The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Iron-Man of Gaming 2008

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
With Ironmanofgaming.com launching tomorrow (or a little later, so don't get upset if you don't see it tomorrow) its time to blow the lid on what this is all about.

So what is "The Iron-Man of Gaming"?

It's not a tournament where you play in one game, but an event where gamers will play in 10 different games. Screwattack.com isn't looking for the best at one game, but the best at all games. You'll be playing on all Consoles, all Genres and all Eras. Gamers will compete for $10,000 in cash and other prizes, as well as "The Iron-Man of Gaming" Championship Belt.

What games will you play at "The Iron-Man of Gaming"?

As of now, it is known that you will play 5 Classic, 4 Current and 1 Mystery Game. What games exactly? You'll get Weekly Updates every Wednesday at Ironmanofgaming.com on what Classic games will be played, as well as get to vote on the Current games via Gamer's Choice option. So when the time comes, go there and make your vote count.

What about the "Mystery Game"?

You won't find that out until the event starts.

What if I don't want to compete for cash and prizes?

Hey, that's cool! Come by anyways just to play at what is being made to be the biggest gaming event ever! (There will even be games that aren't part of the event you can play on just for fun.) You'll also get to see favorites from Screwattack.com like Handsome Tom, Studdering Craig and The Angry Video Game Nerd.

When does it happen?

Official Date is June 19 to 22 this year. Start making plans for that big day.

Where will it be?

At the "Grapevine Convention Center" in Dallas, Texas.

That's all the information I currently have on it. If you're willing to become the best, we'll see ya there! :^.^:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i've heard of this before and it would be fun to participate, but i don't think i would be willing to travel to Texas for it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Never heard of it, but it does sound interesting.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, the site is FINALLY up. (Took forever, dang it! -_-)

The first Classic game to be played there has been announced as well.

It is a game so tough, Nintendo never released the original format outside Japan:  Super Mario Bros.:  The Lost Levels

Wow, that's one TOUGH game. (Even if you're by some chance good at it, I bet it's STILL hard.) Took me FOREVER to get past the 4-1 Spring jump. (I must've died at least a thousand times before finally getting past it and beating the board.  So glad they set it up to save after EVERY board you beat.)

Anyways, it'll be played on the SNES via Super Mario All-Stars.  Official rules as to HOW it will be played will be up tomorrow.

Well, those of you who have it better get practicing.  It is one tough game in itself.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If they post the videos it'll be fun for some to just watch.  If some have the games they could try to pretend they are in the contest, even much later after it is over.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I remember the first Iron Man last year.  It was created by Stuttering Craig and Handsome Tom, the heads of Screwattack.com.  The greatest video game website in the entire world.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Official rules for Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels:

1. Best of three lives or eight minutes through 1-1 to 1-4, highest score receives the most points.
2. Either Mario or Luigi can be used.
3. Only registered competitors are allowed to participate in the tournament. Should there any unregistered
competitors in the tournament, you will be disqualified.
4. Using any glitch or 1up trick and you will be disqualified.
5. Using any warp pipe and you will be disqualified.
6. If you are not on time within 10 minutes you are disqualified.
7. Competitors and spectators must be mindful of the other matches taking place during their competitions. While
emotions can run high, competitors are expected to respect others' right to uninterrupted matches. Competitors
must not disrupt other matches with boisterous behavior. Anyone causing disruptions to other matches will receive
one initial warning. If the behavior continues, the player and or persons will be removed from the tournament area
causing the match to forfeit.
8. All games in the Iron-Man are weighted evenly.

9. BYOC is allowed.

--------

Just as I suspected, no using glitches or tricks that will render you extra points.

Well, those are the rules.

Anyone willing to compete, please practice by them. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Current Racing Games Poll Choices:

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (ps3)

Project Gotham 4 (360)

Ridge Racer 7 (ps3)

Excite Truck (wii)

Need for Speed Pro Street (ps3)

Forza Motorsport 2 (360)

Mario Kart (wii)

Rules:

All votes will be made at the ScrewAttack Forums at ScrewAttack.com.

All voting results are kept private until the voting process ends.

You can only vote once and for only one game, so make it count.

The ones with the most votes wins.

You have until Feb. 26 to vote.

Good luck in making your vote count. :)