The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Mysterious World

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Here is my fanfic that I have been working on for a while now. it still not completed but I thought I will give everyone a taste of what I been working on.

-Threehorn

----------------------------------------------

Prologue

In the darkness of space, millions of lights twinkle. Their light brings life to the dark skies. One of the specks of light is a blue, wet, world with the land around the water constantly shifting and moving.  Mighty earthquakes shook the earth in the time of the dinosaursóbefore the humans, the birds, the tigers, and even mammoths.

Many of the dinosaurs found it tough to survive.  Routes that once existed had disappeared and many of the migrating dinosaurs found it difficult to find their way to their home to a land of green trees, fresh water, peace and prosperity for allóthe Great Valley.

There is a story that is told to many creatures where time seems endless and where a world in a world watches over the Earth. The story of this place has been told a thousand times over.  It is a mysterious world; no one has ever seen or heard its whispers…but if you listen you may have the opportunity to hear it.

(Arvens helped edit this part)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chapter 1: Night Fire

The Great Valley usually would have been sleeping at this time, after the Great Circle had set and the night circle was high in the sky. This night was different then any other and this was because of the sky was lit with flying rocks, burning giving a show none of the Great Valley dinosaurs have ever seen without the fear of one crashing on the ground.

Littlefoot sat calmly by the large Longnecks, which were his Grandma and Grandpa, watching the flying rocks burn to nothing in the sky. “Wow tonight looks cool Grandpa, Grandma,” Littlefoot stared at the sky with a happy smile.
“Indeed it is Littlefoot. Indeed it is,” Grandpa replied broadly as he watched the flying rocks streak across the night sky.
“After the flying rocks stop it will be time for your sleep little one,” Grandma said with a smile as they continued to watch the show that the burning rocks gave.

In the other part of the Great Valley, Cera and her dad watched the rocks falling from the sky.
“Daddy, how many have you seen?” Cera asked trying to keep count of each one appearing in the sky.
“Cera that a child game counting falling rocks. I am not a child!” Cera’s Dad grunted not liking the idea of counting stupid falling rocks at all.
“Come on Daddy. No one around to see you do it and I promise I will not tell anyone,” Cera said trying to get her dad to join in counting the rocks.
“Oh… oh alright… and you better not tell anyone this,” Cera’s dad looked at Cera with a hard look.
“Right Daddy,” Cera said nervously and looked back at the sky with her dad who joined in the counting of the rocks falling. She also made sure no one else was watching either.

With Ducky and Spike, they watched the flying rocks from the Tall Trees after a little begging to their mum. Both sat there not saying much, watching the rocks die out in the sky.
“Wow Spike! The sky looks all fire tonight!” Ducky said with a heart-warming smile.
“Hey Ducky, hey Spike. Mama let me come to Tall Trees after seeing you two,” Petrie said flying up to them and landing on a fallen tree which been down for quite some time.
Spike nods with his usual sounds as he carried on staring at the night sky. “Hi Petrie, the sky full of flying rocks tonight. Yep, yep, yep!” Ducky spoke out looking at Petrie then looking at the sky.
“Me never seen so many flying rocks in me whole life!” Petrie said staring at the night sky. His sight quickly changed when the ground started to shake.
“EARTHSHAKE!” Ducky screamed as she and Spike ran to their nest and Petrie, doing the same, headed for his nest.

“Grandpa look!!!” Littlefoot cried out staring at the sky in fear. Grandpa looked in the direction Littlefoot was looking in.
“Oh my! That is large!” Grandma spoke in fear, seeing a large flying rock shoot over them across the sky. Littlefoot hid under his grandparents feeling scared as the ground shook and the burning noise of the large rock could be heard ringing in their ears.

All of a sudden, Littlefoot noticed a small flash before the large flying rock, shooting across the sky at high speed, blew up in a instant. Even without a shockwave from the blast, it just blew up into nothing but dust in the sky.
“That was very strange it just…” Grandpa paused not able to come up with anything about what they just saw happen to the large flying rock.
“Maybe it was only an earthshaker rock that was as harmless as the other rocks in the sky” Grandma suggested staring at the now calm and quiet sky.
“What about that little, bright light on it before blowing up?” Littlefoot piped up.
“What bright, light Littlefoot?” Grandma asked not seeing what he saw before the large flying rock self-destructed.
“Littlefoot, we didn’t see any light come from it,” Grandpa told Littlefoot. Littlefoot sighed and knew no point carrying on talking about what he saw.
“Come on now Littlefoot, it’s time for you to get some sleep,” Grandma said to him sweetly.
“But Grandma… I am not…” Littlefoot yawns, “…sleepy.” Littlefoot finished off the sentence with his grandparents laughing softly. “Ok maybe I am,” Littlefoot gave in and started to walk to his sleeping hole with his grandparents close behind.
“Maybe we should talk to the other adults about this tomorrow,” Grandpa came up with a quick suggestion.
“Yes maybe that is a good idea,” Grandma agreed as they walked on.
Littlefoot settled into his sleeping hole wondering what the bright light that appeared before the large rock blow up in a strange way.

