The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mine FanArt

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Before I made that post, I saw you voted in only 4 categories (now I see you actually voted in 3), and you need to vote in 6 categories or 5 categories plus  the Appreciated Member category to receive an award. Later you voted in 2 more categories, and today you voted in the Appreciated Member category. You voted in 5 categories plus the Appreciated Member category. You fullfiled your civic "duty" to the GOF, and now you can receive your award after the voting is over.

Congratulations!

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yay^^ that makes me happy.
here's a little something to help me celebrate...

Random Pterano pic in titanium alloy transform mode :blink: :blink:......
lol this is mostly based on the song titanium by David Guetta, and it always reminds me of Pterano whenever I hear it.
*shrugs*
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
:lol

Nice association! Some songs remind me of Pterano too, which others would have a hard time linking to him.

How long did it take you to draw this?

The shading on the hands and legs looks very nice. I also like the way you drew his neck hair. His expression and posture fits a guy who is aware of his invulnerability.  :D The expression on his face seems a bit ambiguous, though. I can't decide whether he's sad or angry. You also forgot to put some shading on the neck. The wings also need more detailed shading and anatomy. Judging by your previous work, I'm sure you can do that if you want and have the time.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Just keeps getting better and better. Well done Strut! :DD

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The expression on his face seems a bit ambiguous, though. I can't decide whether he's sad or angry.

Well, I would say he looks more sad than angry. That was the original expression I was going for, but at the same time, I guess it works if he's expressionless... for some reason, one which I can't decide on, right now^^

The wings also need more detailed shading and anatomy.
How so? I meant for him to be, well, a metal alloy flyer. Almost like a robot, but with a sleeker design, etc.
J. R. R. Tolkein

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^You're right. By the time I wrote the end of that post, I forgot he was supposed to be made of metal. :slap

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Lol, no worries^^ hindsight is 20/20 :lol
J. R. R. Tolkein

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ugh, I feel so mad at myself for being so neglectful of things here! I've even left off my fanfic, an action that deserves a huge sad face :cry  :cry
Anyway, here are some arts which I hope will help. This be my OC Dante,

More info of him on Character Sheets here on this forum.
D'aww, I love this guy and feel so bad for him, too. He's had such a hard life recently :(
Also, slight change: his age is 31, not 21 :p
J. R. R. Tolkein

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I like how you drew his right arm; I mean the rest of him is drawn great too, but the way that hand is held is awesome!  :smile

Poor guy, he really looks distrustful after what he's been through.  :cry

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Oii Vey :DD I don't even know anymore...

MISTAH THREEHORN ABOUT TA IMPALE YA, PTERANO, IF YA DON'T GET MOVIN'!!

I had fun with this one, the perspective worked out well, I think, and I love ANGRY FACE THREEHORN in the bg  :lol
J. R. R. Tolkein

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Every time I see the title of this topic, "Mine FanArt", I keep misreading it as "Minecraft Art". I have no idea how I keep misreading it.

Nice artwork, by the way.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe I should put in some Minecraft fanart then^^
...what is minecraft?
J. R. R. Tolkein

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Whoa, that's cool^^ I'm not much a gamer, but I like to watch video games
Also, I doodled another Pterano with a local artist's OC. Meet Elana, Pterano's potential mate in a fanfic whose name I either forget, or don't know altogether :rolleyes: I'm vague and confusing that way :p

Done in GIMP 2.8, and WOW!!! the bg finally came out good!! :o
the title of this on dA is called Don't You Worry, Child, from Swedish House Mafia's new single ;) love dat song.

Anywhos, enjoy^^
J. R. R. Tolkein

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Whooo, this guy be scary, no? O_o

Meet my concept of TFM's charrie Zaine...
on a side note, I just want to giggle madly :lol this was a lot of fun to do as I don't normally do villains...

So yeah, Zaine, ev'rybody!  :DD
J. R. R. Tolkein

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

This is completely off the subject of LBT, but I am also quite an enthusiastic Dinotopia fan (fantastastrophy?) and posted this on my dA page after I rented the Dinotopia TV Series (for the third time in the past two years XDD)

The dinosaurs are both Stenosauruses, possibly a derivative of Stenonychosauruses; the green one is from the miniseries and TV series - he is Professor Zippo, head of the Ancient Library of Waterfall City, and the russety one is a potential (?) love interest for him who appears in one (only one?!) episode of the TV Series, named Yarra.

The lyrics are to One Republic's Feel Again

Also this... because... I needed a Ponysona :p
J. R. R. Tolkein

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Jared comish'd I do this for Valentine's day. Him as an LBT pteranodon and Artie from Flyers of the Mysterious Beyond.

Enjoy
J. R. R. Tolkein

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
YOU DID IT!  :D :D :D Thank you VERY VERY MUCH, STRUT!  :oops  :oops  :wub :wub :wub   I LOVE IT! :D hee hee hee ^_^    (I look similar to Pterano, except..

I see that my crest is more straight, his curves upward slightly, I do look younger, pterano's face looks more middle aged/older. My neck ring here is green, his is yellow, and my eyes are blue, he doesn't have an eye color, just white with black pupils. ;) Hopefully noone will confuse me for Pterano in this wonderful drawing. ;) I notice the differences betweeen my appearance and Pterano's and telling them apart. Don't worry, Struteggstealer. I personally can tell the difference. He and I of course would have two completely different personalities.)  I also love what you had me say in the drawing for my line.

Jared: "Lemme kiss you!" :wub ^_^ ^_^ :wub  heh heh! great line for me.

:D hee hee.  We're touching each other's claws and arms..

My eyes are really blue, too.  (my mouth is so sore from smiling so hard at this picture! ^_^ hee hee  And my cheeks have turned a blushing red.)     :oops :oops.

The Valentine's picture is SO SWEET! AWWHHHHH ^_^ THANK YOU SO MUCH! I didn't expect the size of the picture to be this large.  AWESOME JOB, STRUT! :D  I love the detail, lighting, and shadowing detail, too. Great work and effort on that.

AWWH hee hee.  <3  <3   I'm so nice and loving towards Artie. My colors seem a little pterano-ish, but I know that it's me. I have my blue eyes here! ^_^ It's very very sweet.  ^_^  Thank you for drawing it for me, Struteggstealer! :D I truly thank you.

Hee hee.   Jared and Artie. <3 hee hee.  Artie and I look so nice and sweet.  She certainly looks like a very smart and sweet pteranodon. ^_^ :oops.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
cool, very romantic picture :smile
I like it!
Inactive, probably forever.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, thanks for the enthusiastic reply, Jared :D

I look similar to Pterano, except..

I see that my crest is more straight, his curves upward slightly, I do look younger, pterano's face looks more middle aged/older. My neck ring here is green, his is yellow, and my eyes are blue, he doesn't have an eye color, just white with black pupils

I thought that as well, but I'm glad you can see the difference.

cool, very romantic picture

Thank you, Ducky
J. R. R. Tolkein