The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Memories of a great Games...

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Some games just leaves special tracks and memories behind... (No, I'm no geek)
I have a few, but one is nr.1.

That games is Dark Cloud, an RPG for PS2 that was released in 2000.

Awsome story, great gameplay, easy, cool, fun this game had it all.

But what takes the ult price is the soundtracks.
I'll not post all of em' here, but this one is imo the best peice of RP gaming music ever made...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqsKLaNcBzQ

And a gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWTH5UMjnxA

Post yours here!

/Lillefot
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know, there's just SO many games.

Even this vid doesn't name all of the games I played back then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Euhwax44Ng

There's just too many. :P:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm...

SNES
Donkey Kong Country (1 and 2.  Great gameplay...great soundtracks...:))
Super Mario RPG (the first RPG I ever completed)
Earthbound (the 2nd and last RPG I ever completed :p)
Claymates (This was just cool!)
Clayfighter (come on...you can fight as Elvis and throw your hair at people!)

N64
Super Mario 64 (I wish the newer Mario platform games were more like this one.  I wasn't a fan of Mario Galaxy at all)
Pilotwings 64 (heard rumors of a Wii sequel but I can't seem to confirm that anywhere)
Blast Corps (a sequel (or even an update with new content) to this game would make me happy!)
Snowboard Kids (I don't know why, I just fell absolutely in love with this game, especially as a kid when it first came out!  The soundtrack in SBK and SBK 2 were so unique, too (simplistic but still unique).)
Mario Party 1/2 (Grab bag: Best. Minigame. Ever!)

Dreamcast
Sonic Adventure, until now when I'm stuck trying to get some of the A badges. :p

PS3
Rock Band. (It's Rock Band.  What more do I need to say? :p)

PC
Stepmania (free version of DDR for PC.  Totally customizable and fantastic development for a free project...better than most commercial projects, actually!)
Turok: Dinosaur hunter (Fantastic game for its time, cool concept, I still enjoy it but I've beaten it on 'hard'with no automap so it's hard to go back and play it again)
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil.  I still haven't gotten around to finishing it but I love it!  Great variety of HUGE weapons which you can blow both CPU enemies and human players to smithereens with...and none of this "I can only carry two weapons at a time" stuff from sooo many modern games (I'm tired of realistic games...I want more games like this)!  Let me carry 25 cool weapons at once and kill things excessively!  This is why I still play Turok 2. :p

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
All great games guys (of those in your list that I've played too  :wow )

FFX, I think this is the best RP I ever played. I hope i don't have to explain it more than that. FFX, ultimate!  B)

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I really liked Matrix, the path of Neo and Final Fantasy VII. These one have a cool story line. Oh, and don¥t forget the Jak and Daxter Trylogie :p. All for PS 2

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Kingdom Hearts has left the greatest memories for me. The 3rd Installment is also my most anticipated of any other game.

Some other games are the Banjo series, the Silent Hill series, and of course The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Funny enough, for every one of these games mentioned in my post, a big reason why they're so memorable to me is because of the soundtracks. I think the music in a game has a bigger impact on you than anything else.

There are more, but I don't think I could list them all.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Super Mario All-Stars for me. That's the compilation cartridge that will always have a special place in my heart.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
mario kart 64 'sigh'good times, always playing with my bro, snif B)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
007 Goldeneye for N64, is that easy!  :P:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here are my special games:

Nintendo:
*Super Mario Brothers one, two and three
*Kickmaster

Super Nintendo:
*Super Mario All-Stars
*Super Mario World(Yoshi  :wub:!)
*Donkey Kong Country

Sega Genesis:
*Sonic the Hedgehog two
*Jurassic Park
*Jurassic Park:Rampage Edition
*Streets of Rage one, two and three
*Mortal Kombat one, two and three
*Super Street Fighter
*Mickey Mouse:World of Illusion
*The Lion King
*Aladdin
*The Jungle Book
*Battle Toads & Double Dragon

