The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Traitor?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Traitor?[/u]

Prologue:

“Fuck, we’re surrounded!”

Fearfully, the group of seven stood in a loose circle in the middle of the Mysterious Beyond, dry plains with no vegetation as far as one could see, rocky ground with numerous cracks seaming through the dreary landscape. They were juveniles in their teenage years, each of them belonging to a different species of dinosaur yet they were connected by an unbreakable bond of friendship. Though, as Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Chomper and Ruby saw themselves surrounded by a group of at least two dozen of fastbiters with fearful eyes, their bond was now threatened like never before.

“Oh no no no!” Ducky, instinctively, retreated towards the center of the circle they formed, being rather defenseless in her nature as a Swimmer.

“We're trapped!” Cera shouted in alert, trying to take her role as strongest fighter of the group, pointing her horns towards the nearest Fastbiter. They weren’t quite as impressive as her dad’s but, nonetheless, ready to kick ass if it was necessary.

“Me feel bad about this…” Petrie spoke fearfully from atop Littlefoot who had positioned himself in a protective manner, covering a whole flank while Spike took the other with Cera and Chomper taking the remaining two, Ducky and Ruby staying closer to the center. The Longneck was ready to send any fastbiters flying with his mighty tail if they dared to attack him and his friends.

“I wouldn’t feel nearly as surrounded if we weren’t…” Ruby mentioned quietly, swallowing hard as she saw herself confronted with the sheer amount of predators eyeing her and her friends maliciously. Despite being the only one almost fully grown, she’d hardly stand a chance in a fight against a Fastbiter since her kind was made for escaping rather than engaging in combat. Yet, escaping was an unlikely option right now.

“D-don’t panic, guys. We need to keep a cool head now,” Littlefoot exclaimed though he was far from sounding confident.

“That is easy to say but very hard to do, yes it is…” Ducky said in deep concern. Turning to Spike, she added. “Spiky, you need to remember the lessons we were taught about fighting, okay?”

Spike had not quite grown as tall as the others in relation to his kind’s size due to being born a little later than them but he had already grown his back plates and the spiked tail that gave his species their name and reputation. In terms of size, he had reached about half the size of an adult, while his friends had already reached up to three quarters of their maximum size. Chomper had yet to grow a lot but, already, he beat the Fastbiters in length and height while Ruby was almost considered an adult by now. They were certainly strong enough for combat by now and had been trained by their parents as well as by Chomper himself who would sometimes allow them to practice but the sheer number of their opponents was overwhelming – even too much for their parents to handle. What should they do?

“How did they manage to surround us like that?!” Chomper shouted in a panicky manner, baring his teeth and claws towards the fastbiters that were facing him, receiving lots of growls in return.

The group had been on a journey when the predators suddenly appeared, seemingly out of nowhere. Despite Petrie’s air surveillance, they had managed to sneak in on them and surround them easily. Littlefoot soon figured out how.

“Their colours match the colour of the ground here, damn it!” The Fastbiters had all a yellow-ish, brown-ish colour pattern. It was simply impossible to see them from above as they only contrasted with the blue sky above them.

“No wonder me no see them…” Petrie muttered quietly though there was no time to blame himself.

“We shouldn’t have relied on Petrie only!” Cera grunted, though, under the given circumstances, even the hotheaded Threehorn knew that Petrie was not to blame here. “Littlefoot, what do we do?!”

“They not attack us yet…” Petrie mentioned, keeping a close eye on the situation while also preparing to take flight from his perch on the Longneck if a fight broke loose.

“Why though…” Littlefoot thought aloud. Indeed, the Fastbiters merely stood in a circle of about 2 Longneck lengths around them, doing little more than glaring at them with hateful expressions.

As the others tried to keep an eye on their enemies, Ruby had her eyes on Chomper. Despite long since exceeding her in size and strength, Ruby still stuck to her mission given by Chomper’s parents to keep watch over the purple Sharptooth as best as she could. Chomper appeared to be unusually nervous even when considering the current unfavorable situation.

“Chomper, don’t worry, we will fight them all together, all together we will fight,” Ruby addressed the friendly Sharptooth, trying to find uplifting words.

“The hell I worry!” Chomper yelled to the surprise of everybody present. “I can hear them talking… we’ve been fooled! This is a trap!”

“But I thought…” Littlefoot was crudely interrupted by the friendly Sharptooth, however.