The next day, all the grownups gathered at the meeting grounds by the arched rock. Everyone was talking in a disturbed manner about the large flying rock that just went bang with no after effect.
“Now, now. Can we all calm down?” Grandpa asked the others in a calm voice getting everyone to stop talking all at once.
“How can we be calm?! That large flying rock last night just… well blew out very strangely,” Mr Threehorn said in an unpleased tone.
“At least it didn’t land or we wouldn’t be standing here talking, so we should be glad it did blow up in the sky,” Grandma pointed out to the other adults with all of them nodding in reply.
“I am not sure why but I am glad that my Ducky and Spike can grow up still without fearing another flying rock like that,” Ducky’s mum said with appeasement.
“Yes that is true, all of our children are safe even they had to witness that large rock going through the sky making that Earthshake,” Petrie’s mum agreed to what Ducky’s mum stated.
“Yes, but the last one to hit the ground stopped the Thundering falls from letting us have water,” Grandpa said forwarningly.
“So what’s your point?” Mr Threehorn looked up at the Longneck with his usual dead, cold stare.
“My point is that the rock was smaller then the one that blew up in the night sky yesterday,” Grandpa replied and Mr Threehorn gave a nod with a grunt remembering that the Longneck was right about that.
“So Longneck tell us why you think it just blew up in the sky?” Mr Threehorn grumbled and everyone else looked at Grandpa waiting for an answer.
“I am not really sure, but Littlefoot did say that there was a bright light for a moment before the rock blew up,” Grandpa told the other adults and looked at the sky thinking about it some more.
“Maybe the rock was burning too much and it just broke apart but into little, harmless pieces,” Petrie’s mum suggested.
“Maybe but there is no real answer to come up with… this is a mystery that not even we can answer,” Grandpa spoke calmly looking at each adult that turned up for the meeting and all nodding in reply.
“Well, that settles that. Now I must go,” Mr Threehorn said walking off and with that everyone else did too, leaving the area empty once more.

Down by the Tall Trees, Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Spike and Petrie were sitting around keeping themselves amused since the grownups had told them all not to go too far whilst they were all at the meeting.
“I hate doing nothing, while the grownups are busy talking about the dumb rock just burning up in the sky last night. It’s not fair!” Cera walked back and forwards in front of the others.
Littlefoot’s eyes moved side to side watching Cera pace back and forwards “I know Cera but Grandpa saying that it was weird how the flying rock, something that big, just blows up,” Littlefoot told Cera.
“Yeah Cera, Mama said that it was odd that rock blow like that!” Petrie joined in the talk with Cera and Littlefoot.
“Yep, yep, yep. He is right Cera. A rock just blows up and no one knows why,” Ducky jumped off the downed tree she sat on walking up to Cera.
“Yeah I know, but whenever something weird happens we get stuck doing nothing… it’s not fair!” Cera grunted in anger and started to pace again.
“True…” Littlefoot sighs looking at the clear sky. “Wonder if something did it,” Littlefoot whispers to himself not letting anyone hear it.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chapter 2: A Signal Visitor

Littlefoot’s Grandpa walked up to the Tall Trees to give the news to the children that they can go off and play. He was still concerned about last night but the danger had passed and he felt he should let the children have fun before they try to go on an adventure outside the Great Valley like so many times before.
“Children,” Grandpa called from a small distance away from the Tall Trees. In a split moment, Littlefoot and his friends come out the Tall Trees and come up to Grandpa.
“Hey Grandpa! Is the meeting already over?” Littlefoot asked straight away.
“Yes it is Littlefoot,” Grandpa gave a little laugh, “There was no real threat from last night so you all can go and play now.” Grandpa gave a warm smile.
“Right on!” Cera cheered.
“Thank you Littlefoot’s Grandpa! Thank you!” Ducky jumped up and down clapping.
“Me know what game… Not it!” Petrie said flying over the others very happy to go around the Valley and have some fun.
Spike nods as he dived into some leaves and Ducky giggled, “Spike is pleased too, yes, yes, yes!” Ducky hugged Spike.
“Now kids, play safe and don’t get into trouble,” Grandpa told them and they started to make a move to have some fun.
“Oh, Littlefoot?” Littlefoot stops and look back at his Grandpa.
“Yes Grandpa?” Littlefoot went up to him.
“We have a special visitor coming to the Great Valley who came just a little while back. He’s someone you know…” Grandpa said and Littlefoot’s expiation changed with a half smile and shocked face.
“Doc? He’s back in the Great Valley?!” Littlefoot beamed and ran off to catch up with the others, “Thanks for the great news Grandpa!” Littlefoot called out as he ran off to his friends.
Grandpa smiled and slowly went to the Thundering Falls, “I knew that would make Littlefoot happy. He will be glad to see Doc again.”

