The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Should ittlefoot'smother's death have been longer?

Guest · 30 · 3839

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
No it's by the end of the scene.

Click here to see.  The camera zooms out.  Nothing is around Littlefoot except his mother.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Each characters has at least 2 lines apiece by the time its shown faraway and the scene is short enough as it is; its about halfway

Bruton the Iguanodon

And by the way, doesn't anybody wish he'd blamed Sharptooth instead? Or is Sharptooth too awesome a villian to blame?  :idea

Blaze

• Ruby
    • View Profile
i know what you mean, the scene feels like it should have been longer, personally i like it as is but yeah i mean they're both there talking you can here their voices but neither character is moving and that is the point when everything is very still (aside from is mother's tail settling) that it feels like she's died.

in other words if you close your eyes and watch the scene, you can picture them talking and it feels like the camera should still be up close

now if you watch it without sound, at the point where the camera zooms out and her tail stops moving, that's the part when it feels like she's died

ok not very well explained but i hope you get the gist  :huh:

Bruton the Iguanodon

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Not really, the death was just at a fine pace...I don't really see how it should be extended.  The camera zooms out, the tail settles, and the mother dies.  I personally feel there shouldn't be any dialogue at all except the mother's directions to the great valley (since it was significant to Littlefoot).

For the sharptooth...remember, he was all screwed up in the head after his post-tragic situation.  He really couldn't think.  Of course, when I was younger, I asked, "Why is Littlefoot blaming his mother?"  I'm older now I fully understand why.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Still, it coulda been shown up close.

And I don't see why he couldn't have blamed Sharptooth.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 18 2012 on  12:59 AM
And I don't see why he couldn't have blamed Sharptooth.
It was because he was in so much pain and distress from what happened that he wasn't thinking straight. I was never upset with him blaming his mother (and then himself) after her death, and now that I'm older I understand why he did so: the pain he was feeling. He may have very well blamed Sharptooth offscreen before switching blames.

But I don't think it's necessary that we see him blame the predator on screen; him blaming his mother and himself is, to me, more emotionally powerful as it shows how much anguish he is in. Blaming Sharptooth, on the other hand, in that scene would have been, for me, less impacting because, in my opinion, it would have been less a distressed statement and more of a mention of fact, which wouldn't have made the scene after his mother's death as emotional as it could be. But that's just how I see it.

Blaze

• Ruby
    • View Profile
i like the length of the scene, i think that it seems like the dialogue and the animation don't seem quite right because while you can hear them speaking there's no movement accept for his mothers tail which eventually becomes still. they're not moving even though you can hear them talking. but really you can only notice it if you really look for a fault  :smile

Bruton the Iguanodon

I hope there was an extended version in the lost scenes...but there isn't a cut to it in the "whispering winds" song