“This is all my fault!!!”

EvilDucky reporting in with a new super evil story that just popped up in my mind a few hours ago when reading one of my old posts in one of the threads the Gentle Sharptooth bumped.

I guess that little intro is going to leave you a little clueless. Don't worry, I wrote it this way quite on purpose :smile The next chapter should make things a lot less confusing.

And, in case you're wondering, this is a response to the serious of the two prompts.

Hope you enjoyed the read so far, I'll try to get the next chapter in asap. ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This was a pretty solid beginning for a story. It opens a wide array of possibilities for the future, most importantly the question of what is wrong with Chomper and I'm sure the answer will be a good one. Other than that, the setting was created very quickly, to an extent that also raises questions about what has happened earlier. It'll certainly be interesting to see which direction this story will go to. ^^spike

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That means I succeeded in creating that sort of premise. Yay! :DD

I'll try to get more writing done today, yesterday kinda ended up being a lazy day  :bang

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A most interesting beginning!  It looks like the gang is surrounded, but a lot of time has passed since we have last seen the gang of seven as they are teenagers now (except for Spike).  It will be curious to see how they get out of this and, for that matter, if all of them do manage to get out of this alive...

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A most interesting beginning! It looks like the gang is surrounded, but a lot of time has passed since we have last seen the gang of seven as they are teenagers now (except for Spike).
Thanks, I'm glad you think so :)

It will be curious to see how they get out of this and, for that matter, if all of them do manage to get out of this alive...
Well... if I follow the prompt, somebody will have to die at some point  :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Chapter 1: A new adventure

Some days earlier:

“Hey guys, guess what!” With an almost childish demeanor, the purple form of Chomper came waddling closer to the rest of the Gang who had been hanging out at their usual place while Chomper was gone fishing. It had been a long battle but, eventually, Chomper got the permission to feast on scaly swimmers in the main river under the condition that he wouldn’t do so at the more populated areas of the Valley. The residents soon learned to avoid the Sharptooth during his “hunt” for food, however, so tensions were minimal despite his ever-growing size and appetite.

“Hello Chomper, Chomper hello!” Ruby greeted her friend warmly in her usual way of talking that she still hadn’t dropped despite reaching adulthood by now. Neither had Ducky or Petrie for that matter.

“What’s up?” Littlefoot wondered as he got up from the ground where he had been relaxing previously.

“Yes, what is it, Chomper?” Cera barked impatiently though everybody present knew that the Threehorn wasn’t being mean.

“Is it a secret, is it?” Ducky whispered secretively.

“No, but it’s great news guys!” Chomper exclaimed in excitement. “I’ve got a message from a Flyer. My parents are nearby and they want me to visit them… and you can come along too! Isn’t that amazing?!?”

“Your… parents?” Petrie gulped slightly. “Me remember them…”

“Hey, we’re almost grown-up, we can handle them, can’t we, Littlefoot?” Cera boasted with a grin. Slowly but surely, they had grown big enough to take care of their own which resulted in a lot more freedom than they used to have. Yet, their parents still had a say in certain things.

“Yeah, if our folks let us go…” Littlefoot remarked with a hint of snarkiness. “I’ve grown to appreciate your hardheadedness over the years, Cera, but I doubt it matches that of your dad…”

“Maybe, if we ask really nice, they might let us, yep, yep, yep,” Ducky proposed. “We have learned how to defend ourselves if Sharpteeth try to eat us after all, yes we did!”

At that, Spike gave his conformation too, slightly swinging his spiked tail as if to underline his sister’s statement.

“And I know how to fix you if you need to be fixed,” Ruby chuckled, having taken lessons from both her parents and Mr. Thicknose on how to attend to injuries.

“So… we gonna do it, huh?” Petrie stated, the question being of rhetoric nature only despite his own little misgivings.

“You bet!” Cera growled in determination.

“Yep, yep, yep!” Ducky cheered happily while Spike agreed in his way too by grunting in a pleased manner.

“It’s about time we have another adventure, isn’t it?” Littlefoot joked. “We’ve only been in the Mysterious Beyond last night, it’s overdue that we have another!”

“And we better make sure our folks never know this happen…” Petrie reminded his friends while covering his mouth with one of his wings

“Great! Then let’s go!” Chomper exclaimed while jubilating, though Littlefoot had to break his enthusiasm.