Littlefoot ran as fast as he could to catch up with the others. “Hey guys, wait up!” Littlefoot called out.
Without warning, Cera popped out the bushes “BOO!”
“Ah!” Littlefoot tripped over his front legs and landed on his face sliding along the dusty ground with his rear in the air. He came to a halt next to Spike with Ducky and Petrie on top, staring at him.
“Are you ok Littlefoot?” Ducky asked as Littlefoot slowly picked himself up and looked her with a small smile.
“Yeah, I am alright Ducky,” Littlefoot looked at them with a bit of a bigger smile not to worry them at all, Cera walked up to them grinning. “I could have been hurt bad Cera… it not that funny!” Littlefoot said frowning at her.
“Sorry about that Littlefoot, if I knew you would trip over like that I wouldn’t have done it…” Cera said guilty looking at Littlefoot.
“It’s alright, I am not hurt that bad, lets play…” Littlefoot taps Cera with his nose and runs, “Not it!”
“Run Cera is it!” Ducky runs off with Littlefoot, so does spike and Petrie.
“Hey no fair! I will get you for that!” Cera runs after them.

A lonely Longneck watches from nearby eating some of the leaves from a tree and swallowed. “Nice kid you have there, been a while since I saw him last,” Doc turns his head facing Grandpa and Grandma.
“He’s all we have left. He’s very important to us and you know it since the last time you came and saved our Littlefoot,” Grandma said to Doc and looked at the children playing.
“I can tell he’s important to you and there has been odd things happening outside the Great Valley,” Doc spoke calmly.
Grandpa looked at him uneasily, “What type of odd things?”
“Odd bright light in the sky, something that I never seen before, but it doesn’t bother me.” Doc went back to eating the leaves of a tree next to him.
Grandma and Grandpa looked at each other.
“We also noticed these bright lights for a little while but none of them ever got near the Valley so we have nothing to worry about,” Grandpa looked at the sky.
“You don’t have to worry then. These bright lights have only been in that direction,” Doc lifted his head, looking over towards to the right of Threehorn Peak.
“That’s where the Land of Mists is. Maybe it’s part of the Circle of Life after all,” Grandma looked in the direction which Doc was.
“Maybe and maybe not. No one knows for sure since I know that some herds now take a route around the Land of Mist,” Doc told Littlefoot’s grandparents, “Well have a nice day, I have done the talk for the day.” Doc starts to walk away from Grandma and Grandpa.
“I will never get use to his silence and loneliness,” Grandpa gave a small laugh.
Grandma gave a small laugh as well, “I know what you mean dear.” They both finished laughing and went back to eating their fill for the day.

Meanwhile, by a watering hole, Littlefoot was playing Hide-go-Seek and was looking for Ducky, Cera, Spike and Petrie. He looked around the bushes and found no one; he looked in some hollow trees and still found none of them. “Where are they?” Littlefoot looked up at a tree and saw the flyer of the group Petrie “Hey Petrie! I found you!” Littlefoot called out.
“Me almost not found, you good Littlefoot,” Petrie flaps his wings and flew down to Littlefoot land on his head.
“So where do you think others are?” Petrie looked around and saw none of the others in sight.
Littlefoot walked over to some bushes and put his head through them. He looked in there and found Ducky.
“Hey Ducky, I found you!” Ducky looked at him and giggled.
“Yep, yep, yep! You did Littlefoot! You did find me!” Ducky giggled a little bit more before coming out of her hiding place looking at Littlefoot. He pulled his head out from the bushes and looked at her.
“Littlefoot, you still have to find Spike and Cera. You know Cera she is good at hiding, yes she is.”
Littlefoot knew full well that Ducky was right about Cera. She was good at this game; a bit too good.
“Well let’s find Spike and then Cera,” Littlefoot suggested.
“Good idea Littlefoot,” Petrie agreed to the suggestion.
“Yep! Lets look for Spike!” Ducky got on top of Littlefoot.

Cera watched them from her hiding spot “Heh! No way they can find me,” she whispered to herself proudly.
“Hello kid,” a deep voice said from behind her.
“Shhh! I don’t what them to find me,” Cera looked at who was talking and stared at a face with a scar on his right side of his nose, “Doc?”
“Yes, I came to have a check on you kids, to see how you lot are doing,” Doc replied raising his head and looked at the others. He also saw Spike in his hiding place eating it away.
“Hey guys come here!” Cera called out and they all came over.
“Doc! I guessed right, you did come back to the Great Valley!” Littlefoot beamed with joy at seeing Doc again.
“Hello kid, I am just passing through like always,” Doc said more to Littlefoot then the others. Littlefoot looked down and Doc lifted his head a bit with the tip of his tail so Littlefoot was looking at him.
“Remember your Grandpa is the real protector here, I am just a loner with no one left. Your Grandpa is different. He has you and that’s something that I don’t have kid. I am also too old for this now,” Doc said to Littlefoot with an always calm and lonely voice.
“Err… Doc why are you talking this much now? You didn’t last time,” Cera said noticing something a bit odd.
“You’re sharp kid. I am only talking to you a lot now since I might not come back again, my time is near,” Doc told Cera and the others. They looked at him in shock. “Don’t worry, I will keep you all in my mind. You five kids are special, I can see that now, well I have talked enough. Time for me to leave and keep strong,” Doc gave a small smile and walked away.