PlayStation:
*Need for Speed
*Jurassic Park:Warpath
*Crash Team Racing
*Crash Bandicoot Warped
*Land Before Time games
*Southpark(it's not nearly as bad as the series :p)
*Spyro:Ripto's Rage

XBox:
*Mortal Kombat:Armageddon
*Need for Speed:Underground
*Tony Hawk's Underground
*Tony Hawk's Underground:World Destruction Tour
*Tetris

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
one of my many special games. Ace Combat 04 Shattered Skies. Why you ask? The music is just so amazing and beautiful. The storyline is also great. Here are some examples of the music.

Megalith (Plays during last mission)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hBosWTbPko
USEA National Anthem also known as Hymn To Liberty (plays after just after finishing Invincible Fleet)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhklrTg4ipU
And Stonehenge another great song from AC04!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGAJNxyPpqw There are many songs from AC04 all of them epic.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Lets see, Super Nintendo:
-Super Mario World (This got me into gaming)
-Super Metroid (this replaced SMW when it came out. A large chunk of my Childhood was devoted to this game)
-Donkey Kong Country
-Super Mario All-star
-Super Mario Kart

Nintendo 64:
-Super Mario 64
-Banjo Kazooie
-Goldeneye
-Smash Bros. (The only reason i wanted to play this game when i heard about it was that i could play as Samus)
-Ocarina of Time (This is when i fell in love with the Zelda series)
-Turok: Rage Wars (A turok game that focused mainly on multiplayer, also had a raptor as a playable character!)

PC:
-Diablo II
-UT 2k4 (still my favorite FPS)

Thats all i can think of right now.

Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. I still haven't gotten around to finishing it but I love it! Great variety of HUGE weapons which you can blow both CPU enemies and human players to smithereens with
Hehe, 2 words... Cerebrial Bore  :lol  :lol:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think I'm going to have to add Mario Kart Wii to my list.  Multiplayer is just *that* awesome! :D

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Wow...  Where do I begin?

NES:
Contra (this was the first game I played, and it took me over ten years to finally beat it without cheating or dying!)
Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3 (although, the American 2 was actually based off of some other game; Doki Doki Panic Attack, I think...  The Japanese 2 was REALLY hard; released on SNES later under Super Mario All-Stars as Super Mario - The Lost Levels, if I'm not mistaken...)
Freedom Force (yeah, Zapper goodness!  I used to play this with my mom a lot... :cry )
The Adventures of Bayou Billy (I remember this a little bit from my childhood; Game Genie, anyone?  Good soundtrack too!)
Life Force (good music, good game!  Another good one from Konami!)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 and 2; I haven't played much of 3.  (Oh man, I grew up on those!  So MANY NES games I grew up on! :huh: *nostalgia*)
Kung Fu (man, that game's cool!  For some reason, I always liked the third level boss, and his deep laugh if he defeated you!  Rumor has it, that you can fight Thomas' girlfriend IF you can beat the game 50 times...  I don't personally know...)

SNES:
Chrono Trigger (one of the best RPGs EVER, IMO.  But, the translation left something to be desired!  There IS a patch that faithfully retranslates it from the Japanese, but you need a ROM too...)
Street Fighter II, and actually, all variants of Street Fighter (Shoryuken!!)
Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3 (Finish Him!  *bloody mess, horrifying scream*  Fatality!  Actually, the SNES version of 1 didn't have any blood, but the Arcade did, and the Genesis had a secret code for it - A B A C A B B...)

Pac-Man, and all variants (I actually HAVE an authentic Pac-Man arcade machine sitting at the apartment...  Definitely a keeper!)

PS1:
Chrono Trigger (again...  Good FMVs, but the thing loads horribly!)
Chrono Cross (oh man, that's a good game!)

PC:
Doom, and all its variants (keep on rockin,' baby!  Yeah!  Doom's my favorite one, hands DOWN!  Still making the occasional map for it, too!)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...