“Hey, not too fast, little biter, there’s still no way we can go without our folks’ permission…”

“Also, we can’t just go without thinking about going first,” Ruby reminded them, taking the role as the eldest of the group now.

“In other words… no adventure without a good plan?” Cera inquired in a rather bored fashion.

“Well, we’d need to know where we have to meet your parents, Chomper, and how far it is to go,” Littlefoot listed. “Besides, we need a plan how to act if we are becoming friends for dinner.” At the mention of that, a surge of short-lived chuckles refreshed the mood of everyone present.

“In all seriousness, though, we need to know what to do if we are attacked by other Sharpteeth,” the Longneck continued more seriously. “Our parents will hardly let us go unless we show them that we take this seriously and take precautions so we stay safe.”

“Hey, weren’t you once trying to preach us those silly wisdoms, Littlefoot?” Cera mocked, laughing.

“I beg your pardon, hornface?” Littlefoot shot back in false rage but Cera didn’t push the matter further for the benefit of everyone present.

“They not silly, they smart,” Petrie stated from his perch above.

“Stay in a group, keep eyes and ears open, yep, yep, yep,” Ducky chuckled.

“That’s a good start, a good start it is,” Ruby confirmed with a smile.

“Especially, keep your butt away from any Sharpteeth!” Cera’s blunt words were followed by a short moment of silence.

“I never forgot the taste of your tail, Cera, so watch what you’re saying,” Chomper replied as he rose to his full height in a threatening manner.

“There is another wisdom, you know?” Ducky piped up shyly. “Do not eat your friends, nope, nope, nope!”

Laughter spread across their ranks for a few moments until the effect of Ducky’s words was decreasing.

“Actually, your point is a good point, Ducky,” Ruby brought the conversation back to its roots eventually. “If the journey takes longer, we may have to worry about Chomper’s appetite.”

“I’m sure we’ll find a way that doesn’t involve him feeding on us,” Littlefoot joked half-heartedly.

“Like he could! I’m stronger that that waddling, purple wannabe predator!” Cera bragged with a smug grin.

“Wanna prove it? I’ll eat you any day of the week,” Chomper spoke slightly apathetic to the Threehorn’s threat.

“Could we please stay on topic, guys?”

No, I didn't forget to continue the conversation there. I just felt like this was a good moment to stop it :smile

So this is happening prior to the events of the prologue. As you can see, I threw you right into the action quite on purpose but I've got to develop some kind of backstory that leads to that unfortunate situation, right? More to come  ^^spike

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm struggling with a concept I was gonna use but the more I write of it, the more ridiculous it sounds... so I'm asking for advice again lol.

My idea: Since the second prompt is about writing a crack fic, I was thinking of some hilarious plot element to mix into this story. I settled for the Gang coming up with several tools after meeting the Rainbowfaces again, learning from them how to utilise the resources around them. I was making up concepts how to make food and water vessels to carry along on a journey as well as fish traps for Chomper but I kinda feel like it's wrong to go that route  :unsure: Only distracts from what the story should actually be about and it's kinda causing writer's block right now, haha. Guess I should just leave it out?  :confused

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Personally, I've never been crazy about story elements that involves the Rainbowfaces teaching the Gang stuff so leaving those parts out is fine for me.  :p  Even then, I don't know how this story is going to progress and if it does need the Rainbowfaces, do whatever you feel is the best way. The first chapter was pretty straightforward but it does open possibilities for many plot developments. I guess Chomper's "betrayal" is due to to hunger or pressure from his parents but in any case, it'll be interesting to see which way you'll take.  :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I guess I'll cut these parts then and try to do the impossible and break my writing record tonight... because, otherwise, I won't be able to finish this in time, damn :(

Well, one thing to say before I start writing... you WILL be surprised which way I take :smile

<<<<<
5 hours, a lot of distraction and about 2000 words later, here's the new chapter :lol

Chapter 2: Some things never change

In the afternoon, finally, the plan stood. Petrie had been sent away with the order to arrange a meeting of their parents in which they could announce their wish to accompany Chomper on his journey. Admittedly, even a stick could sense that this meeting would be off to a bad start but the seven friends knew that their parents couldn’t keep them in the Valley forever. They had grown in many ways, not as foolhardy on their adventures as they used to be and equipped with horns, spikes and muscular tails to deal with their natural enemies. Besides, they had Chomper to do some talking with potential aggressors if they ever got into such a situation.

