The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Jeopardy - With prizes!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We have attempted this before, but it fell through due mainly to my lack of keeping up with it :p
I have devised a simpler way to update the game board that doesn't involve me having to Photoshop the image every time and I'm willing to give it another go!  

Also, there is a little change this time around: I have decided to give out a signature award to the winner of the game. :)  So try your best and your victory can be immortallized forever in a custom award graphic! :D
There may be other awards based on how the game goes, so join in and you never know what you may end up with! B)

Now, for the rules:

Seen below is the "game board".  You will see eight "categories" of questions along the top of the board, and the numbers 100 to 500 below each category name.  Each numbered space represents a question.  The higher the number, the more difficult the question.  The question will somehow relate to the category that the numbered square is under.

The game starts with two players: The "Host" and "Lead Player" (the player in charge of picking a square on the board which cooresponds to a question).  I will start the game as the "Host".  The "Host" has a simple job: to make up and ask a question based on the player's choice.

After the question has been posted, ANYONE may *ring in* to answer the question.
 If the respondant is correct, they are awarded the number of points shown on that square.
 If the respondant is INcorrect, they may not answer that question again and must wait for another question.  
If the player answers Correctly, this player is awarded the points on the question square an now becomes the "Lead player".  This player may now choose any new question square to get a question from.  
In "real" jeopardy, the "host" never changes but we are going to allow Anyone to ask a question for the sake of our game.  This way, the host doesn't get bored just asking questions and has a chance to score points as well.

NOTE: The host does not get killed when it comes to points.  The host automatically gets 50 points for each answered question and 100 points for each unanswered question, provided that the question isn't rediculously hard for the point value, and is well-written enough that it can be answered.  This helps keep the "host" in the game.

To pick a question square, just use dialog like "The First Film for 200", for example.  The "host" then makes up a question about the first film, of moderately easy difficulty (200 out of 500 isn't all that high).  Remember, we have a lot of LBT experts here so don't make questions *too* easy!  Generally, a 100-point question should be fairly simple and a 500-point question should have quite a bit of complexity or depth to it.

Time Limit: When a question is posted up, players have 24 hours to answer it.  When a guess is rejected by the host, the timer is reset.  
If a correct answer is not posted within 24 hours, the question is removed from the game, the question square on the board is cleared, and play resumes with the same "Lead player" picking a square.
If Nobody guesses, the "host" still gets points for asking the question...don't let the host run away with the game by sitting on the sidelines!  join in! :D

Also, if a question is answered INCORRECTLY 3 times, the question is removed from the game and the lead player chooses another question from the board.

When a question is completed, I will remove it from the game board (it will become a blank space) and cannot be chosen again.  When every numbered square on the board is empty, the game is over.  The winner is the player with the most points at this point in time.  

Depending on activity, we may do a complete Jeopardy game (single jeopardy, double jeopardy, final jeopardy).  That will be decided before this first round is complete.

To sum up the rules:
The Lead player chooses a question square.
Anyone can write a question (if you write, you can't answer).
24 hours from the time of the previous guess to answer.
A correct player gets the points marked on the square and becomes the Lead player (can choose the next question square).  Anyone else can read the next question.  YOU MAY ONLY GUESS ONCE ON EACH QUESTION!
After 3 Incorrect answers, the question is thrown out.
The winner is the player with the highest score when all the questions squares are gone.

A few pointers:
1) 500-point questions WILL BE HARD!!  Expect the toughest of the tough if you ask for one of these babies...I don't think anybody got any of them fully correct in our test run of the game.  If you want to write a 500-point question, don't be afraid to go nuts with the difficulty, so long as it is *possible* to answer.  We've had some evil ones come up in the past...it was great! :p
2) When writing questions, try to write your question in such a way such that it doesn't give away the answer unintentionally, it's not so confusing that it's unanswerable, and that it doesn't accidently open up other alternative answers that you did not intend on.
3) Keeping control of the board is one way to earn yourself a lot of points!  Don't always go for the higher point value unless you feel confident.  Somebody could steal your control of the board and do categories that you may be less comfortable with.
4) when writing 100-point questions, don't be toooo easy, but don't be overly difficult, either!  Remember, we have a lot of avid LBT fans here.  Easy is relative. ;)
5) Make points by writing questions! :D

Let's Play Jeopardy! :D
Anyone, pick a square and start us off!
When a question square is picked, anyone else can ask a question related to that category and difficulty.

