The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

MarioKart Wii!

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
YES!!!!

mariokart wii has been released in europe!  B)  B)  B)  B)  :yes  :yes  :yes

soon i will drive like a drugsdealer who's on the run for the police :DD

and the bestest of all, he's not released YET in the US :nyah

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Realeaed in Swedish EB stores today! Yipie!

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It won't be in the US until the 27th, but there are some stores that have worked things out with Nintendo and have gotten the rights to launch it a few hours before the official release date.

GameStop and GameCrazy are your best bets to getting an early launch edition.

Besides, I'm not surprised Nintendo set up the date so late for the US.  I mean, seriously, the game's going to be as big as Brawl for crying out loud!

So Littlefoot1616, can you tell us a bit about the game or are you going to torcure us and not tell us anything? :)

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
So, MKWii is now released here.
I don't have the game yet, though.

But as far as I could read something on a website, there are already cheaters in MK.
They are faking scores of a race by using a bug.
Something with finish the first lap and turn around with the "Wrong Way" sign and then just standing there. o.O

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
do you need something for WIFI play on the wii?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Apr 12 2008 on  11:50 AM
So Littlefoot1616, can you tell us a bit about the game or are you going to torcure us and not tell us anything? :)
I'm never one to give away plot spoilers pokeplayer ;) Against the gamer's code!  :^.^: I will say this much though, there's a good mix of new and retro tracks from right across MK's history (right back from the SNES days) which is great for the nostalgics among us ;) The rumour about "snaking" being removed is more of a half-truth. It hasn't been eliminated totally...it's just a lot harder to pull off coz you have to drift for longer in order to get the "mini-turbo" as it's call in this one.

As for Wi-Fi, the gameplay's great. Hardly any lag and you can take a guest online with you. So it's all the funs of multiplayer but just you in the room  :lol You are ranked (starting from 5000) and depending on wins or losses altered your ranking. I'm about 5300 at the mo. I'm not sure if all this is the same for Brawl but this is how it works for MK.

do you need something for WIFI play on the wii?

As long as you have a broadband connection plus a wireless router or Nintendo's adapter cable to plug into a router, Wi-Fi is a doddle. My connection is wireless and it runs every bit as smooth as if I were connected via wire.

So, the 27th eh? Roll on I say! It'll be great to race you guys seeing as Brawl's not due here for another possible month. I can see it now...GOF MK race rooms over the Ninty Network... :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
kjeldo...all you need is a broadband internet connection. There are 2 ways to play Mario Kart online (or any other Wi-Fi enabled Wii game for that matter)

1. With a wireless router, you can set your Wii to connect to your router that way.
2. Nintendo have a network adapter that you plug directly into your router enabling you to get online that way.

I'm pretty sure there are third party adapters that do the same job but there is an Ninty official one.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So, the 27th eh? Roll on I say! It'll be great to race you guys seeing as Brawl's not due here for another possible month. I can see it now...GOF MK race rooms over the Ninty Network...
Especially since we can have up to 12 people racing at once, its gonna be a blast! :DD

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Especially since we can have up to 12 people racing at once, its gonna be a blast! 
I'm looking forward to it!

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
alight, got it!!! :D

P,S: i'm looking forward to it to!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I've got the game and I've been enjoying it in the less than one day that I've had it.

This is one of the most fun Mariokart games to date.  So far, I've been switching off between Toad, Peach, Baby Peach and Yoshi.  However, once I unlock Toadette, she'll be my main choice.

I've been able to unlock King Boo and I am working my way up.  It took me a bit to figure out that it was the Control PAD that makes you do the tricks.

I've even gone through the online experience.  So far my rankings have been as follows: 4th, 3rd, 4th, 1st.  With the first three, I chose Toad and picked a bike.  While with the last one, I still chose Toad and went with a cart.  A much better choice I must say.  The players saw my skill and knew I wasn't holding back.

I seriously can't wait to get my main charcter.  Then I'll rule you all! :D

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
YES!!!!(again) :D  :D  B)

i got my own nintendo wii! yes! yes! the only sad thing is: without mario kart wii, but not for long, if i can get wifi, see you on the road! B)

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Still practicing with the Wiiwheel. It's so much fun. =)
I will main Luigi or maybe Rosalina.
After I get all cups with a star, I'm going to kart online. :^_^:

Laters.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My character is, and always has, is Yoshi, and ive been practicing with using a bike. Also, i still prefer the Gamecube controller over the Wiiwheel.

After I get all cups with a star, I'm going to kart online
Is that including all cc's (50, 100, 150, Mirror 150) because the different cc's also determine the  CPU's difficulty( at least for Grand Prix). So far ive gotten 2-3 stars on all cups on 50 and 100cc and ive been doing really well online, getting 1st place in the majority of the races. I got to strap down and do 150cc and Mirror as ive been getting lazy these past couple of days.

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well, despite weeks of the entire country being sold out, I finally managed to catch Amazon UK with a copy in stock. It should be here in under a week.