The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Anime Rangers

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
First of all, I realize this is in no way related to Land Before Time, and I am sorry for posting the topic here. Please move this topic to wherever it best fits. I felt this was the place to post it here beauseit would become more noticable here. Also, I feel that I will get the best support from this website because you guys have already given me so much support from my first fanfic!

Anyway, I'm coming up with all these random ideas for another fanfic because, well, I love to write!

I thought about it, and I really want to write an anime/power rangers crossover, where five characters from five different anime's are brought together and become power rangers. I know for a fact that I will use Pokemon and YuGiOh, as they are the two anime's that I am most familiar with in terms of characters, but for the other three I am really stuck!

I plan on having the five original colors, red, blue, black, yellow, and pink, and maybe throw in a green ranger if I choose to. I have already secured Yugi from YuGiOh (Not Dark Yugi, but regular) and Ash from Pokemon, but I still need three other characters. If you guys could give any suggestions, I would really much appreciate it!

PS: I'm once again sorry for posting something non-LBT related in the wrong subforum. Please do with it what you must, but please don't delete it or lose it!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One idea is in the episodes of the power rangers I"ve seen is they have shirts and sometimes other clothes themed to their color, perhaps since it fits into anime, the character's hair can be the same color instead of just their shirt or maybe instead of their shirt, green hair, blue air, ect.  

Is any anime char ok, or do you prefer they be from a sentai anime?  Just asking for some of the anime experts we may have here.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
At this point, I don't really care which characters I use. Just as long as I can find three more characters, then I'm all set.

On the idea of color, if the characters have the same color hair, then I'm stuck. I wasn't planning on the characters wearing matching colors to their powers, but that probably is a must. If that's the case, I'm guessing Yugi would be the blue ranger, and Ash would be the black ranger.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is your story, I doubt you have to.  Do you prefer only recent anime, or anime from any decade?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a suggestion for one of the animes for you to use Eureka 7.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've never heard of that, but I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Anybody else have any thoughts, cause I'll take all the help I can get!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
If you want to get around the LBT-only rule, call it a "crossover" and have a single, tiny LBT reference. For example:

...The green Ranger karate kicks Yugi, unsurprisingly with perfect accuracy yet imperfect laws of physics. Yugi flips backward uncontrollably, losing control of his Trapar Wave reflection board, but his hairstyle remains unchanged. He graps the edge of the board despearately!

The Mortal Combat Voice rings out across the stadium: "FINISH HIM."

Pikachu, yelling the first syllable of his name repeatedly and in a squaky voice, blasts him with unrealistically-yellow electricity. He falls screaming to his death, (looking remarkably like Ducky in LBT 7)...

Bam. You got LBT in it, and now you never have to mention it again. Loopholes are your friend!

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I thank you for your suggestion, however I wouldn't really know the correct places to put in LBT references. Also, if I made the fanfic non LBT related, I would just post it in a different section. But I will definitely consider it.

Anyway, thanks again for your support! :lol:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
How about some older anime like Gatchaman, they have 5 characters you can pick, if any would fit your story and what you want to do.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks for the suggeston Kor!

I think I've chosen my cast for the first five rangers. Two of them will have different colored clothing than they normally have in the anime, but it's a change I'm willing to make because it's my story:

Yugi Moto - Red Ranger - YuGiOh

Ash Ketchum - Black Ranger - Pokemon

Sakura Haruno - Pink Ranger - Naruto

Sora Takenouchi - Yellow Ranger - Digimon

Renton Thurston - Blue Ranger - Eureka Seven

I am still pondering on whether I should have another ranger come in later, but this is what I have so far. Changes will be made to some of the characters' clothing to match my color choices, but that's my decision.