The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Regarding ANY LBT 14 Topics

Petrie. · 468 · 71642

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes we can discuss lbt14, since universal has confirmed it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 27 2014 on  06:52 AM
Speculations can begin now ;)
The most frequent question in chats so far has been whether or not the next sequel will refer to the TV-series (specifically if Ruby and Chomper are to be in it).
Seeing that the last sequel was produced after the series chances are that they may mostly ignore the series (same as with the series and movies on how to train your dragon).
In any case I would think it very probably that they will continue to make "stand alone" sequels as in them not requiring any knowledge of the other movies (the only sequel so far where knowledge of earlier movies was helpful (though not compulsory) would be LBT 5.
Nevertheless I would say there may be a chance that the next movie might refer to the TV series for a different reason. Thing is that possible plots within the limited space offered by the prehistoric setting of a "society" of dinosaurs with survival, food and security being the main motivators are sparse (no doubt a reason that fanfictions usually mix LBT with elements that would be off limits in the movies).
Now the TV series opened up a lot of questions which would provide some good plot material for stories that wouldn't be a mere repetition of what we have seen before. So personally I think it might be possible.
I agree with those who hope that the new movie doesn't continue to focus on the youngest audience only (which I'm afraid was a main cause for the disappointment many expressed about later sequels and LBT 13 in particular).
My personal wish would be for the movie to somewhat return a bit more to the somewhat darker setting of the original or the early sequels (which were far from dark but at least there was some real sense of threat when sharpteeth were around, unlike in case of any sharptooth after LBT 9).
Not quite.  Though I actually saw II first, if you don't see the original, you don't know some things.  

I did think of one sequel idea that might work (I have several, but I'm gonna put one here.)

Pternao returns and eventually, Petrie starts to really like him again, I don't think, even after seeing his uncle's darker side, that he really disliked him, as he is brought up a few times in the TV series.

Well, anyway, at some point, Petrie and Pterano are doing really well.  Then, after a conversation, Pterano drops a bombshell:  Petrie's father was one of his followers and died as a result of his "leadership".  

Petrie's father has never been shown and this could be a good reason to show why and develop a plot out of it.  

Petrie would go really south with Pterano after that, though eventually Pterano would save Petrie's life, say in some fight with some bad guy, possibly Sierra, at the end, and the two would reconcile.  

The film could be about forgiveness and all of that.  

Here's another possible theory for 14.   It would sorta contradict the narrator of the 2nd film, but, heck, Ruby (and possibly the Domeheads) kinda already do.

An omnivore villain sneaks into the Great Valley.  He and some of his fellow pretend to be leaf eaters and trick everyone.  They are planning to eat lots of leaf eaters, as their mixed diet leaves them undetected.  

However, Chomper, and possibly Ruby, who still might be hanging there hiding from Red Claw,  somehow overhear the bad guy's plans.  The bad guys soon figure this out, kill someone (no, not one of the main characters or their relatives!) and blame it on Chomper, the "evil Sharptooth", causing him, and possibly Ruby, to be run out of the Great Valley.

However, near the end, before the bad guys, who decide, for whatever reason, to go for Littlefoot and his friends first, reveal themselves to be bad, though they have Littlefoot & co. cornered so it looks bad, but then Chomper and Ruby happen to sneak back in and fight off the bad guys, who fall into sinking sand (haven't seen a bad guy die that way in LBT yet, have we?).

Chomper is cleared of all charges of wrongdoing and everyone apologizes to him.   He and Ruby are hailed as heroes.  

My theory three is that , perhaps Red Claw is revealed to be Sharptooth's brother, and, maybe after a nasty attack in the Great Valley, Littlefoot, perhaps out of anger and spite for that family, goes after him, and is tagged along by Littlefoot and the others, including Chomper and Ruby.

Along they way, they get a group of Sharpteeth and leaf eaters and maybe  a Fast Runner or two to all join them and be friends.

Eventually, they come across Red Claw, Screech, and Thud, and defeat them, with Thud, who seemed somewhat redeemable as he was nice to them once, possibly going rogue against Red Claw and joining them.

This sequel theory actually makes quite a bit of sense as that was their aim in the TV series, to get the creatures of the Mysterious Beyond to work together and overthrow Red Claw and his minions.  

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Guess it's too early ti tell, but how will fanfic writers treat this sequal? We've had 7 years with the canon stopped for fanfiction writers to build off of. Now the 14th one will bring in new canon to build off of.

Are any fic writers gonna maybe pull back on their ideas some, to see what the next one entails? I remember Chronicler doing that with his first Biocicle/LBT crossover story, going to Chomper's Parent's island, but not showing them, or even talkng about what happened to them/ if they're even alive, since we still thought the series would continue at that point, and he didn't want do something with them, find out they are actually dead or something, then screw his sotry over for the sequal.

Anyway, just something to think about.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Dec 19 2014 on  06:02 AM
They did?
Inactive, probably forever.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, David. Stitch posted the link right after it was found out in that interview. It's been here this whole time. I missed it too. 0.0

Dragonheart 3

Looks like it's basically come from a press release, by the way it's worded, and it says they're working on a new entry in the Land Before Time franchise.

