The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My fanfic idea

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have the main synopsis for a fanfic I was considering writing, but I want to know what you guys think of it beforehand, or if you any suggestions.

One night in the Mysterious Beyond, a slightly depressed Chomper wishes he had more sharptooth friends, as he only has a few. Unbeknownst to him, when he wishes this, he is leaning against the Stone of Cold Fire, and when he wakes up: something is seriously weird: he's back in the Great Valley, and all the leafeaters have been transformed into sharpteeth! Vice-versa, all the sharpeeth (except for Chomper and his parents) have been transformed into leafeaters.  No one except Chomper has any memories of the previous reality except for Chomper.  At first, he's enjoying having more friends of a smilar species, but a problem arises when he realizes his former sharpteeth friends (including his love interest) are in danger of becoming a meal for someone, he has to find and save them.

Notes: Unlike most works of fiction involving wishes, I don't plan to have the wish reversed at the end, so all the main characters would remain sharpteeth.

Any ideas or suggestions? I'd be glad to hear em.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
Now THAT would be interesting... the gang as sharpteeth, hmmm wonder if their personality would be affected.

I say you've got green light ;)
Go ahead, I would be interested to read something like that.

And (this might be far ahead) wonder what a sequel would be like.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here's what the gang's appearance and personalities would be like:
Littlefoot: Same type of rex as Chomper, slightly bigger than him, and still has the leader role of the gang.

Cera: Fast biter, Has the same kind of ego (Fastbiters are the best.) Tries to outhunt or out-anything the rest of the group.

Petire: Sharptooth flyer (Forgot the exact term.) Since in the alternate reality, he's a predator, he isn't as nervous, actually quite brave, but prone to do dumb things (though he's not dumb.)

Ducky: Swimming sharpotth (Again, forgot the term, could someone remind me.) Due tobeing bound to water unlike the leafeater version, she's not with the group all the time.  She's probably the calmest of them all.

Spike: belly dragger, suffers same lack of speech.  Likes to swipe the rest of the gang's food sometimes,  possibly the physically strongest, and though he can't talk, knows a lot, and good at coming up with plans.

Ruby: Also  a fastbiter, though different color than Cera.   Since there both sharpteeth now, has romantic feelings for Chomper. (Might make her his girlfriend, and his former sharptooth girlfriend just a friend.)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
How about, instead of making the whole story something real caused by the stone of Cold fire, making the whole story a dream of Chomper's?
That way you could avoid a couple of logical and coherence difficulties which the story would otherwise impose upon you. Perhaps in the dream rather than Chomper being the only one who remembers the others might remember too which would cause them having to face the steep learning curve of becoming sharpteeth all of a sudden. Considering the probable fact that Littlefoot and the others wouldn't WANT to be sharpteeth they might be seriously furious at Chomper in such a dream. There could be a kind of conclusion (moral) from that dream that makes Chomper really glad his friends are NO sharpteeth.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think a dream sequence is kinda cheap actually, and I hate it when movies/books/games/shows resort to that.  I was thinking about Chomper telling that about the previous reality, but of corse they wouldn't believe it. Plus it would put Chomper in another troublesome scenario: because his friends were now "always" sharpteeth (The stone would have the power to rewrite history in my fanfic), instead of being one sharptooth living among some leafeaters who probably don't trust him but they know he's nice, He'll be the only sharptooth in a group of many who likes leafeaters (As friends, of course.) When he tries to save his fromer sharptooth-now flatooth friends from getting eaten

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And also Malte279, not saying you had a bad suggestion or anything, but we already have an episode of the series with that moral for Chomper. It'd be funner if it went the opposite way

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
The idea is interesting, but I don't think I'd like the gang staying as sharpteeth. I would prefer a reversal, back to the way it was before. But it's your fanfic, so it's up to you.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I admit the idea is quite intriguing, I'd like to read and see how it turns out. I liked your idea, as I also liked Malte's suggestion and even if I am also able to give suggestions too, at the end it is your decision Brekclub85 since it is your storyline. But I like the way you asked for suggestions, that can really be of help I think.