They stood there looking at him walk away in disbelief.
“Wow he’s not that all bad after all… I guess it took a lot to him to show his feelings out for a time,” Cera said with a smile even knowing what Doc said to them.
“Yeah. The Lone Dinosaur for sure, me hope he has a good journey,” Petrie looked at Cera and the others also smiling a bit.
“Yes, yes, yes. I am happy to see Doc again, he still my hero! He saved Littlefoot two times, yes he did!” Ducky also smiled happily with Spike and she looked at Littlefoot who was silent. “Littlefoot are you ok?”
“Yeah I am, even it was a short visit from Doc, it was still good to see him but maybe this is the last time we will get to see him,” Littlefoot said in a depressed voice, looking down a bit.
“Hey Littlefoot don’t feel sad. Doc wouldn’t like to see you like this,” Cera said to him and he looked at her with a smile.
“Yeah your right Cera,” Littlefoot replied in a much cheery way.
“Let’s play some more,” Petrie said and they all nodded walking back to the watering hole except Littlefoot. He watched Doc walk away until the massive dinosaur was out of view, then, he quickly joined the others.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi!
I have to say this is really a good work Threehorn. Looking for points to improve I can't say that I see any. The one I had in mind (Doc's sudden talkativeness) was taken out of my mouth by Cera, so it is certainly no point of criticism, but part of the story. The characters really come across very much the way they appear in the movies. The rain of firestones, is it possible that it was inspired by Disney's Dinosaur (where many smaller meteorits rained down before the big one, making quite a sight), or by the BBC documentation "Walking with Dinosaurs" (where something similar happened? I thought about letting something like that happen in an LBT story after I watched these impressive scenes, but I never ever came up with any plot that involves a meteor impact.
Good job!  :)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks. I plan to put up only so many chapters up on the form since the story is still be created. A slow working progress. But I am on chapter 61 and still working hard.

-Threehorn

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I see you've finally announced your fanfic to the world Threehorn!!! Lookin' good!  ;)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chapter 3: The Land of Mist

Past the mountains, near Threehorn peak, lies a land full of mist. The storm clouds flowed over the mountains surrounding the land causing it to hold water in a natural bowl which, in some places, was flooded bit too much. The land near the rivers swelled and grew making it water-logged weakening the banks as they crumbled into the fast-flowing streams like sandstone.

However, a new sight to the Land of Mist, were the Smoke Flies and Bright Lights that lit the skies every night. As this time, a herd of Longnecks started to pass through the Land of Mist as this new sight started up.
In this herd was a young, little Longneck named Ali. She and her mother travelling with this herd travelling from place-to-place, never staying on one place for too long. This had been the first time since 3 cold times (A/N: 3 years) they had chosen to travel through the Land of Mist. In a way, they had no choice but to take this route. The shifting land destroyed the other route they usually took.

Ali looked up to see a Smoke Fly shoot across the sky at a great speed and disappeared when a Bright Light appeared on top of it.
“Mother? Is that the Smoke Flies we heard about?” Ali asked seeing another two shoot over them making a whooshing sound mixed with a faint noise of burning even though it wasn’t.
“Yes dear, I think they are. They are even making the sounds the Dinosaurs told the elder,” Ali’s mother replied seeing two more Bright Lights that looked like they were eating the trail of the Smoke Flies.
“Mother look! Five of ëem!” Ali shouted out. Her mother looked as well to see five Smoke Flies shoot passed one by one and, as the one before it, disappeared when the Bright Lights appeared.
“Just like the ones before the Bright Lights got them. Wonder what happened if a Smoke Fly didn’t get hit by the Bright Light?” the Elder spoke up with the herd turning to look at her, “The sooner we out of the Land of Mist the better. These Smoke Flies and Bright Lights may be dangerous,” the Elder told them all with a weary voice before walking ahead of the Longnecks. The others followed close behind making sure no one got lost within the thick mist.
“Mother do you think they are?” Ali asked as they walked with the other members of the herd.
“No idea Ali. The Wise one hasn’t been wrong very often,” Ali’s mother replied in a calm and caring voice. Ali nods in reply keeping up with her mother’s pace.

Meanwhile, in another area of the Land of Mist, two unlikely friends get into another match of a outburst yelling at each other, saying stuff like, ëWho needs you’ and ëI am better working alone’.
“You would be dead by now if it wasn’t for my teeth!” Dil growled glaring her many rows of teeth.
“You stupid Belly Dragger!! I am the eyes! That’s more important! Without me you would walk into everything!” Icky shouted back. They both snarled at each other.
“Fine! I will work alone and prove you wrong!” Dil turned away whacking Icky with her tail, which sent him flying into a tree.
“Ow… I hate it when she does that…” Icky said recovering his senses. Once he saw Dil was gone, he flapped his wings. Once he was airborne and looked around,
“Dil!? DIL! Where did you go!?” Icky called out but heard nothing, “Come on Dil this is no time for jokes… we can’t work on our own!” Icky looked around but still saw nothing nor heard anything from the Belly Dragger, Dil.