Hmm, maybe I should go look in Universal's press site for the actual press release that says it?
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That doesn't even say anything, lol. Oh well, it might be a long time yet before we actually find anything out about the movie.

Hmm, wonder why it's coming back now? They stopped after Wisdom of Friends when that one lost them money. Are they hoping to make a profit again? They must be if they're making another one, but just wondering if they'll actually make a profit again. I hope they can. :)
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Dec 19 2014 on  12:02 AM
OMG...I am soooooooooooooooo excited!!

In the 7 years since Wisdom of Friends I've been through so much, including re-discovering LBT and becoming a member of the GOF!! :smile

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think this may not refer to the TV series, unless it has to.  Just like Wisdom of Friends and the TV series were done at the same time, and the TV series was confirmed to take place after movie 13, they can always do movie 14, assuming it takes place AFTER the TV series, and still even return to the TV series, as long as they don't counter what they did in movie 14.  

I'm hoping for another villainess.  I'm also hinting that one of my favorite LBT villains (who, hopefully, is still alive, as, unlike my other favorite (the infamouse Sharptooth of the first movie), he wasn't confirmed to have died.) Sierra, will come back.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I will just leave this here...

From Ruben Avitia:

Working on "The Land Before Time XIV" with Jeff Bennett as Petrie, Felix Avitia as Littlefoot and Aria Noelle Curzon as "Ducky" voiceover for new DVD Movie.

Source:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/357191814169139165/

Update: According to this exchange on Instagram from felix_avitia, the next movie won't be finished until 2016. Interestingly, this picture is dated May 2014.

Update 2: I did a bit more digging and found his Facebook page.  The only posts that seem relevant to LBT XIV appear to be the following:

From May 1, 2014:

JUST BOOKED THE LEAD CHARACTER "LITTLE FOOT" ON "LAND BEFORE TIME" DVD MOVIE!!! If you remember the old movies "The Land Before Time" ... then you know what I'm talking about. Little Foot is an Apatosaurus and the character sings in this one! During the call back the director and producers were all dancing and gave a standing ovation after finishing singing audition song! The director even blew a kiss. So, had a good feeling when we finally got the official call today! Very excited! Tentative start date is May 12th!! Thank you again everyone for all your support! We read every like and comment and you all motivate us to reach even higher!

This is consistent with the picture of the voice actors which was taken in May and posted on Instagram.

From August 27:

Learned and performed two of three songs for "The Land Before Time XIV" yesterday, as the lead character "Little Foot"... after the recording session, a Producer and the Music Writer/Composer handed over this real Grammy and applauded saying, "No doubt that one day you will be holding one of these!" Shocked and very honored they said that... Better sing the last song great now! Lol. Recording the last song for the movie next month. Great memories! Thanks for all your support!!

So it appears that the voice work for the film has been completed.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Seems the movie will be treading very familiar ground. :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I consider this to be THE hint that the movie WILL come so I think it won't hurt to say it's definitely coming one day :)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Well good to see their still hiring a kid actor to do Littlefoot. Unlike some characters... -_- And good to see they got Petrie's VA back:)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, Petrie with another VA would be odd... we're so used to him by now :p

Anyway, do you think it's okay to make it public that a new movie is coming?

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Dec 28 2014 on  12:39 PM
Yeah, Petrie with another VA would be odd... we're so used to him by now :p

Anyway, do you think it's okay to make it public that a new movie is coming?
Yes Petrie's (2nd) VA has been the one of the most loyal actors. As he's done Petrie and other characters in every sequel and the TV show.

Though as I said before they will have to get new VAs for grandpa long neck and Topsy as their old ones passed away...

Yeah I say go for it.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Any news on whether Chomper, Ruby, Red Claw, Screech, and Thud are in this one?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ Not as of yet.  Based upon my post and the others, all we can really be sure of thus far is this:

*  A new Land Before Time film is coming out.
*  The voice actor for Littlefoot is Felix Avitia, whereas Petrie's and Ducky's voice actors remain unchanged.  The other voice actors are not yet known.
*  The voice work for the film is apparently finished.
*  There are at least 3 songs in the new film where Littlefoot participates.
*  According to Felix Avitia, the film won't be finished until 2016.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If the voice recording is already done, and it's apparently going to take up to two years to finish the animation, do you think that means they're putting a little more effort in this sequal? Anyone have any information on how long the sequels usually take to animate?

I could be wrong, but that just seems like a long time to animate a direct-to-dvd movie to me, that's all.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, just consider that they were making LBT 13 plus the tv-series within a mere year or so (LBT 12 came out in 2006?). Though we can't know when exactly they have started working on it. They might have already started while LBT 12 was still in the making. Also LBT 12 probably didn't come out right after they finished it :p

Does anybody know how long it took to produce the original LBT movie? I think I seem to recall they needed about two years.

So... anyway, I have a feeling they ARE going to put some effort into it since LBT 13 lost them money (and they clearly didn't put a lot of effort into it ;))

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Eh probably several years.

Lol, I had a dream last night that the LBT 14 was called "The Land Before Time XIV: Becoming Moe" or something, to where Moe turned into a longneck the size of baby Littlefoot. He still had the yellow and purple and stuff so it looked cute xD  :lol

Also the soundtrack released was called LBT 14: Family and Friends