The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Gilmore Girls

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Is anyone else a fan of wacky duo of Lorelai and Rory? Are you Team Dean, Team Jesse or Team Logan? Did you see the revival on Netflix called “A Year in the Life,”? Are there elements you like or dislike? Is Paris the harbinger of the apocalypse or does she need a friend? Is Lane the bestest friend a person can have? Will Luke ever wear a sifferent hat? (Spoiler, yes). :D 

« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 04:21:07 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes! Haha!

I know it's generally considered a "girls show" (it's right there in the name), but I didn't discover this show myself until about 3 years ago and have since discovered that my some of male colleagues enjoy it too. So just in case someone thinks they can't watch it because it is too girly: give it a chance ;)

It was really fun for me to watch the show. All episodes are fast-paced and well-written. All characters have depth to them and much of it feels "relatable" (ok, that could be a girl thing). I was rather envious of the good relationship between mother and daughter on the show, something I don't have to such an extend myself. I also enjoyed "A Year in the Life", although I wish they didn't leave us on a cliff-hanger without much hope for a second season.

I'm actually gonna have a Gilmore Girls night with some colleagues in about a month from now, obviously with pizza ;) Really looking forward to that.

What team are you in, Gentle Sharptooth? I think I liked all her love interests. Was probably rooting for Jesse most, but also enjoyed how Logan influenced her. Dean was nice of course, but gave in to her a bit too much.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Yes! Haha!

I know it's generally considered a "girls show" (it's right there in the name), but I didn't discover this show myself until about 3 years ago and have since discovered that my some of male colleagues enjoy it too. So just in case someone thinks they can't watch it because it is too girly: give it a chance ;)

It was really fun for me to watch the show. All episodes are fast-paced and well-written. All characters have depth to them and much of it feels "relatable" (ok, that could be a girl thing). I was rather envious of the good relationship between mother and daughter on the show, something I don't have to such an extend myself. I also enjoyed "A Year in the Life", although I wish they didn't leave us on a cliff-hanger without much hope for a second season.

I'm actually gonna have a Gilmore Girls night with some colleagues in about a month from now, obviously with pizza ;) Really looking forward to that.

What team are you in, Gentle Sharptooth? I think I liked all her love interests. Was probably rooting for Jesse most, but also enjoyed how Logan influenced her. Dean was nice of course, but gave in to her a bit too much.

Yes! I wholeheartdly agree! Gilmore Girls is not for girls only. Its got the best jokes and pop culture references! I still chuckle everytime I binge through it. With each viewing I come to appreciate certaij characters more. Emily Gilmore, who on first viewing seems cold and distant, actually feels as strongly as Lorelai about broken promises, lies, and etc. Emily differs in thay she is more composed and is living a role; like one of the royals in the UK. It was exciting to see her loosen up in “A Year in the Life.” Lorelai at times tests my resolve with her selfish streaks, and Rory is my favorite (with exception to her Yale drop out period, I mean Mitchum Hintzberger says you are no journalist, which requires tenacity, and instead of try to prove him wrong, you drop out, steal a boat, and question yourself, proving his point that you “don’t have whar it takes.”) This may shock, but I appreciate Mitchum Huntzberger, he was the only one who unlike the Gilmores and Star’s Hollow folks, didn’t coddle Rory and told her actually the truth, she’s no journalist, which is proven in “A Year in A Life.”

Mitchum challenged Rory, Jesse draws out inspiration in Rory, and Lorelai is her comfort. I think Jesse is a great friend, he challenges Rory (“Why did you drop out of Yale?!”), but their brief romance was full of pitfalls. I think Rory really loves Logan, who many call her Christopher, but Logan differs from her dad in two respects, he’s there for her when she needs it, and he proposed! Rory threw that proposal away, even though its obvoous she loves Logan; she visited him in hospital which mirrors Emily visiting Richard in the hospital, and Luke visiting Lorelai in the same Richard heartattXk episode.

I am TEAM Logan, “Whatever you say Ace.” I liked Dean tell his needy phase (I hated An Affair to Not Remember with Rory ugh), and Jesse was cool, but not really boyfriend material tell the later seasons and “A Year in A Life.” 

Sorry I went Lorelai babbling on you.. :D

For guys, Gilmore Girls is a great writing, acting, and catharsis. You might even learn something about yourself watching the different personalities and psychologies.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 04:27:40 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Did a mini-Gilmoreathon. I forgot how good the tension between Jess and Dean is.