Icky flew above the treetops which something any flying types did since the Smoke Flies appeared in the sky in the Land of Mist. Icky forgot about this as he looked around at the ground from a height. He flew high to see if he could see his friend and partner Dil, even though they didn’t get along. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a Smoke Fly shot by, missing Icky by mere inches.
“Ahh!” Icky yelped in fear and went into the trees to hide. He poked his head out to see where the Smoke Fly came from and what he saw totally scared him. He saw a weird, ring-like ripple in the clear sky that couldn’t have been seen on the ground because of all the mist.
“What… what is that th…” Before he could finish what he was saying, the shock was too much and it made him faint, falling backwards onto the ground below.

Dil walked almost blindly, not knowing where she was going but she did hear a Smoke Fly shoot over her. She saw a flash with her poor vision and saw that the Smoke Fly was no more.
“Those things don’t help my bad vision… it makes me see lights in front,” Dil groaned and then looked around, “Icky? Icky? Are you there? I am lost… ICKY!” Dil called out with a sound of a Belly Dragger’s roar mixed with it but nothing came back in reply. She knew he was out of hearing range. Dil slowly dragged herself to the water edge and went in it and trying her very hardest to keep an eye out for anyone.

Back with Ali’s herd, they made their way through the foggy land and came to a clearing where the mist had lifted slightly.
“This will do for our resting site for tonight. We will get up early tomorrow and head out the Land of Mist by morning,” the Elder told the herd. They all nodded in reply and started to make their way to sleeping spots around the clear area.
“Mother can I go play?” Ali asked her mother.
Ali’s mother lowered her head and rubbed her gently with her daughter’s.
“Alright Ali, just stay in the clearing near the herd, don’t go into the woods alone. I don’t want you to get lost in there.”
“Ok mother, I promise!” Ali smiled and ran off to have a little fun.
“She has your spirit,” the Elder said to Ali’s mother.
“I know she does, but where are we going exactly?” Ali’s mother looked at the Elder baring the question in mind.
“We are going to the Great Valley. I have heard that a large flying rock almost hit there the other day,” the Elder informed Ali’s mother.
Ali’s mother liked the news about going to the Great Valley since this would be the first time in ages since Ali had seen her friends from there but the large flying rock sounded like a strong reason to investigate.
“Yes Elder, I see why we going to the Great Valley. A very wise decision indeed.”
The Elder smiled a bit.
“They don’t call me ëthe elder’ for nothing my dear,” she said walking away from Ali’s mother towards a spot near the edge of the settlement where the other Longnecks had gathered for the night. Ali’s mother looked at the Elder and then turned to look at her daughter playing around jumping over other adult Longneck tails. Even the sound of the Smoke Flies had stopped making the night a quiet one.

But still they all really wanted an answer to this weird new arrival of Smoke Flies and Bright Lights. It was obvious that these two new arrivals were connected in some way. It was a mystery to all the Dinosaurs who witness the Smoke Flies and Bright Lights in the Land of Mist.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I will say I immensly enjoy this...the return of many character favorites--Doc, Ali, Ichty, Dill.... :)  Yeah, I agree with Malte, Doc does talk much more than usual but I'm under the impression he's going to die.  :blink:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good to see some old characters return! Also I like your detailed descriptions of the landscape. I think that it is such details that make a story really interesting. The way of talking also fits to the characters. I just have one question, and two possible way of different behaviour (but it is not meant to be critizism as we never saw the characters in this situation before, so your description may fit just as well).
As for the question, is the elder and the wise one identical with the old one from LBT 4? If so, she seems much less remote than she did in LBT 4. She talks rather personal to Ali's mother, telling her not to respectfully address her as "elder". Then again, we never saw her talking to members of her herd (except when she announced the leaving of her herd), so she may be less reserved to them than she was towards Littlefoot's grandparents.
As for Ichty and Dill, your description may be perfectly fine (again we never saw them after they had really split up), but I don't really think that they would confess own weaknesses (like Ichty does by admitting that neither of them can make it alone). Maybe, just maybe, it would be more realistic for them to rejoin in a different way. For example Ichty could fly after Dill, claiming that it's just a coincidence that he does, but that he won't change his course just because the "belly dragger" is heading the same way. Just a suggestion though.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One question I forgot. Am I correct in understanding, that the smoke flyes are more meteorits?

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No... you will find out in the next two chapters what the smoke flies are.  ;)

Do you want me to post them up?

-Threehorn

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If they're done I don't see why you wouldn't want to post them up. ;)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chapter 4: Peaceful Dreams

In a very large place, people gather in their thousands, sitting in their sits getting ready for the show. Amongst them was a little boy no older than six years old sat in a chair right near the stage platform where the final song will be sung.
“Welcome all to the last song of the night and it going to be performed by the star of the season… Give it up for…Miss Longston!” the commentator shouted out through his microphone. In response, a loud cheer erupted from the massive crowd.
The crowd calmed down and the commentator placed the microphone near him
“Now here she is the one you all been waiting for! Miss Longston!” The lights faded and spotlights lit on a lady with rich, long, brown hair, blue-sky jeans, white top and trainers on. Not exactly the image people would expect to see from a star well known and her face was something to be seen; a real heart-stopper for most men.