In short, they were ready to travel on their own and deal with any responsibilities that came with it. Or so they thought anyway. Whether the journey would go well or not was yet to be seen. Also, they needed to get the permission in the first place.

Soon, a perplexed adult Swimmer, a reserved Flyer, two curious elderly Longnecks as well as Mr. Threehorn acting as gruff as ever had gathered around the children, waiting more or less patiently for their children to speak up what was on their minds. Only Tria had to stay away from the meeting, looking for Tricia who hadn’t checked back with them in the afternoon as agreed. Now it was the generation of Tricia causing all the fuzz in the Valley.

When everybody was gathered, paying attention, Littlefoot, ultimately, took the initiative to speak up first.

“Hello everyone, thanks for following our request to hold this meeting.” Littlefoot couldn’t quite get his nervousness under control but, at least, he managed not to stutter or to shake. The matter to be discussed was extremely important to his friends so he took another deep breath which helped a little to cover up.

“Don’t mess it up, you flathead!” Cera thought grimly as she tried to avoid being scrutinized by her dad, her gaze wandering far and wide but not in his direction.

“We have called this meeting in order to ask you for permission…” Littlefoot continued though he soon realised his obvious mistake as Mr. Threehorn instantly interrupted him with a bark.

“Whatever you’ve been plotting lately, don’t think about doing it just one little second!” The Threehorn threw a quick warning glance at everyone present. “Humpff!”

“Me and my big mouth…” the teenaged Longneck scolded himself though it was too late to undo his mistake. They had been disregarded by Cera’s father before even getting to the point.

“Well…” Cera tried to look as innocent as she could. “Darn you, Littlefoot, darn you, dad!”

“That go about as bad as it coulda go…” Petrie frowned, looking awkwardly from one parent to another.

“Now, Mr. Threehorn, since when do we interrupt when somebody is speaking their mind?” Grandpa Longneck suddenly intervened, keeping his voice neutral.

“Yes, let us listen to what they have to say first,” Grandma prompted to the enraged Threehorn, hoping it wouldn’t be the start of yet another fight between them. They were slowly getting to old to put up with his temper anymore.

“Yes, please let us tell you about it first,” Ducky requested formally, hoping that their voices would be heard eventually.

“You can get mad at us later, dad…” Cera grunted in slight annoyance, finally resisting the penetrating stare of her father. “Oh, just cut it out, dad!”

“We thought this through, believe me…” Littlefoot sighed. “Well, at least my grandparents seem to be eager to listen…”

Mr. Threehorn started pacing but didn’t object other that resounding his typical “Humpff!”

Ruby took over. “We may have been planning something but you won’t know until you have listened to us…”

“Speak you mind then,” Petrie’s Mother responded promptly. “We have other duties that require our attention after all…”

“Let me explain…” Chomper requested all of a sudden, raising his small arm in order to get attention. “After all, this is only because I asked you to…”

“Sure,” Littlefoot spoke, the others nodding in agreement as all attention shifted to the purple Sharptooth.

“You see, I got a message from my parents the other day,” Chomper began to explain, witnessing how all faces started going through a change as he mentioned the Sharpteeth who once invaded their valley to look for their hatchling. Only later, because of the friendship to the leafeaters that Chomper had established, they trusted the Valley to look after their son until Redclaw wouldn’t pose a constant threat to their child anymore one way or another. Now, he wasn’t quite a child anymore but still tolerated by most residents.

“Oh? A message from your parents?” Grandpa wondered in mild curiosity. “I guess the message is also of our concern then?”

“Of course it is, otherwise those half-grown troublemakers wouldn’t be bothering us here right now!” Cera’s father ranted though nobody was paying him attention.

“It is… kinda…” Chomper replied slowly. “They’re nearby so they would like to meet me… and my friends if they may come along…” Now it was out. Chomper wasn’t sure if he’d worded himself well enough for his words to make the right impact though.

“Oh, so this is what the meeting is all about,” Ducky’s Mother realised. “Does that mean that you and your friends would like to go into the Mysterious Beyond to accompany Chomper when he is visiting family, Ducky? Spike?”

“Yep yep yep…” Ducky affirmed quickly, supported by Spike who nodded and smiled. “Please do not get mad at us, Mommy…”

“We’ve been discussing a lot and we believe that we’re ready for such a task,” Littlefoot elaborated, sending a pleading glance into the small crows of adults around them.

