The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Telltale's The Walking Dead

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I just finished playing it, and it's really good. Each story is pretty short, only about 15 minutes, but they give you a nice feel of the new characters and there's some pretty tough choices to make. It's definitely a good warm up to the next part of the story, but be warned: it'll make you so much more impatient for season 2  :lol

Oh, how I wish I could play 400 Days, but I can't. For the 11th time since I have bought the game, my saves have been effed up. I'm really done playing the game over again. It was okay the first few times, but then it just got tedious. Technically, I can play 400 Days, but every time that "Generate choices for skipped episodes?" pops up, I get aggravated.

I don't know what system you're playing on, but I play it on the xbox 360 and I had a similar problem. You could try starting to play it, then mid-game sign out of your profile and sign back in. It'll send you back to the main menu, and your saves should be back there. Sorry if you aren't playing on the xbox though, don't know any other fixes.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: bushwacked,Jul 5 2013 on  05:05 PM

Oh, how I wish I could play 400 Days, but I can't. For the 11th time since I have bought the game, my saves have been effed up. I'm really done playing the game over again. It was okay the first few times, but then it just got tedious. Technically, I can play 400 Days, but every time that "Generate choices for skipped episodes?" pops up, I get aggravated.

I don't know what system you're playing on, but I play it on the xbox 360 and I had a similar problem. You could try starting to play it, then mid-game sign out of your profile and sign back in. It'll send you back to the main menu, and your saves should be back there. Sorry if you aren't playing on the xbox though, don't know any other fixes.
I'm playing on the PC. I've done all the workarounds for it, but no matter what, the saves just go bad.

Edit: Well, figured out the problem, after all this time. Apparently, the game is reading from and saving to two different save files, one in My Documents and another in the Profile folder in the game files. Looks like I'll be able to play 400 Days after all.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So I've played 4 of the 5 character episodes and...well...I can't seem to gather a coherent opinion. One thing I liked, though, was how quickly I got sucked into the situations. The choices were more difficult than some of the ones I had to make in the core game, in my opinion. I can't wait to see what Telltale Games does with Season 2.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
So having played all five characters, here are my thoughts on them. Be warned, there could be potential spoilers. Now, I'm discussing these in the order in which I played. I know it's technically not going to be the correct order.

Russell: So far I think Russell's an alright character. Nate was an absolute psychopath who seemed to have more than one screw loose. I wonder if he was always like that or if the zombie apocalypse made him that way. One thing I didn't like was how Russell, after telling off Nate at the diner, just leaves him alone with the wounded old man and woman. Seriously kid? You're going to leave THAT guy, a guy who delighted at the thought of killing a helpless old couple alone with them? I thought that was incredibly stupid on his part.

Bonnie: When I first played Bonnie's story, I thought Leland was Herschel (They kind of look and sound alike). The bit at the beginning with Bonnie and Leland discussing whether they'd rather have lobster claws or a snake for a tongue was pretty funny. Not any really bad with this part except by the end, I felt pretty bad for Leland's wife, Dee. I played Bonnie's story again to see if there was a way that I didn't have to kill Dee but sadly there wasn't. One last note of interest but I remember Bonnie mentioning that she was a drug addict who Leland and Dee found. In that case, what did they do before the zombie apocalypse? If they "found" her, might that mean they worked at a clinic?

Shel: My favorite of the five stories. It was neat getting to see the cancer survivors from Savannah again and we also find out what happened to Vernon after the events of the fifth episode. In addition to the cancer survivors and Shel, we also meet Shel's friend Stephanie, her little sister Becca, and Roman who used to go bowling with his cousin Niko. Actually, this Roman used to be in a band(nothing much else is revealed about him past that). So far, this was the only story that actually made me feel sad. The other stories, while they were well told, just didn't have as much emotion behind it as this one did. The choices in this story were by far the hardest to make.

Vince: His story is my second favorite. Keep your eye out at the beginning of his story for a certain someone's family's drug store. Vince's story is perhaps for the most part, the most uneventful seeing as how it takes place primarily on a prison bus but it was still pretty good. Not really much to say about it.

Wyatt: Now, is it just me or does Wyatt look exactly like The Amazing Atheist? Same hair, same beard. If I never heard his name, I would've assumed they made a character based off him. Anyway, his story is my least favorite. It's not bad just...not as good as the others. Basically, Wyatt and his buddy Eddie are on the run from some guy(revealed to be Nate from Russell's story), they hit someone and then, through a game of rock-paper-scissors, either Wyatt or Eddie goes to investigate whether it was a walker or a human. Again, not much to say.

In all, I thought it was a very enjoyable add on. Got me hyped up for season two. I have to wonder what this place is that Tavia mentioned at the end. I'm certain there's more to this mystery place than she's letting on. After all, if there's anything I learned from The Walking Dead game and comic, it's that if something's too good to be true in that universe, it usually is.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh my, the trailer's got me so excited for it  :D Playing as Clementine is going to throw in some interesting situations for sure.

In the picture of her at the table, is the guy sitting opposite Nate? I smell trouble if it is.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If it is, it will get interesting. If ever there was a character I would definitely kill if given the chance, it would be him. I find it intriguing that Clem looks about the same age, but she seems more grown up. In season 1, she still had that look of innocence, even at the end of "No Time Left." In the trailer, she looks like she has been through a lot since that final moment with Lee. It will be very interesting to see where Telltale takes her story.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Bumping this with a new trailer for the 6th episode "All That Remains"
"All That Remains".

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ohh so excited! My boyfriend and I have just been playing through the first season again to have the story fresh in mind. :)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm really excited for this, too  :lol: From the trailer, it looks like the first episode will be pretty heavy!

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"All That Remains" releases today for Steam and PSN platforms. It will release tomorrow for XBLA.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm so jealous of the people who can play it today  :anger Still looking to see if any reviews come out for it soon.