She took a step getting ready for the singing the song.
(A/N: Song: If we hold on Together)
The Music started to play with a steady start from a piano.
After 16 seconds she started to sing the song.

Don’t lose your way
With each passing day
You’ve come so far
Don’t throw it away

/*Second Piano started to play */

Let be believing
Dreams are for weaving
Wonders are waiting to start

/*Drums started with soft taping*/

Live your story
Faith, hope and glory
Hold to the truth in your heart.

If we hold on together
I know our dreams will never die
Dreams see us through to forever

Where clouds roll by
And for you and I

/*She walks down the platform towards the boy in the seat right next to the stage. Violin starts to play*/

Souls in the wind
Must learn how to bend
Seek out a star
Hold on to the end

/*She holds her hand out to him and he grabs it. She picks him up and heading back to the main stage still singing walking backwards*/

Valley, mountain
There is a fountain
Washes our tears all the way

Waves are swaying
Someone is praying
Please let us come home to stay

If we hold on together

Where clouds roll by
For you and I

When we are all there in the dark
We’ll dream about the sun
In the dark we’ll feel the light
Warm our hearts
Everyone

/*Looks at the boy with a smile as she sings*/

If we hold on together

As high as souls can fly
The clouds roll by
For you and I

/*With her free hand, she stretches out to the right, singing the last note*/

The song dies down and then a mighty, large cheer from the crowd with claps that echoed in the huge, music hall.
The boy looked at Miss Longston.
“Mum you were great!” the boy whispered to her.
“Yes son. It was and I couldn’t do it without you sweetheart,” she replied and kissed him on the forehead, “Now let’s go backstage.” She walks off the stage with her carrying her son in her left arm.

She goes backstage to meet a man.
“That was perfect Michelle! You get better every time and your son is as handsome as ever,” the man said with a smile.
“Thank you George and my son Wayne, he is part of me when we’re not together,” Michelle said while looking at her son as she put him on the ground.
“Huh? Pardon? What?” George blinked in confusion not getting the gist of what Michelle had just said to him.
“The heart… we’re always together, in our hearts. Even when we’re not together all the time,” Michelle said trying to get George to understand. Even though he was the manager, he wasn’t one much for philosophy, proverbs or morals. Money would have been his language like most people.
“Oh I see heart ha ha ha! Nice saying! Maybe I should add it to the advertisement,” he said with a laugh but soon stopped when Mitchell grabbed him by the shirt.
“If you dare do that, I will personal throw you in that dumpster in the alley! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!?” Michelle said angrily at the manger who was now scared half to death.
“…Crystal!” he replied squeakily staring into her flaming eyes in total fright. She released her tight grip on his shirt.
“Good. Well I am going home now to spend some time with my son,” Michelle told George flatly as she walked by holding Wayne’s hand. George swiftly moved out of the way and adjusted his collar.
“Mum? Why be so mean?” Wayne asked as they walked towards the back doors of the building.
“Because he only cares about money and not us,” she replied still angry.
“Does he have family like me and you?” Wayne asked.
“So young and asking questions, you can see the answers in here,” Mitchell kneeled down and place her hand on his chest.
“My heart?” Wayne blinked a bit perplexed.
“Yes son… your heart. Follow your heart, it will lead to the right answers but listen closely,” Mitchell stood up and walked on to the door opening it up. Wayne put his left hand on his chest and felt his heart thumping against it.
“Mum, I don’t understand what you mean,” Wayne sighed.
“Don’t worry, you will soon Wayne,” she smiled looking back at him and walked through the door. As she opened the back door, a bright light came from it blinding Wayne’s view.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
:blink: You've lost me...where does this fit in with what was mentioned in previous chapters?  Does this have to do with those smoke flies?

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I said two chapters away on the last one before this post. In chapter 5 not this one. This is part of the story, might be confusing but next post you will know

-Threehorn

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chapter 5: Riddle da little
He opened his eyes, looking at a reddish sky and sat up looking at the landscape. The view he saw was of a motorway with burned out cars with rust on them. He carried on looking at the land, turning his head to see large, cracked holes, half of hills and very little grass and trees alive with some green on the leaves or blades of the grass.
Wayne got up, picked up the backpack he was resting his head on while he slept. It had been about 9 years since the dream he had of his past. Dusting off his mud-caked jeans, he grabbed his black, leather coat and put it on over his black T-shirt and finally bent down to tie his shoelaces of his greyish-white trainers.

Once he did that, he brushed his brown hair back a bit with his left hand and looked to the right then left of the old motorway.
“Which way? I could go back the way I came or go the way I was heading yesterday,” he said aloud to himself. He looked back to his right and then started to walk alongside the road. He looked at his watch, which said
ë6:45am. April 23rd 2097’
He sighed softly looking at the date.
“I can’t believe it been almost 9 years already...” Wayne stopped and looked towards the rising sun.
“Been alone for so long... I can’t forget that huge quake... and can’t forget Mum... I am still here because of her.” Tears start to form in his eyes,
“Mum if you can hear me... thank you for letting me live on. Even this is the harshest of times I will never forget you. You’re always on my mind… and in my heart,” Wayne said softly as the wind carried his words away.

