The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Which Fan Fiction Characters do You Want to Meet?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This is not a fan fiction nor fan art. Nonetheless, this still seems like the best section for it. The theme is purely LBT fan work, after all. I saw an original character version of this, so I was inspired to do a fan character version of the idea. Like this thread’s predecessors, this is to discuss which LBT characters you’d like to meet and why. However, this thread is purely to discuss which fan fiction characters you’d like to meet and why. If you want to talk about an original character, I believe there are at least two threads elsewhere where such can be done.

Years ago, I was being silly and actually mentioned a fan fiction character in one of those threads. This time, I wanted to make an official place for such preferences, especially with the “GoF fan fiction boom” over the last several months. Please name the character, the type, what fan fiction he or she is from, and why you’d like to meet her. The author isn’t as needed as those since a lot of LBT fan fictions were not written by GoF members, so not everyone here is going to recognize every author. I may post here later when I recall some other ones, but here is my list to start:

Rita the longneck from Sharptooth Valley. She was a motherly kind of character and is very kind, friendly, calm, and logical. Her presence just makes you feel better. She just has this air about her that can calm you down and cheer you up. If she has kids, it’s very easy to see her trying to stop her kids from fighting while staying very serene and not harshly punishing them. That is not to say she would not be a strong parent, but rather, she could handle things so sweetly and wisely that her kids wouldn’t even need punishments to get things through their heads. She is my favorite LBT fan fiction character.

Shilva the sharptooth from Someone Like Me. Oddly enough, he is a peaceful sharptooth who avoids all fighting he feels is unnecessary, actually doing everything he can to stop a battle with an original character when that character attacked him first when Shilva could have easily won. I enjoy characters that go against the norms of their kind, especially if the difference can be viewed as admirable. With his nature, were I in that universe, I’d imagine we could have a friendly chat.

Rex the dracovol from Out of the Shadows. He is very easy-going, tries to be helpful, and puts a strong value on friendship. However, he has an inner struggle that consumes him for a while, something I can truly understand. He hates seeing others get hurt and struggles with being different at times. I think chats with him would really be good for the both of us to let things out. He presses on despite the challenges and so has my admiration.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
How about you make this a game in which people have to choose the options of fanfiction characters that they want to meet. And when they reply, they choose the characters and then they pick out their fave lbt fanfiction characters for the next person to pick and so on. For Example

I would like to meet Rita. She sounds pretty nice and I'm sure she'll make a lovely mother if I was orphaned.

Now my turn.

Devon from Lost in a Forest and Always the Same Sun: He's a blue cearadactylus who's the son of Sierra but looks at Pterano as a father instead of him. He's quite shy when you first meet him. But once you get to know him, he can be very kind and caring. But if you met him before he met Pterano, he'd beat ya like pinata.  :lol

Haylie from Always the Same Sun: (I know...I don't read much XD) She's kinda like Rita, except she has a temper. She doesn't use it much but when she's forced to, she'll come out at ya. She's also the mate of Pterano that Pterano thought he lost. But she appeared to be alive and well.

Ok, I'm done.  :)
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
How about you make this a game in which people have to choose the options of fanfiction characters that they want to meet. And when they reply, they choose the characters and then they pick out their fave lbt fanfiction characters for the next person to pick and so on.

I am very sorry, I may just be tired from my day, but I don’t think I understand. I am going to try putting your suggestion in my own words to make sure I got it right:

People say anything about the characters they like. Then after they say who they like, they have to give a list of fan fiction characters that the next poster has to choose from.

Did I understand that right? Either way, though, I set this up as a discussion, not a game. Were it to be a game, I would have put it in the party room. The reason I asked people to say the character, the type, the fan fiction, and so on is so people reading this can really understand the characters you like and where to look if they want to read about them. The original character thread was not a game and worked out very well, and that is why I did not make this one a game either. If people are not fond of things that are set up for a thread, they are not forced to post in it.

If threads in the party room with guidelines are not followed, they won’t work. Thread creators set a list of guidelines so the thread can function as best as possible. If someone makes a game where you have to figure out certain numbers, then someone comes along and starts mentioning letters just for the sake of it being more fun, the game will be thrown out of whack. If a discussion thread is made about why Littlefoot and Ali should be a couple, and then someone comes in and starts talking about why Littlefoot’s grandfather must be older than his mate, the thread is not fulfilled as intended. When guidelines are made, people can either accept them or make a thread with guidelines they prefer. It is like raid leaders in World of Warcraft. If a raid leader says that certain bosses are going to be skipped, unhappiness from the raiders can only be pointed at the raiders themselves for coming along anyway.

Those who make threads establish what is done in the thread so there can be order and little to no confusion. I wrote this the way I think the message can best be gotten across, and if you feel a game should be made based off this theme, you’re more than welcome to make a new thread in the party room, and Iëm sure it will be a great game. This thread, though, is a discussion one that was set up to give people a clear view of what the responses are.