The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

So With the Wii U Coming Next Month

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
With the Wii U just weeks away from release, that means for some people, it'll be time to bid adieu to the Wii. With that said, what did you guys think of the Wii? Was it a good console? Was it not? Did it have good games or was it just shovelware like a lot of people say?

Personally, I thought the Wii was pretty good, I just think that its full potential was never realized. It had a lot of good games( The No More Heroes series, The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Mario Galaxy 2, Skyward Sword, etc.) some of which couldn't be found on other consoles. The system could have stood to be a little more powerful but Nintendo looks to be making up for that with Wii U.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I never bought a wii, but that's mainly because there weren't any games on there that sparked my interest. Sure, a new mario kart and several new zelda games, but that would not be a reason for me to actually buy the console. I do have a Wii now (present) and do enjoy the console. Really loved playing Kirby's Epic Yarn and I have to admit the mario kart online racing is much more fun than I had expected. I didn't like the fact that the graphics were so low, and that they were focusing on DSi/XL/3DS while they could have created a new Wii with a more powerful core. (Since in my opinion, the DSi did not bring a lot of new features...)

As for the Wii U, I'll have to see if they bring out any interesting games. What I'd personally love to see is a pokemon game where you can visit all 5 regions and have a first-person view. At least give us the graphics of pokemon battle revolution and actually make a game that's worth playing. If they would make such a game, I'd definitely get the Wii U.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think I'm gonna hold off on the Wii U for a bit. I'll just keep getting wii games, as there's a ton I haven't yet played that I want to.
 I just got Xenoblade, and having a lot of fun with that.

I think the Wii was pretty good too.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Looks like GameStop isn't taking preorders even though it's only a month away from release.  I just hope Nintendo learned its lesson with the Wii by keeping more in stock than just five at a time.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
As far as I'm concerned, the Wii is the best console ever created, and no, I don't if the wet blankets bash for me for saying that.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I recall I was very uncomfortable with the Wii at first. I wasn't sure how I could deal using a controller that looked more like a remote. It didn't help that I never got a chance to practice beforehand; no Walmart had a set up, probably because of the distance required for it.

But when I brother got it, I finally got to try it out. I forget how long it took me to get the hang of it. Probably not too long. I adjusted to it just fine and haven't had any real issues, other than Okami, a PS2 game ported to the Wii. The motion controls didn't translate completely well, so sometimes I had issues.

I also had some trouble in Metroid Prime 3 because I suck at aiming freehandedly. I solved that issue by changing a setting in the game itself to enable lock on, although this does not work for bosses.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The Wii will always be the Father of motion control gaming in my eyes. Having said that, their was so much wasted potential in terms of the hardcore gaming with the system. The motion controls worked great with many games. The only problem was a lot of them were more family oriented. There just wasn't enough for the hardcore gamer to get invested, even though there are a bunch of great games out there. I feel the Wii reached it's peak way too late with Skyward Sword, and I feel that if Nintendo had continued working on developing more titles other than putting out the 3DS, then maybe it could have survived a little longer.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: vonboy,Oct 13 2012 on  04:56 AM
I think I'm gonna hold off on the Wii U for a bit. I'll just keep getting wii games, as there's a ton I haven't yet played that I want to.
 I just got Xenoblade, and having a lot of fun with that.

I think the Wii was pretty good too.
Same here. There's just no Wii U games right now that interest me. I've already played, loved, and beaten, in that order, Batman Arkham City, Super Mario Bros. U looks too much like the other New Super Mario Bros. games, I was never really much of a Pikmin fan(Even though I've played the first two), and ZombiU doesn't sound all that interesting at the moment.

How far are you in Xenoblade?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I honestly won't get a WiiU until Smash Bros comes out. Right now, there's nothing that really grabs me. ZombieU does look cool, and the fact that Ninja Gaiden 3 is being reformatted to what it is supposed to be like is very nice, but neither of those really grab me enough to get the WiiU. Besides, I just got a PS3 for Christmas, so I'm trying to get more into the exclusives on that system.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think I'll hold off until I hear about Mario Kart Wii U

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I probably will end up getting a Wii U but not on release day. Whilst the main catalogue of games have been, let's face it, ports of games already released by the time it comes out, I can say that I would quite like to play one. Some of the 1st party games look quite interesting like Nintendoland, Mario Bros Wii U and the like but some of the other exclusives like ZombiU looks quite good fun. I like the idea of when you character gets nobbled, you have to fetch your stuff from your former, now zombified, avatar. The new Smash Bros sounds good but I just hope and pray that Namco Bandai don't turn it into a "Marvel Vs Capcom" style with a huge influx of characters they have in their libraries. One or two maybe but I'd be disappointed if it suddenly became "Nintendo Vs Tales Universe". Still, got high hopes for it seeing as a lot of the Hal Labs team will be working alongside Namco Bandai during its development.

So yeah. Not right now but can be sure to have one soon. Does anyone know how far backwards compatible it is? I heard that apparently it doesn't play Gamecube games which would be a shame.