The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Let's play Jeopardy! (LBT-style)

action9000 · 241 · 16892

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
LBTlover and I have been working on setting up an LBT quiz game in the style of the North American game show, "Jeopardy".  Here are the rules that we will be using on the forum:

Seen below is the "game board".  You will see eight "categories" of questions along the top of the board, and the numbers 100 to 500 below each category name.  Each numbered space represents a question.  The higher the number, the more difficult the question.  The question will somehow relate to the category that the numbered square is under.

The game starts with two players: The "Host" and "Lead Player" (the player in charge of picking a square on the board which cooresponds to a question).  I will start the game as the "Host".  The "Host" has a simple job: to make up and ask a question based on the player's choice.

After the question has been posted, ANYONE may *ring in* to answer the question.  If the respondant is correct, they are awarded the number of points shown on that square.  If the respondant is INcorrect, they may not answer that question again and must wait for another question.  If the player answers Correctly, this player is awarded the points on the question square an now becomes the "Lead player".  This player may now choose any new question square to get a question from.  In "real" jeopardy, the "host" never changes but we are going to allow Anyone to ask a question for the sake of our game.  This way, the host doesn't get bored just asking questions and has a chance to score points as well.

NOTE: The host does not get killed when it comes to points.  The host automatically gets 50 points for each answered question and 100 points for each unanswered question.  This helps keep the "host" in the game.

To pick a question square, just use dialog like "The First Film for 200", for example.  The "host" then makes up a question about the first film, of moderately easy difficulty (200 out of 500 isn't all that high).  Remember, we have a lot of LBT experts here so don't make questions *too* easy!  Generally, a 100-point question should be fairly simple and a 500-point question should have quite a bit of complexity or depth to it.

Time Limit: When a question is posted up, players have 24 hours to answer it.  When a guess is made, the timer is reset.  If a correct answer is not posted within 24 hours, the question is removed from the game, the question square on the board is cleared, and play resumes with the same "Lead player" picking a square.

Also, if a question is answered INCORRECTLY 3 times, the question is removed from the game.

When a question is answered correctly, I will remove it from the game board (it will become a blank space) and cannot be chosen again.  When every numbered square on the board is empty, the game is over.  The winner is the player with the most points at this point in time.  We may do a full game (2 rounds like this, and "final jeopardy") if we ever feel like it but for this first game, we'll end it when the board is empty.

We may need to change a rule or two as we go along, but we'll see what happens.

To sum up the rules:
The Lead player chooses a question square.
Anyone can write a question (if you write, you can't answer).
24 hours from the time of the previous guess to answer.
A correct player gets the points marked on the square and becomes the Lead player (can choose the next question square).  Anyone else can read the next question.  YOU MAY ONLY GUESS ONCE ON EACH QUESTION!
After 3 Incorrect answers, the question is thrown out.
The winner is the player with the highest score when all the questions squares are gone.

(*pssst* The winner may get a special treat. We'll see :p  perhaps in the form of a signature award... ;) )

Let's Play jeopardy! :D
Anyone, pick a square and start us off!
When a question square is picked, anyone else can ask a question related to that category and difficulty.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Okay Action9000.  Truthfully, I have only watched Jeopardy once but I think I have the just of it!  Okay...  How about "the first film" for 100?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have only watched Jeopardy once but I think I have the just of it!
I wrote the rules assuming that nobody has seen Jeopardy before.  I hope they're clear enough for those like you who haven't seen much of it.

How about "the first film" for 100

What were the words spoken by Littlefoot when he laid eyes on the Great Valley for the first time?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think it was "The great valley".  It's been a long time. <_<

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
CORRECT!  :D

Current score:
landbeforetimelover: 100
action9000: 50

You still have control of the board, LBTlover.  Pick another one.

(Hey, what do you say to giving the host 50 points when a question is answered correctly or 100 points if a question is not answered correctly?  This way the host doesn't get totally left in the dust and there's some incentive to ask questions.)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You still have control of the board, LBTlover. Pick another one.

(Hey, what do you say to giving the host 50 points when a question is answered correctly or 100 points if a question is not answered correctly? This way the host doesn't get totally left in the dust and there's some incentive to ask questions.)

That is a great idea!  Okay, how about songs and music for 100?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, how about songs and music for 100?

These two songs are sung from opposite perspectives.  The musical themes from these songs are used throughout the film that contains the songs.  Name the two songs.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Oh wow....I'd like to say its the "If We Hold On Together" pieces--the one by Diana Ross and the one by Anndi McAfee...different perspectives and you certainly hear that theme repeated many times in the first film.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Never been much of a fan of Jeopardy but I'm pretty savvy with the way it works.
I'm guessing I'll have to wait until Petrie's answer is verified before I can answer or can I throw in an answer now Action?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh wow....I'd like to say its the "If We Hold On Together" pieces
*Bzzz* Wrong!

Anybody else? ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Alex just says "Nooo...." when you get it wrong.  :P:

Do we play with negative scores?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alex just says "Nooo...." when you get it wrong. 
But I'm not Alex, am I? :lol
Do we play with negative scores?
I decided against taking points off because it would discourage people from taking a shot at the answer.  I'd rather see more activity. :yes

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
What sucks is I know the answer now and I can't answer. :p  It was my second choice.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What is "No one has to be alone" and "On your own"

The perspective in "No one has to be alone" is as the title suggests, no one should truly be alone, and when your with your friends or family, "you don't have to feel afraid of being lost and lonely" and if you stick together, "a bright and shining day" or perhaps a positive outcome, will be the final product. In the song "When your on your own", the perspective is both the pros and cons of being alone, "you can do what you want" but at the same time "you miss your friends, when daylight ends, and theres nobody to care for you".

So those are my thoughts on why they might be different perspectives from each other.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What is "No one has to be alone" and "On your own"
Also wrong, sorry. :p
Last try!
(Notice, no hints in this game!).

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll take a stab at it.

I was thinking moreso about the LBT 11 songs "Creepy Crawlies" and "Stupid Stompers". One comes from the view of the GV residents on the little longnecks as being creepy, while the other song was the Tinysauruses answer but from the other perspective.

Howz my aim?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
was thinking moreso about the LBT 11 songs "Creepy Crawlies" and "Stupid Stompers".
Yeah, that's what I was looking for! :D   Sorry Flathead, you were thinking a little too hard for this one. It's only a 100-point question.  100-point questions are usually kept pretty basic and rely on overall knowledge or simple reasoning.  My question also implied that the songs were both from the same film.  
Speaking of 100 points...

Littlefoot1616: 100
landbeforetimelover: 100
action9000: 100

Littlefoot1616, pick a question!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh yay!  :^.^: OK...let's go "Backstage" for 100 ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll let somebody else ask this question:
Anyone?  Give it a shot! :wow (anyone but Littlefoot1616, that is, since he picked it).