“How do you think this is going to work?!” Mr. Threehorn shouted, more than just slightly enraged. “You can’t just go into the Mysterious Beyond all alone! It’s too dangerous and that’s all there’s to say! Humpff!”

“Hmm, I’m sure you wouldn’t ask us unless you really meant it…” Petrie’s mother mused. “It’s true that you’re not the little, defenseless bunch of troublemakers you used to be but it doesn’t change the fact that such a journey would be very dangerous. Even herds with dozens of members lose members to Sharpteeth sometimes; do you really think you’ll be fine if you meet some of them?”

“We’re aware of that,” Littlefoot responded quickly. “This was the point we had to think about the longest. How to avoid such an encounter and what to do if we can’t…”

“I can smell Sharpteeth before they get too close,” Chomper mentioned as Littlefoot breached the subject of how to keep themselves safe.

“And me keep eye on everything from sky,” Petrie jumped in as well. “If me see Sharpteeth, me alert friends so we can go other way than Sharpteeth. Me sure we be fine.”

“Chomper, your nose is very useful indeed but wouldn’t other Sharpteeth have the same ability as well?” Grandpa wondered in concern. “Even if you do manage to sense the presence of another Sharptooth before you actually see it, wouldn’t it be able to smell and track you down too?”

“I know, Grandpa,” Littlefoot admitted, speaking on Chomper’s behalf. “But I think we have an idea. Actually, it was Chomper who inspired it way back when we met him on his island…”

“Oh, the stinky place?” Ducky would never forget the stench of the plants that had grown there. “Yuck yuck yuck!”

“Yes, these flowers look pretty but they smell terrible and it’s even worse for a Sharptooth,” Littlefoot explained. “If we take a good amount of these with us, they won’t be able to smell anything but these… and avoid us!”

“And such a flower grows here?” Grandma asked, having never seen such a plant in the Great Valley yet.

“Yes, it does,” Ruby piped up. “Chomper smelled it in the outskirts of the Valley near Saurus Rock; near Saurus Rock he smelled it.”

“It happens to be the direction we need to go anyway,” Chomper added with a slight shrug.

Murmurs were spreading among the grown-ups. Soon, Grandpa spoke up again.

“I like the idea and I believe you when you say that it works against Sharpteeth but, Chomper, wouldn’t it also…”

“Hurt my sniffer?” Chomper completed the sentence. “Hardly, this stuff grew everywhere around my old home. I’m so used to it that I hardly notice the smell unless I put my focus on it.” “It still stinks like old dung though…”

“Oh, you really think this works?!” Mr. Threehorn inquired. “Such nonsense! And even if it works, there may be Sharpteeth who are used to it too or too hungry to care much! There is no safety in the Mysterious Beyond so you won’t go regardless!”

“Dad!” Cera shouted in annoyance. “You’ve taught me how to fight, didn’t you?!”

“Yes, I did, but…”

“We’ve all been training, even Petrie did! We’ve endured Thicknose’s boring lessons about strategies in all kind of herds! What else do we have to do until we’re “ready”!? Let us go already!”

“See, I think we’ve found a good formation to apply when being attacked,” Littlefoot interrupted the fight between the two Threehorns eventually, attempting to explain things in a more calm fashion.  “The key is to make use of our individual weapons to protect and support each other in combat. I realised this when old Thicknose mentioned that some mixed herds merely form to make use of the unique combat techniques of different kinds to make up of each kind’s weakness. We all have one, even you Threehorns do,” Littlefoot elaborated further. “We might not be fully grown so we still haven’t reached our full strength and we haven’t really been able to practice what we learned in a real fight yet but how are we ever to gain experiences then? If we work together, then we’ll be fine!”

“If I may point out…” Chomper spoke up. “Don’t you also fight like that when Sharpteeth sneak into the Valley somehow? I remember my parents mentioning that it’s twice as hard when you have to avoid the horns of a Threehorn and the long-range attacks of Longnecks at the same time.”

“Good point,” Petrie’s mother shortly acknowledged though staying reserved on the matter regardless.

“Also, we can still try to run away while Littlefoot and Spike keep any Sharpteeth at bay with their long tails,” Ruby mentioned.

“Believe us, we’ve thought about many scenarios,” Littlefoot promised, a slight hint of plead in his voice.

