The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Video Game Characters You Hate

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
C'mon, we all have 'em. What video game character, or characters do you just despise or makes you angry?

I have quite a list. In no exact order.

Emil Castagnier from ToS: Dawn of the New World. To be honest, I can't stand most of the new Symphonia characters(Richter's  okay even though he is a Kratos ripoff) but Emil takes the cake. He's whiny, obnoxious, and is simply the worst hero in any video game, RPG or otherwise. I mean this idiot actually had the nerve to ask the main heroine to turn herself in to the group that was trying to kill her. And when he's not whining about how weak he is, he's going on about how Lloyd Irving(who is a much better and more likeable protagonist than Emil could ever dream to be) is the scum of the earth for killing his parents. I can understand being angry at a guy who murdered your family but midway through the game, he runs into a little kid who looks up to Lloyd and calls the kid an idiot just for liking Lloyd. Nice, dude. Calling a kid half your age an idiot? Really low. That's just really low.

Catalina from GTA 3 and San Andreas. I get that Rockstar intended for her to be unlikeable but she goes beyond simply being unlikeable and is completely detestable. She has a horrible personality, an irritating voice, and sadly enough, killing her on the missions that you have with her is actually more rewarding than finishing said missions. Only problem is that then you have to do it all over again. I felt really bad for CJ for having to put up with this witch's crap.

The Owl from Ocarina of Time. What is the owl's purpose? Seriously. Why was it following Link? How did it know Link? Why could it talk? What happened to it during the seven years Link was asleep? I know Nintendo often doesn't explain much in their games but this needed explaining. If you're going to have an owl follow around a little elf boy then explain its purpose! I also hated having to scroll through its neverending text wall just to get it to shut up. And for the record, in my eyes, Navi is a saint compared to the owl.

Princess Peach from the Mario series. Peach embodies every female stereotype out there. She can't defend herself, always needs to be saved by a big strong man(who ironically is shorter than her), has an ear piercing voice, and is a huge ditz. I also don't understand why she just doesn't hire better guards. If the Toads couldn't protect her the last 900 times she was kidnapped, what makes her think that they can protect her the 901st time? Zelda may get kidnapped too but at least she can fight.

Big the Cat from the Sonic series. Why was this character in Sonic Adventure? He had no purpose, no affect on the story. His levels were awful(Fishing...in a Sonic game. Just no) and boring, he was dumber than a rock, and hearing constantly say "Froggy? Froggy?" was just painful. Sonic Adventure was an okay game but he was just irritating.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, I have one in particular, never really liked him all that much....Sephiroth

Just for some reason, I just never really liked him and my hatred for him is greater with his optional boss battles in both Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 because of how powerful he is.

On your comment with Big the Cat, I agree, in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing he goes on about the whole Froggy issue and his All-Star move....is a giant frog that leaps down the track and squashes all in the way.

I'm not a big fan of Tails myself, I mean, he's okay and all, but nothing great and wonderful....at times, I do wish to punch him or something, especially in said game above....he's my arch-nemises in it :lol well, Tails and Amigo mainly XD

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
PJ, the second wingman from Ace Combat Zero.  He is completely worthless.  He doesn't shoot down enemies and all he does is gripe and moan.  I was actually glad when he got taken out with a laser beam directly to the cockpit.  Good riddance.

The little talking shroom that says "Our princess is in another castle." from the Mario series.  Need I say more?

Kraven the Hunter in Spiderman3: The Game.  This has got to be the most overpowered boss ever.  He's just a human being!  Why can't Spiderman (wearing the black suit) flatten him?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Apr 27 2010 on  08:34 PM
Kraven the Hunter in Spiderman3: The Game.  This has got to be the most overpowered boss ever.  He's just a human being!  Why can't Spiderman (wearing the black suit) flatten him?
Oh, don't even mention that to me, I could not defeat him myself when playing the game, so I practically gave up on it.  Yes, you heard me, because of him, I gave up on the game....

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Right guys. I'm going to have to intervene here. The specially adapted rule for this particular section, as quoted from the "Instructions Manual" topic, states:

- There is to be NO console warring, slamming, spamming, flaming or anything in relation to promoting why one console/format is superior to another (this also goes for games across different formats and characters). If arguments break out, members will be dealt with accordingly and may be disciplined as a result!!!

We've had situations in the past where members got ratty with each other and I had to issue out warnings. In light of the situation potentially happening again, I'm forced to close this thread. I appreciate that it may all be in good spirit (as most of our discussion topics on the forum are) but seeing as I do not wish for another argument to break out, I'm nipping this in the bud now. My apologies but the rules have been clearly stated.

Thanks!

Littlefoot1616