The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jeopardy Game?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was thinking about having a game of Jeopardy. I don't mean like LBT Jeopardy. I mean just regular Jeopardy.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I forget too often that I'm in the middle of a game.  No thanks.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Petrie,Jun 25 2008 on  09:24 PM
I forget too often that I'm in the middle of a game.  No thanks.
Wait...but you voted yes?

I'm game, but we need to add something so a single person can't freeze the game up. Maybe they have one day to answer, and then they're out of time? Not sure how to fix that.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, we could have multiple people who ask questions. There could be a PM or e-mail chain to send answers and questions to various hosts. However, the people who design the questions can't participate unless they avoid a category that they helped create.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My solution in the past was to award a small number of points for asking a question.

As for preventing a single player from holding up the game...yes a 1-day time limit on questions is good.  Also, if the person choosing the category does not choose one within one day, the board is open for anyone to pick a category.

How does that sound?  There is no need for PMs / e-mails, as the person asking questions will keep changing.