Wayne turned back in the direction he was walking and went on his way. After thirty minutes of walking, he came to a stop. He noticed the land in the distance looked a bit off and started to run to it when he noticed there was no path between the off-looking land ahead. He slowed himself down and tripped over a loose stone and landed on his backside. Although it was a bit painful, he praised his luck as he crawled on his hands and knees to the edge and looked over it to see a red river.
“Whoa crap!... a river of lava!... that was too close!” Wayne wiped his forehead with a small smile of relief he wasn’t burned to a crisp.

This was cut short when he heard noises which he hadn’t heard for a while.
“No it can’t be… it sounds… like trucks…” Wayne looked in the direction of the sound and went towards it, keeping his distance from the edge of the cliff. Looking back, he saw the motorway cut away by the large valley-like hole that had been formed by the lava.
“From what I can tell, this river of lave been flowing since The Garlertic Earthquake…” Wayne turned back to where he was going and listened for the noises.

The noise was getting louder every metre he got closer. He knew he was closing on the sound and started to hear a buzzing noise. He looked down to see trip wires and land mines.
“Holy God of hell! What the hell going on!? Landmines and trip wires all over the place… this can’t be good,” Wayne said to himself almost shouting out the words. He slowly stepped over the trip wires and landmines being careful not to step on any of them.

About an hour later, Wayne manage to get through twenty metres of booby traps and came up to a hill. He slowly crawled up it and peeked over the top a bit and found a large building with two smaller ones nearby. Furthermore, there were a large number of men in uniforms walking around in four rows of five. Wayne rubbed his eyes and looked again expecting it to be a mirage of some sort; they where still there.
“I never seen so many people in one area for a long time… wonder what they are up to?” Wayne said looking down to see that the hill was artificial since the part he was on looked very green for a dying land that was quickly becoming very barren and inhabitable thanks to the lava flow. The side he was looking down was a metal-framed wall supporting the hill, keeping it in place. It felt like naturally occurring ground but when Wayne tapped the grass a bit, it pinged with a distinct sound. “Metal… very clever,” he whispered. Wayne jumped down and landed on the concrete below and quickly ducked behind some crates.

Wayne pulled his head up above the crates to have a look at the landscape around him. From where he hid, he noticed a large ball like object which Wayne could tell was a Tesla Coil. Wayne suddenly started to get a premonition that something out of this world going on here.

A few men and a lady stopped beside the crate Wayne was hiding behind. They were talking to each other and have a cigarette. Wayne knew tobacco was hard to get hold of now since most of the landscape was destroyed by the quake nine years ago. None of the normal factories stood up to such a destructive force of nature.
Mathew, one of the men, spoke loud enough for Wayne to hear,
“Yeah I know. The Professor’s new toys made this testing a enjoyable one.”
“I can’t agree more. This had been another good day for the Chrono Cannon,” Maxcien said followed by laughter.
Jackson calms down with sniggers in-between each part of his sentence.
“Yeah, that is a goal we all go on /*sniggers*/ and no government /*sniggers*/ for us to have fun.” The other two looked at him with frowns.
“Did you smoke the…” Mathew began but didn’t get a chance to finish when Jackson fainted.
“He did…” Maxcien sighed putting out her cigarette and grabbing one of Jackson’s arms.
“God this is… grr… the 12th time this… gah! He’s heavy… what has he been eating!?” Mathew moaned lifting one side of Jackson; they both then dragged him to one of the buildings.

“Dope… what a world,” Wayne mumbled rolling his eyes. He then spotted a large metal object come out the ground. In seconds, a missile was launched at high speed and entered an invisible object over the river of lava.
“What the!?” Wayne put his hands over his mouth and ducked behind the crates.
A guard looked over in his direction.
“What is it?” another asked seeing that the other guard turned his head.
“I thought I heard something over there” the suspicious guard said, “Maybe it was just me.” He turned back, looking at the ripple fade and disappear from view.
Wayne peeped over the top of the crates and looked at the two guards with their backs to him.
“That was too close,” he mumbled and shook his head, “Talking to yourself again Wayne… you need to stop this…” Wayne whispered to himself shaking his head a little bit more.

Next, the Chrono Cannon which Wayne heard the guards talking about earlier emerged. The ball-like object at the base glowed and the coils flashed from the bottom to the very top of the little ball at the end of the coil-like pole. It flashed faster and faster. Wayne watched as a beam shot out from it but soon entered a small ripple right next to the end. After that, the Chrono Cannon was then put on standby once more, not looking a bit ready to fire.

“OK… what a weird device… if Chrono means time travel… is this a time weapon?” Wayne asked himself and felt something press to his back.
“Don’t move sonny boy! Get up and come with me,” Cockney English accent voice said behind Wayne.  
Wayne stood up with his arms raised a bit.
“Good choice sonny, now move!” Wayne flinched as the end of the rifle jabbed into his back
“OK, OK! Keep your shirt on!” Wayne complained and started to walk. The other guards just took a glance and went back to what they were doing.
“This is quite a welcome, just a little look at a kid…” Wayne mumbled and felt another jab to his back, “Bad sense of humour huh?”
“Oh shut up sonny boy! One more word and I will hit you across the head,” the guard warned continuing to jab Wayne in the back, this time a little harder to get the message through.

They walked towards the largest building of the little complex and Wayne was surprised to see how well structured it was. This had been the first time in a long time since he had seen a building in perfect condition, without the hint of damage by a earthquake. They arrived at two large metal doors with a keypad and card-reader lock on the wall beside the left door. Wayne watched the guard walk to it and push in the digits ë2-6-7-1-1-8’ and the door cracked open slowly. Once the doors fully opened,  Wayne was grabbed by the arm and pushed forwards. Almost tripping over, he walked on seeing a sign as he entered saying ëTri-Macrock-Labs’. Wayne recalled that name from somewhere and instantly remember that this was a company made by three countries in which testing of the theory of the solar system, space, time and fabric of sub-genetics which was all clearly illegal. But this illegal work was something of the past now, everyone did what they wanted.

Wayne walked down the hallway with the guard close behind. They came to a door and the guard grabbed him by the arm forcing Wayne to stop.
“Get in there! Sonny boy!” the guard bellowed as he opened the door and booted Wayne through it. With a mighty slam, the guard looked through the closed door. “Now I will tell the professor about this and he will know what to do with you,” the guard said before walking off further down the hallway.
Wayne smirked opening his hand up showing a key.
“Not if I can help it…” Wayne put the key in the lock and turned it, with a click the door unlocked and opened.
“So much for a guard with brains,” Wayne said to himself in a pleased manner. He looked at where the guard went, “I wonder who this Professor is…” He started to walk down the hallway where the guard had disappeared.

After wondering around the hallways, sometimes ending up going around in a circle, he finally came to some doors down the end of the hallway. Wayne walked up to them and looked through one of the round windows to see a white-haired man with a white coat and trousers talking to the guard that Wayne was caught by. Wayne opened the door a little bit and listened in on the conversation.

The guard put his arms to the side,
“Sir! If I may say, this boy knows too much about the Chrono Cannon and the testing.”
The Professor walked to the guard looking at him with his neat, blue eyes,
“Yes, he’s seen way to much to be let go. Even this world is too big for our race,” the Professor waved a stick in the guard’s face.
“Professor Helienson, what do you want me to do with the boy?” the guard asked trying to not laugh at the way the Professor spoke and waved the stick around.
“I have the perfect thing. Come this way and I will show you, my boy, what I have installed into the boy in the cell.” Helienson walked by a table full of tubes and bottles to a rather large screen with a keyboard attached to it. Wayne opened the door a bit more to get a look for himself.
“What is this ëperfect thing’ sir?” the guard asked looking at the blank screen.
“Oh that’s simple,” the Professor smiled typing up something on the screen and the screen lit up showing a double helix of someone or something’s DNA. “This is a complete DNA strand of a dinosaur. I managed to get it from a fossilized dinosaur bone; the only full strand to be found I might add. This DNA comes from a Brontosaurus and with it, I have mastered a new technique,” the Professor said proudly with his head raised high and hands behind his back.
“And this technique is?” the guard said in a unconvinced tone which made Helienson angry. He hit the guard with his stick across the head.
“Shut up you idiot! I was getting to it!” Helienson crossed his arms tapping the stick on his arm softly, “I am planning to merge a perfect copy of this DNA into the boy.” Helienson walked over to a small tube connected to a machine arm with a needle on the end of it.
“Merge the DNA with the boy’s? Why sir it will not do anything to him!” the guard asked in confusion rubbing his head trying to get rid of the daze.
“Oh, that’s the starting point! Come here! I want to show you this,” Helienson said walking over to an odd looking, hand-held item on a table which was covered up, the professor placed the stick down and removed the cover.
“This is a Static Sonic De-evolution Rod or ëSSDE Rod’ as I like to call it. My masterpiece of all my creations,” Helienson chuckled with appeasement of the mastering of sub-genetics.
“Your craz…” A loud bang echoed in lab making Wayne fall over and cover his ears from the loud sound. He slowly uncovered them and looked back into the lab through the round window to see the guard on his back, dead with a bullet hole to his chest and Professor Helienson with a gun in his right hand that was smoking.
“Call me crazy will you my boy, no one does. If they do… they die! Sorry to let you know the hard way but you crossed the line!” he said sinisterly. Wayne was horrified and sick in the stomach seeing it and walked away from the door but didn’t get far when he looked up to see…

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hmmm...mad scientist from the future...I think I see where this is going. :)  Don't keep me in suspense.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I will get the next chapter up soon. but I am not going to post too many. I haven't finished the story  B)

-Threehorn

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I was about to say! I thought you said you were only giving a taster! Not a mouthful PMSL!  :DD  Looking cool though!  B)