THE FIRST FILM: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500
THE ORIGINAL GANG: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500
GUEST CHARACTERS: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500
THE EARLY SEQUELS: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500
SEQUELS, 1997 TO PRESENT: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500
TV SERIES: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500
BACKSTAGE: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500
SONGS AND MUSIC: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For 500 points:
The original Land Before Time film is the start of this trend involving the forshadowing of danger or trouble (physical or emotional stress) using a technique visible to the audience's eye.  LBT 2, 3, 4 and 5 demonstrate this trend and LBT 6 uses this same subject as a source of danger, as opposed to an indicator of potential danger.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
What is the morphing of sky colors from blue to yellow or redish yellow?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
using a technique visible to the audience's eye.
I recently changed the wording of the question to eliminate chances of alternate answers.  I may have made the change too late, Darkhououmon, and you may not have seen it, so you can guess again. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Jan 19 2008 on  11:22 PM
using a technique visible to the audience's eye.
I recently changed the wording of the question to eliminate chances of alternate answers.  I may have made the change too late, Darkhououmon, and you may not have seen it, so you can guess again. :)
I can't really think of another answer. ^^;

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No problem. :)
Anyone want to take a guess? Last try! (Darkhououmon, you're welcome to if some inspiration ever hits you!)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As much as I'd like to accept it, as water does appear in many scenes before something bad happens...though there are times when water represents so much good (the water in the treestar when Littlefoot sees his reflection in LBT 1, the great valley at the end of LBT 1, the stream leading up to the tree that the Gang climbs in LBT 1).

I will admit, there are a couple of occurrances in LBT 1 where water is present immediately before danger appears, but there are just as many times in LBT 1 where water leads up to something *good*, or appears alongside something *good*.  Due to this, I cannot accept "Water" to be foreshadowing danger.

Excellent guess, Darkhououmon...you know what?  50 points to you for giving a good of a guess as you did. :p  The LBT series actually does tend to associate water with bad things quite often in the sequels I mentioned.

Nobody guessed the answer I was looking for, so I shall post it up now:

What is: The appearance of insects on-screen.
Examples:
LBT 1, just before the first sharptooth encounter: the frog eats the dragonfly, which is Focused on early in that scene.

later on, the gang sleeps in the footprint...the camera zooms up to the bugs...
next scene...sharptooth!

LBT 2 - chomper eating bugs..next thing we know, Chomper is in trouble, his parents enter the valley and the Gang is being held captive by Ozzie and Strut

LBT 3 - the insect that chases the bullies, not 2 minutes before the fire in the valley

LBT 4, the insects in Grandma's song.., Littlefoot is immediately put into a hugely emotionally distressing situation, which is a key plot-mover as well...Littlefoot going with Ali instead of his friends...which leads to his friends becoming upset.

LBT 6: Ducky and Spike get attacked by buzzing stingers

I like your answer, Darkhououmon, I just don't think it was quite consistant enough to warrant full points.

Score so far:

Action9000:100
Darkhououmon:50

Since nobody got the correct answer and there is nobody specifically in control of the board at the moment, anyone may pick a new category.

The Board:
THE FIRST FILM: 100, 200, 300, 400, ___
THE ORIGINAL GANG: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Original Gang for 500:

This member of the original gang has had the fewest voice actor changes.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Didn't waste any time I see.  Here are the updated scores, and you may select again lbt/cty

The score so far:

lbt/cty_lover: 500
action9000: 100
Petrie: 100
DarkHououmon: 50

The Board:
THE FIRST FILM: 100, 200, 300, 400, ___
THE ORIGINAL GANG: 100, 200, 300, 400, ___

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
First film for 100:

This character called Littlefoot a "flathead".

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Must I answer that question?)

Who is Petrie? :rolleyes: