The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pirates of the Caribbean Online

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep, for those who liked the movies, POTCO(Pirates of the Caribbean Online) Might be the game for you. Some former players of the now closed VMK(Virtual Magic Kingdom) have migrated to the caribbean, but that's saved for another thread. This one is for POTCO.

Well, you begin in a little jail cell with none other then Jack Sparrow Himself ( :x ) and that is the place where you make your little piratey self. After creating a character, Jack helps you escape by kicking the jail door open which you have to do alot. As you exit jail, you notice that the small island your on is under attack by the undead. There was a slight edit here and you get to see Will Turner next, who gives you your very first cutlass! If it is a bit rusty at first, but it can prove to be one of a pirates best friends.. Then you exit Will Turner's place and go over to a ship captained by Bo Beck who teaches you how to use the cannon, but you and Beck are quickly interrupted by the villain.. Not Davy Jones or Barbossa, but a mix of the two villains: Jolly Roger, the main villain of Pirates of the Caribbean Online. Beck was supposed to bring Jack to Jolly Roger but Jack payed Beck more money and Beck was punished, by getting turned into one of the undead. And so, that just leaves you and the skeletel captain, Jolly Roger. Hey, what fun is getting killed in the first 15 minutes of the game? Jolly Roger lets you live, but makes you walk the plank. After that, your on Port Royal! :p

Okay, i need a breather. Well, that's all i'll say for now. Sheesh, you guys think i like Ozzy? Dont even get me started on Davy Jones and/or Jolly Roger, yeah im wierd :p If there are those who play POTCO feel free to post! :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow I didn't know about this. Gonna check it out :)

Edit: :o !!! Mumbling was taken as an ID already

Evil! :p

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
All I know is I registered for this game, changed my mind, and never looked at it again for a couple years. When on a whim I checked my email I use for things I don't want to see email for, around half the emails came from this place. If you join, know that they send out a crudload of emails.

Mumbling, do Cpt. Mumbling or something. Isn't that your youtube username?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yea I used CaptMumbling, exactly my youtube username too.

The game let my monitor crash when it was updating though... It said my monitor went out of ranga, AKA. The resolution had been changed to a too high level for this thing and it didn't change back or anything so I don't think I can play the game and actually see what is going on.

Edit:

Yes I cannot play the game. I fully updated it this time and after the loading screen it would go out of range again, does anyone know how I can change the resolution of the game before playing it?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes I cannot play the game. I fully updated it this time and after the loading screen it would go out of range again, does anyone know how I can change the resolution of the game before playing it?
Not unless there's a .ini file somewhere or something that contains the resolution that the game is using.  

You could also try running in 640x480 compatibility mode (right click, properties, Compatibility, 640x480 compatibility mode) and seeing if you can change the resolution that way. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks :) Though i deinstalled the game from this computer and just installed it downstairs instead, works beautifully there though I didn't have time to check it out yet :p

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I heard that they have recently released a browser based version of the game. Not really sure what you have to do in order to get to it though.. Useless for me, but hopefully it may work for you :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
never played the game i'm more of a console game player
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: