The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Knights of The Old Republic MMORPG

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i was actually really interested in the smuggler class, with his/her ability to take cover. But i'll probably end up making a jedi/sith.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually thought anyone who used firearms could take cover in the game I'm surprised only smugglers can.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Perhaps it's just a special form of cover only smugglers can use, like a class-exclusive defense bonus.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The "stylized realism" puts me off a bit. The scenery and the objects look great, but humans look a bit plastic. I know the style is probably in use so more computers can play the game, but still, I'd feel better if they gave the humans a bit more animation and facial detail. We don't want this looking like the second Clone Wars.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, not exactly...

This screenshot was taken only about two weeks ago, so I'm not sure how much better the human models will get.

Spyro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
IN my opinion In think it's a bit stupid to make it and MMORPG because then you got to pay and that really sucks and I mean the first two were not and what sucks even more is that it is set 500 years later from the first two and basically you never know what happens to both Revan and the Jedi Exile.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
yeah but on the bright side we might actually have a GOOD star wars MMO,Galaxies sucked.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think the writers designed the KOTOR games to have open endings, allowing the player to wonder where the characters ended up, in order to make them seem more like timeless classics. The Star Wars chronology also states that the Jedi Exlie sought Revan out and returned to rebuild the Jedi. Setting the game 300 years into the future allows the writers to create a completely original situation in an unexplored part of Star Wars history. And with Bioware's storytelling and game-making ability as Star Wars in one game will make the probably low monthly cost well worth it. Besides, this'll be like playing a KOTOR game with friends, and that sounds cool.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I also hope I don't have to wait that long to get my Lightsaber if I'm a jedi/sith one of the things I hated about Galaxies is that you wouldn't get your lightsaber until you reached level 30, that's bullcrap.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure it'll be like KOTOR. You'll get your saber after you complete a level or something. They do that to make you feel like you earned your saber.