The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Nintendo DSi

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't really consider the removal of the GBA slot as a true downgrade, to be honest. So long as you have a GBA anyway, I don't really see the big deal with the removal of the GBA slot.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nintendo sees it as better since it slightly slims the dsi and maybe reduces the weight a bit and for them it is another added benefit in that like the wii they can sell you games that you can download to play on the dsi.  I would assume they'll do an indentical service as with the wii with it having former game boy, game boy color, gba and maybe some other hand held games like ones for the lynx, game gear and others.

I wonder how long it'll take the folks to figure out a way to hack the dsi so they can do some of their own homebrew to run on it, stuff like linux on the dsi, media players and other things.  Like you can get quite a few programs that run on flashcards on the ds today.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i have barely to no interest in the dsi since it only has a wii-like channel interface when you put him on and it has the most useless extra in my opinion. a camera.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree, in my case.  I listen to a ds podcast and they were raving about certain features, and they are ones I'd never use.  The cameras & that it seems most of the increase in processing power is used for that, and the fact it can record 10 seconds of audio & that you can alter the picture or audio it recorded.  More features I would never use.  I've looked into it and it does not have any features I'd be interested in, but I think I went into that part before.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This seems like it has some nice features, like downloadable content, but nothing that's not on a PSP. I love the DS and all, but I think I've pretty much played every game I want to on it. I'm thinking about getting a PSP, if only for its library of Star Wars titles.