The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Life Without Plastic

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Many objects in the world today are made of plastic. Could one imagine what life would be like without it?

In this game, you must think of an object that is made of plastic (as I'm sure there are many), and write in a sentence or two the consequences without said object.

I'll start:

Without plastic, there would be no remote controls. Therefore, who knows how you would be able to change channels and not watch boring news?  :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Without plastic, there wouldn't be headphones. Therefore, I couldn't listen to music on high volume without annoying my family :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Without plastic, there would be less garbage in the oceans. Therefore, we would have a (much smaller?) island of garbage that isn't making life difficult for everyone who has to rely on the ocean.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Without plastic, there would be no video game disks or cardridges. Millions of grizzly, middle aged men living in their parent's basements, surviving on little else then doritos and mountain dew, would be forced out to get jobs. THE HORROR!!!
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Without plastic there would be no shatter-proof bottles. Imagine taking a shower then knocking that glass shampoo bottle off the shelf onto the floor. Or washing dishes and the glass detergent bottle falls into the sink. Hate stopping what I'm doing to fish glass fragments out of the disposal, or risk cutting my hands and/or feet badly enough to call 911. Don't forget protective helmets and padding for sports. From a safety standpoint, plastic is a lifesaver. Now if they could make plastic out of something other than petroleum byproducts.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Without plastic, why, none of us would be typing anything right now!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(^so true ^^)

Without plastic, I wouldn't have had any presents to unwrap yesterday
Inactive, probably forever.