The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Poor Man's Message Board

MurMur · 50 · 7495

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
What you're writing here is not LBT. Stick to the rules. I'll report to the admins again if this continues.

What's a Stegosaurus?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Murmur: This is the party room, I understand it's annoying people don't keep to your rules, but we take reports very seriously. Please don't threaten people with it and only use the report button in cases that infringe with the board rules.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I understand. Sorry, but I had to do that. Something that I've learned from my life is that asking people to behave well never works, so I always write to the authorities instead.
This GOF member continues to break my games. I don't judge people if they make a mistake, but this is intentional malice. See, if anyone is free to break a game's rules at any point, then what's the point of the game itself? I have written about 15 new games for this sectiion (one of my favourites), but it looks like it's all going to be wasted. Sorry.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Don't worry, the GoF is a good place. We don't have many trolls around, and those who do like to troll occasionally usually shut up when it's appropriate. You can ask people to behave well, and if they don't you can go ahead and tell us :)

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thank you for your support, Iris. I love this place especially because it's so friendly and accepting. But my life experiences still continue to haunt me, and I can't do anything about that. Sorry.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
What did i do wrong?

Me: LBT is a wwii allegory.
You: then what are spiketails?
Me: Spiketails are serbia or poland.

I was relating it to LBT. Sorry i cant fit an LBT word into every post, but you dont give me many words to work with, as per the point of the game.

But fine, your game, your rules. Suffice to say I won't continue playing this game or any of your future games since I "keep breaking them" (I've only posted in two, and your numbers game is doing fine). But I maintain that I did not break the rules of this game (or the numbers game, for that matter).

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I see the pattern. I've seen so many people ruining my day several times and then trying to convince me that their wrongdoings are right "just because they said so". They simply say "I'm right" and don't bother to explain any further.

Here you did break my game by adding more than one word. I didn't care much.
Here you broke my countdown game. Now that's where I started to see the pattern. Is killing my games a fun thing to do? Explain please, in the most concrete terms possible. Everybody got frustrated because of your actions.

And now this. It's as if you take pleasure in posting random stuff in my games.

Suffice to say I won't continue playing this game or any of your future games since I "keep breaking them" (I've only posted in two, and your numbers game is doing fine).

That's good news, and I'm very happy because of that. :) This means I can continue to post more games without fearing that they'll devolve into random garbage. One less problem.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Then I'll spell out for you why I didn't break your rules ever.

This game rules as written:
In this game, the articles (a, an, the) are NOT considered "words", but everything else is.
Quoting is forbidden too. We don't have enough money to afford that.
If you want to use smileys, then 1 smiley = 1 word.

Here are some rules:
1. This should be a meaningful discussion, not a random talk.
2. You can talk only about LBT here.
3. Don't make up words! No cheating!
4. No double-posting (except when the game needs to be ressurected).
5. Don't overstep the restrictions.

My post related WWII to LBT and never lost LBT; though due to the rules of the game I couldn't go into a lot of detail. My posts an actual discussion with a statement that could be supported or commented upon, instead of "She is a Flyer," "Who is Spike?" or other less-than-coversation-starting lines like that. You even participated when you asked me, "What is a spiketail in your WWII allegory?" and then got mad at me when I answered.

Cartridge game rules as written:
- The starting difficulty level is "Hard".
- Increase the difficulty level by adding a word to "Hard" (for example, "Super Hard").
- The next poster then adds another word (for example, "Extremely Super Hard").
- Let's see how far it can get!

Here are some rules:
1. Don't add more than one word in your post! (but this does not forbid you from writing some comments)
2. Do not double post, except when no one replies to your post for at least one week.
3. Use gigantic, red-colored letters for your suggested name.
4. No repeating of words!
5. Have fun!

In the same way "jack-o-lantern" is one word, dashes between words make it a single word. Your rules do not disallow compound words. If you didn't want compound words, your rules should have been written to note that.

Countdown game rules as written:
Countdown from 100 to 0. Whoever gets 0 wins the game.
Do not double-post! Use large, yellow colored numbers for convinience.

Nothing in those rules say it has to be whole numbers, only that it be decreasing and consecutive. If you didn't want decimals, your rules should have been written to note that.

Do you see the pattern? You accuse me of breaking the rules, but the real problem is that you don't write your rules specifically enough for your own tastes. The responsible thing to do would be for you to go back and amend your rules to forbid the things you don't like while politely informing me of how to fix it. Check out what  this user did here when he thought my post violated the rules. Then check the first post and see how he edited the rules because (like yours) they were originally too vague. Then note that I (and everyone else in the game) amended our posts to his new rules and it became the longest and most successful game the Party Room has ever had.

Also, "Everybody" did not get frustrated because of my actions, the game continued swimmingly. The Cartridge game likewise survived perfectly fine, it just died on its own. Also I was never the only one; in each thread others made the same type of posts I did. Either we're all vindictively trying to destroy your games......or you need to work on your rule-writing.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I didn't actually reply to your WWII-related post. It was you who  didn't reply to my question
didn't reply to my question, so I decided to repost that question again. Asking "What's a spiketail?" again was my way to bring this funny discussion back to its point. So it's no wonder this looks completely random for me.

Next. "One word" is something that you can find in a vocabulary. So "jack-o-lantern" is a "word", while your post is a made-up combination of words.

