The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who hated Chomper's voice in 5?

Guest · 6 · 1289

Bruton the Iguanodon

As a kid I found it annoying! I really hated Chomper when I first watched 5...after listening to 10 minutes of his god awful sounds-like-he-has-a-cold-voice, he starts singing?! And then him crying just made me even madder, and him going "Mommy!!" when he was in the water and "Uh...uhh..uh..." when Littlefoot had him...I know, I'm awful but just wanted him to go! He was almost worse then Dinah and Dana cause that's what you'd expect out of characters their age...as a result i couldn't watch the 2nd half of 5 until the last 10 minutes or so. I didn't like this new member of the gang. I'm sorry to anyone who disagrees with me, but I'm voicing my opinion. As a kid after "Always there" ended I'd leave but come back 5 minutes later and...well feel guilty, most of the 2nd half of 5 sucked but the first was great  ;)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I liked Chomper's voice. I thought he sounded cute.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I thought Ali sounded cute.  :)  I thought Chomper sounded like some1 I wanted 2 shutup

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't really think Chomper's voice was that bad in LBT5. There are a lot worse voices I heard out there, and Chomper's was more cute than annoying, to be honest. I'm not saying it was the best voice I heard, but it certainly wasn't awful. Not to me anyway.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Bruton the Iguanodon

Oh, but also, why did they bother to give him a singing part in the film if he only sang like one, short weak verse at the beginning of the song and also sung the title line at the end? I mean that's happened with tons of other characters, too, who never get a singing part again. But Ali, for instance, leads the "All Sorts" song and villians would get songs to themselves.