The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Knights of The Old Republic MMORPG

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was browsing on youtube today and happened to have stumbled across the trailer for Star Wars:The Old Republic MMORPG, the trailer depicted armies of jedi and sith fighting in what looked like in early version of the jedi temple the game looks awesome the only complaint I have is the title-  I mean come on Star Wars: The Old Republic for a game that's supposed to be Knights of the old republic 3 it sounds like the first but other then that it looks great I just hope Lucasarts or whoever is working on it makes signing up a bit easier then it was for SW:Galaxies then I would definatly buy Star Wars:Knights Of The Old Republic.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Punctuation marks are your friends.  And yes, the game looks pretty good.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked it as a stand alone game.  I'll not touch an mmorpg.  I'm sure many will have fun though.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The title is because this is I believe a prequel to the first KOTOR game. Since there are armies of Jedi, this I guess is going to depict the Jedi Civil War mentioned in the games.

I will be kind of disappointed if this does not release on XBOX 360, especially since the KOTOR games originated on the XBOX. But either way, I will get this game.

I am such a fan of both games, despite KOTOR II being kind of rushed and feeling unfinished. I was so happy when a third game in the franchise was announced, so I am pumped!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
definitely excited for this game. I loved the KOTOR games and the one thing i really wanted with those games is to have it online, so this is exactly what i want :DD .

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The game looks pretty cool, though I am wary of it considering how screwed up Star Wars Galaxies could get. I think the story takes place about 300 years after KOTOR I, during yet another war between the Jedi and Sith. It's not really intended to be a direct sequel, but more of a continuation of the universe and Bioware's way of storytelling.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
that's what I'm thinking although , galaxies  was a big itergalactical load of crap I think what really ticked me off about that game is how hard it was to get an accout I remember when I first bought "SWG:Trials of Obi Wan" and I was so dissappointed that I couldn't get an account,I hope the same dosen't happen for this game.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well of course you couldn't get an account. You bought an expansion pack.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
yeah but recently I was able to get an account and play it for two weeks now SW:Galaxies is a piece of crap.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well yeah, because it takes forever to level up and there's no direction after the tutorials. You just do errands for people and kill stormtroopers. It gets boring.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
heck I remember after awhile I let one of my friends play it and he managed to get off the space station,that's just sad.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
heck no, there were so many missions on that it was confusing.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Dude, all you had to do was talk to the starfighter guy and get a free ship, do whatever your teacher told you, then go back to Han and go with him to Tatooine. It wasn't that hard.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i watched it on youtube today and it is kickass!!!
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
yep I haven't played KOTOR in awhile I think the first and last time I've played it was at a friend's house but I plan on buying the PC versions of KOTOR 1  and 2.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i don't know how many have seen this, but they released a 20min long video of the game, showing 3 of the classes you can play as, and quite a bit of gameplay, with some dialogue and choices.

heres part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg1DnDIZbec&feature=channel The links to the other parts are in the description.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The announced classes look intriguing, especially the bounty hunter and smuggler classes, with their multitude of attacks and manuvers. The Sith warrior looks cool, but I kinda feel like I've seen it before.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
darn the sith warrior and bounty hunter look great I swear when the game comes out those are going to be two of my favorite classes  :D