“Yes, we would not be asking you if we had not, oh no no no…” Ducky emphasized, trying her old, pleading face which had usually worked when she wanted something badly in past times. “Oh please please please…”

“How do you even know your parents aren’t just hungry and waiting for a free meal, huh?!” Mr. Threehorn ranted, trying to find something that would back him up, something that the youngsters hadn’t considered…

“Littlefoot saved me from drowning in the Big Water and they were watching!” Chomper answered in slight anger. “They would have lost me if it hadn’t been for him and they know that!”

“How far of a journey is it anyway?” Ducky’s mother wondered when Threehorn didn’t yell anything back.

“They’re residing in a cave at the northern edge of Redclaw’s territory; it’s about two days of travel, maybe three if we don’t walk at night too,” Chomper answered, pointing towards the northern edge of the Valley where Saurus Rock stood far in the distance. “We’ll come across a stream on the way there so chances are we can eat something on the way.”

“I just hope some of it is green too…” Ducky gave a light chuckle that some of the dinosaurs present joined in.

“Well then, I think I have come to a conclusion,” Grandpa Longneck suddenly spoke up loudly to get everyone’s attention again. “It is clear that our children have taken a lot of measures to ensure the success of their first travel into lands unknown. It would only be fair on our account to reward their hard work as well as their honesty with us, wouldn’t it?”

“Oh, really, Grandpa?!” Littlefoot could hardly trust his ears. Would he let them go?

“We got them, yes we did, Spiky!” Ducky already began cheering inwardly as she heard the approval on the lips of Littlefoot’s grandfather.

“Are you sure they will be fine, dear?” Grandma wondered, still worrying about the juvenile’s safety a little.

“Yes, I also think they’re strong enough and not as stupid as they used to be in old times and I have trust in their team work. If they face difficult situations together, they’re very strong.”

“Thanks Momma…” Petrie felt a little bit prideful at the words of his mother. When he considered how many quirks he had as a hatchling, he’d become a pretty good Flyer by now. Petrie was sure his mother wouldn’t let him go on this mission if she didn’t deem him ready to be fine on his own.

“I, too, approve of your plan, children,” Ducky’s mother commented with a warm smile. “Just be careful and make sure to eat and drink plenty before you go.”

“We will, mommy, we will, won’t we, Spike?” As if on cue, the Spiketail started to graze, causing everyone to snicker at the mute dinosaur’s antics. Everyone but Mr. Threehorn, that was.

“Why, we can’t just let them venture off!?” he ranted. “That’s suicide, that’s…”

“Relax, my friend,” Grandma spoke warmly. “Have faith in the abilities of your daughter, have faith in their teamwork. I’m sure they will make us proud.”

“Oh for the love of…” the old Threehorn was about to say but then thought better of it. “Don’t mess up. I didn’t raise you to end up as a snack for those pesky Sharpteeth, Cera!” With that, he stomped away angrily.

"E-excuse me?!" Chomper watched the parting Threehorn with a befuddled expression, not quite sure whether to feel offended or not.

“Well, some things never change, I suppose…” Grandpa said as soon as the Threehorn was out of sight, causing everybody to laugh at last. They had made it! They had managed to earn their parents’ trust and approval, now they only needed to prove that they were worthy of it!

“Okay, I suppose we all get ourselves a good dinner now,” Littlefoot proposed eventually.

“Yeah, won’t be able to do some fishing before we leave tomorrow…” Chomper sighed. “Well, seeya guys and thanks for coming with me. It’ll be awesome!”

“Take care, buddy, and see y’all!” Littlefoot exclaimed before the group finally dissolved under loud parting calls to prepare themselves for their first legal adventure in the Mysterious Beyond.

Well, I felt like such a chapter would make the story feel a bit more complete. Now onto the real shit, shall we? :lol

In all seriousness, though, now I can finally proceed to the fun part of the writing process *smirks*

Hope you liked this little dialogue and I guess I'll try to finish the next one tomorrow. TRY ^^spike

By the way, since Sovereign already referenced the title of this story earlier... what do you EXPECT to happen in this story? I'm curious to hear it all, yep, yep, yep :D

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Very awesome and well written chapter I really enjoyed it a ton. The plot was amazing and kept me very entertained

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Very entertaining chapter. The meeting scene in this chapter was done well.

(by the way, I'm still waiting for your advice you said you had when you posted on my PTSD thread)