Next. Yes, my rules don't say that it has to be whole numbers. But isn't that self-evident? Should I make pages and pages of rules stating "no decimals, no hieroglyphs, no Roman numerals, no mumbo-jumbo" or something like that? Do you understand that the game becomes unwinnable and pointless if players are allowed to post anything like that?

And again, I don't get upset when people break the rules by mistake. But this looks like intentional sabotage, and I've already explained why.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
What is there to reply to when the question is "A spiketail?" "Yes?" I changed topics in the same way people had a few times before, this time trying to get a meaningful conversation started. If your second question wasn't supposed to be directed at my WWII allegory, I see why you thought that was off-topic. I hope you see now why it wasn't.

Our definition of 'word' differs. From Wikipedia: "Hyphens are mostly used to break single words into parts, or to join ordinarily separate words into single words." You don't want that, only permit non-compound words.

And for your numbers question, you can rule all that stuff out with a slight parameter to the rule:

--Countdown from 100 to 0 using whole numbers.

Bam. No heiroglyphics, no decimals, no batman symbols. Just the numbers zero through nine. Post what is allowed, and if you are specific enough it won't be possible to skirt around without breaking the rules.

I guess the reason I'm mad is because you threatened to report me and called me malicious. I have been a member of this board for six years, with over 5000 posts, and you are the first user who has had a problem with me. I have no marks on my record. If you are going to write me off as a troll, that is your prerogative and I'll avoid contact with you as it sounds you prefer. But I urge you to attempt a little introspection and consider possibly that there's a way you could amend your behavior to avoid alienating forum members and prevent problems regarding unclear rules.

Or you can just insult me again with a dismissive attitude like the below-quoted and assume I'm nothing but a malicious troll who somehow has never angered another forum-goer in six years:
That's good news, and I'm very happy because of that. :) This means I can continue to post more games without fearing that they'll devolve into random garbage. One less problem.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
May I suggest to end this argument? Is it possible to strike a compromise? I think both of you made a mistake but it isn't as bad as both of you describe it... There's no doubt that LB&T broke the rules but he didn't break them on purpose. How would he benefit from breaking your rules, MurMur? He wouldn't benefit at all.
But there's also no doubt that MurMur overreacted a bit (I see why you were offended). As for the point that MurMur's rules weren't clear enough I have to strike a compromise myself since LB&T is right on the one side that the rules don't cover every possible way to break them but on the other side most of these non-said rules are obvious. E.g. why didn't  you actually used a whole number? Everyone used them so far so why didn't you? Just to make things clear...
So can we just forget this ugly incident and keep on playing the game?

I hope you don't mind me trying to mediate the dispute.
Inactive, probably forever.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
What is there to reply to when the question is "A spiketail?" "Yes?" I changed topics in the same way people had a few times before, this time trying to get a meaningful conversation started. If your second question wasn't supposed to be directed at my WWII allegory, I see why you thought that was off-topic. I hope you see now why it wasn't.
One doesn't change the subject mid-discussion. Yet the participants are allowed to ask for a definition of terms. You are at this board for six years, with whatever number of posts, and you should know the rules of discussion and debates.

Countdown from 100 to 0 using whole numbers.
Bam. No heiroglyphics, no decimals, no batman symbols. Just the numbers zero through nine. Post what is allowed, and if you are specific enough it won't be possible to skirt around without breaking the rules.
The name of the game shows "Countdown from 100 to 0". It doesn't say "Countdown from X to 88". And then, even a child knows this game.

I'm getting tired of all this. You may think that you're right, but it is not important. You've already stated that you aren't going to visit my games anymore, THAT is important. That's everything I wanted to hear. End of discussion.

To Ducky123: I think this game has already died. No real need to continue it. But don't worry, I'll post more funny games for everyone to enjoy. :) I also wish to thank everyone who is participating in my games. You bring happiness to my heart, and happiness is something that I rarely find in "real life".

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No offense Murr Murr, but worrying over the rules of a forum game breaks the purpose of it, especially when you feel the need to push them on others. Generally makes them unappealing to participate in, not the presence of small "errors" (LBT's posts seemed fine by me) that will be missed by everyone but you. I'm certain this thread would be healthy if you hadn't told LBT to "get back on topic"

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Greetings, Campion1. I understand your words, but I must explain a little. You see, I'm not a tyrant or something. I do not push the rules on others. It's simply a self-evident truth that breaking the rules of a game defeats the purpose of the game itself. Can you imagine a football game with no rules? And I don't think that forum games should be excluded from this statement, otherwise they become pointless spam-topics.
But that isn't the main problem here. The problem is that LettuceBacon&Tomato continiously breaks the rules of my games and then comes up with absurd justifications for doing this. If his actions at the countdown game are not deliberate vandalism, then I don't know what to call it. He never did even a single post in the other countdown game, the one which wasn't made by me, despite that game being here for four years. Yet he decided to go into MY game and vandalize it. Looks pretty suspicious.
If LettuceBacon&Tomato seriously thinks that what he is doing is right, then at least he shouldn't do that in MY games because that kills my fun. I hope he is not sadist and will understand that continuing to torment me this way is counter-productive. The forum is a great place, but I'll have to leave it once it starts to bring more sadness than joy for me. I considered leaving it twice. I hope this won't happen.