wish them all a happy birthday.

There is going to be a lot of weirdness in this story.

As the sun rose above the mountains of the Great Valley, Ducky yawned.
"Today is the day." She thought. "This is going to be so fun!" she giggled.

Ducky walked over to her mother, still giggling.
"Hi momma!" she grinned.
"Great day today, huh?" She said, using the "hint: it's my hatchday/starday" tone.

If you're wondering what the difference between a starday and a hatchday is in my story, it depends on what time of the day you hatched. If it's a hatchday, you hatched during the day. If it's a starday, you hatched at night.

The gang of five all hatched in the day, since Littlefoot's, Cera's, Ducky's and Spike's hatching were shown, and Petrie too because he didn't know what a starday is. It was dark on his hatchday, but only because it was raining. (#3) Chomper hatched during the day, but Ruby's was at nighttime.

BACK TO THE STORY...
"Good Morning, Dear! Yes, it is a great day, very good for a swim. Why don't we do that this afternoon?" Alona, Ducky's mom asked.
Ducky sighed, but didn't seem depressed.
"Um... I am a bit busy today momma. Maybe tomorrow."
"Alright, and don't forget to-" Alona called, but Ducky was already gone.

Ducky then walked over to Spike. She had done this a million times on her momma's request, so she already knew what to do.
"I am very sorry, Spike." she whispered, then she started to climb a nearby tree sweet tree.

Once she reached the top of the tree, she got a tree sweet and threw it down. It landed on Spike's head, waking him up. Ducky then climbed down the tree and faced Spike.

"Morning, Spike! It is a great day today, right?" She grinned.
Spike nodded. He started chewing on a nearby plant, then he smiled at Ducky, showing of his teeth, and the half-chewed plants.
Ducky knew this meant it was a good day to eat.
"Spike, every day is a good day to eat for you!" she said, rolling her eyes.

Seeing that Spike was to preoccupied in eating to listen, she decided to find Petrie.
She sure didn't feel as excited.

A LITTLE LATER...
"Petrie, I think it is a good day today." Ducky pointed out.
Petrie nodded. "Yes! good for flying! Me gonna practice today!"

"Oh..." Ducky sighed.
She then walked away without another word, slouching and looking at the ground.

Petrie turned and flew to his mother.
"So, what you think, momma?"
Tiana smiled and said, "Not bad, you're friend's a good actress."
Petrie nodded. "Me think she be convinced."

(wondering what's going on?)

As Ducky kept bumping into her friends, they kept denying that there was anything special that day. After a little while, she came face to face with Petrie's sister, Yria (#3).

"Hi Yria," Ducky said sadly.
Yria looked puzzled. "Wha'z wrong, 'Ky?" she asked.
Ducky knew Yria didn't know when her hatchday was, so she answered,
"Nobody remembered my special day."

Suddenly, something came out in Yria's mind.
She looked at Ducky's sad face, and decided to think about that later.
"Don' worry so much 'bout those things, 'Ky. They just 'ave more important thin'z on their minds. Ya'll get used ta it."
Then she sighed a bit. "Same thin' happened ta me, ya know."

Ducky didn't say anything.
"Lemme 'splain."

FLASHBACK...
In Height Dwellings...Before Petrie
Yria was walking around, looking a bit sad. She looked around. Everywhere she could see happy flyers. (hardly anything else since it's mainly for flyers & gliders and gliders are pretty rare)

Not her though.

Everyone in HD, except for her family, treated her like she was invisible. In fact, she felt like even her family never noticed her. Her dad, her uncle, and her mother kept watching over the late egg. Her siblings were of no help either. Being the youngest, she got treated poorly. Her way of speaking didn't help, either.

You see, Petrie's whole family, except for her mom and dad, had a weird way of speaking.
For example: Don has an unusually low voice.
Kita has an unusually high voice.
Drifa pronounces th as d.
Flay pronounced s as th.
Vince used old English.
Ilana pronounced ee as ei.
Natter pronounced s as sh.
Eliana uses more and er at the same time.

Even though her siblings had a unique way of speaking, she had to admit, hers was the strangest.

As she walked near her nest, she heard her mother talking to her father and uncle. "I bet he'll be fine," Pterano assured Tiana. "Just relax."

"Yah, jus' relax, an' forget about yer daughter's 'atchday." Yria muttered.

"An' evah since then, mah folks forget 'bout mah 'atchday."
Ducky felt sad for Yria, but didn't say anything. She knew her family cared for her, and she could prove that.
She looked around for a moment, then saw a little cave nearby.
"Hey, Yria. Let us we go in there?" She asked.
"Okay..." Yria said. She still had no idea what was going on.

Once they got there...

"SURPRISE!!!" the gang yelled. Pretty much everyone was there.

(you'd think you'd know what happens next, but the twist will shock you.)

Yria grinned. "See, Ky? Dey didn' forget yer special day?"
Ducky grinned back. "Of course they didn't! My hatchday is still TWO WEEKS FROM NOW.
(note: this is true, because her hatchday is on Feb. 21)

"WHAAAAAAAT?!?!" Yria yelled. "Then whose special day is this?"

Ducky laughed. "Yours, of course! We planned this last week! Petrie said for me to pretend it is my birthday, and that nobody remembers it, so you will feel bad for me and forget it's actually YOUR hatchday! And I hope that my hatchday is just as surprising as yours!"

"Izzat really true?" Yria asked.
Everyone nodded.
Yria sighed.
"Thanks guys. Ya really made mah day today."

Petrie grinned.
"No problem! And me think Ducky right! Today really IS good day!"

And it definitely was.
Yria wasn't forgotten. Ever since Petrie's siblings learned their lesson, the tiny Pteronodons stayed close together. (Will be explained in another story, don't worry)

Sorry if it's kinda short, and a little rushed. Enjoy, and tell me what you think. Bet I tricked you into thinking it was Ducky's hatchday!

Yria: Make mah 'atchday bettah by reviewin'!

Again, no preview.

Tell me if I made any mistakes, Please.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Swyder Tail #5: Appreciation Day Isn't Pointless!

Thus story is being redone, please ignore for now.

P.S. I won't be writing for a while.