The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

BioShock 2

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
BioShock 2 is coming out this fall and I can hardly wait.  The first game was completely awesome and from what I've heard, the second game will expand upon what the first game did and introduce some completely new things.  For example:  Spoilers below!

1. You play as a Big Daddy and can use the drill and rivet gun, as well as plasmids.

2. You can combine plasmid powers to make new ones, which was exactly what I wanted after the first game.  

3. There is something called the Big Sister, which is taking little girls and turning them into little sisters.  Apparently she is the bad guy.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting.  I heard, maybe spoilers:

that it would be set earlier in the days of the place.  During the last part of the golden age and as it falls.  It could explain how that bathesphere was there in the first game.  Though who knows if that is true or a false rumor.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
First Time hearing about that Game, with Guns it sounds interesting.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Yeah, I real about it in the latest GameInformer issue. It looks like a pretty cool game.
Its not set during the golden days of Rapture. It takes place after the first game. The plot is one of the Little Sisters you rescue returned to that God forsaken city and morphed herself into the Big Sister and has been kidnapping little girls and turning them into Little Sisters. She does this to return things to how they were before, because evidently, life with Jack just wasn't extreme enough for her.
Now you play as a Rogue Big Brother who opposed her.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I heard that it was set back in the early days of Rapture where you play as one of the early Big Daddies ever made. But at the time, the Big Sisters were also in circulation and were the main defenders of the Little Sisters. The story transition goes that eventually you wipe out the Big Sisters and the Big Daddies take over as governing bodies of the Little Sisters. That's what I heard anyway...nothing confirmed as of yet apart from what has already been established in F-14 Ace's post...

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
From what I've heard, the game has been delayed until march 2010. :cry   Oh well.  I don't want it to suck because it was rushed.

DualXz

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I haven't even played Bioshock, which I would like to do.
I just saw Bioshock and F.E.A.R 2 together in the stand... tormenting me for not having a PS3...
When I buy one, if possible, I'll try to buy one with those two games alredy  :p
A shame if the game is really delayed till 2010, my cousin was really eager to buy it, poor guy :p (serves him right :lol )

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Aw crap!  I wanted to get it for Christmas!  Oh well.  I'm still getting Arkham Asylum and Modern Warfare 2.

Andy-rex

• Ruby
    • View Profile
From what i've heard theres a new dialogue system

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has anyone seen the new trailers?

Gameplay trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e-Sjkdjcx4

Multiplayer trailer.   Playing as a Rosie is gonna rock!  I just hope it is only available at higher levels so that n00bs can't get a hold of it, otherwise the nail gun will just become another n00btube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VrPqB6vxBA

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does look like a cool game indeed.  Thanks for the links.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Dec 20 2009 on  02:09 AM
Multiplayer trailer.   Playing as a Rosie is gonna rock!  I just hope it is only available at higher levels so that n00bs can't get a hold of it, otherwise the nail gun will just become another n00btube.
Are you referring to people who are simply new?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, I picked up this game today and played the firsg three levels.  From what I've seen so far, this game is awesome.  I love the drill and the chain gun.  The hacking minigame is definately better than it was in the first game, especially remote hacking, and the overall atmosphere is just so dark.  It is cool to see how Rapture has changed in the eight years since the first game.  However, at the rate the city is deteriorating, one has to wonder what will be left of it by the time BioShock 3 comes out.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I've flipped this game, but it was EPIC nonetheless. The dark atmosphere, the enemies including the Big Sister, she was indeed the worst of them all. Even on the easiest difficulty she still whipped me good the first time I fought her. :lol I look back on it now and laugh.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^
I noticed that the enemies in this game were a lot tougher.  However, the brute splicers were fairly easy to take down once I unlocked the drill charge attack.  The big sisters on the other hand were a pain in the rear.  The only thing I'll criticize about this game is the inability to go back to previous levels.  Other than that it is all good.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,Feb 26 2010 on  08:17 PM
Even on the easiest difficulty she still whipped me good the first time I fought her. :lol I look back on it now and laugh.
lol, that was the opposite for me, I managed to beat the living crap out of her no sweat :lol:

Still gotta buy the game myself and actually finish the game as well as getting the online trophies.....and playing even more online, such fun it is online actually ^^

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
^

Actually it may have been a cheep maneuver, but about halfway through the game I found Freezing the Big Sister and then Charging at her with my drill highly effective. Two direct shots and she usually died. Again it was cheap, and I SERIOUSLY doubt it will work on any difficulty other than easy.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The problem with freezing and smashing the big sisters is that you can't loot the body and I do believe they carry a small ammount of ADAM.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
A few days ago I did get the chance to play some Bioshock 2 and got pretty far into the game. Although it's fun being a Big Daddy and all, I can't help but feel disappointed in the game. It feels like I'm pretty much playing the first game all over again, only this time with a Big Daddy.

Edit: Freezing the Big Sisters won't deprive you of ADAM. At least once I killed a Big Sister after freezing them and their bodies don't shatter; the ice does but not their bodies. So I was still able to get their ADAM.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^
I thought it started off a bit slower than the first game.  In BioShock, the player is instantly thrusted right into the action.  In BioShock 2, it takes some time for the action and story to build up.  I do like the changes they made to the combat system.  As I already said, I liked the hacking minigame better, the ability to charge plasmids was cool, I like how you can adopt little sisters and use them to collect more ADAM, and I like the changes they made to the research camera.  The revolving double-barrel shotgun was awesome too.  It is sad to see how Rapture has fallen apart though.  In the first game, the city may have been in ruins because of the war, but at least it was still recognizable as a city.  I guess that is what happens after nine years of nobody maintaining it.  Kinda reminds me of that show, "Life After People".