The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Song during "footprint" scene?

ImmortalSynn

• Ruby
    • View Profile
First post here... neat board.

My question (and forgive me if it's been covered) is about the scene where they fall asleep in Sharptooth's footprint.  LittleFoot was there originally, then all of the others (including Cera, reluctantly) joined him.

What is the name of the music playing at that time (when Sarah is shivering, after the others had left her)?

I can't seem to find it on the soundtrack, but would really love to have it!

Any help would be appreciated.
~Synn

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The theme is similar to "If We Hold On Together" and similar to themes in the End Credits of the soundtrack.  The only way to "get" the music would be to rip it from the dvd.

Welcome! :wave  Post often!

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
As far as I can tell, the music as it appears in that scene does not appear on the soundtrack. Ages ago, I watched the film carefully and listened to the musical cues on the soundtrack to determine what scenes were missing from the film. It can be seen here.

As you can see, there was a huge area of music that is seemingly new. I did note in the credits at one point that some rerecording was done, so some new tracks could have been done at this point. However, there's also the possibility that the music is made from music that's been rearranged and/or sped up.

Although I didn't write it up in a fancy way, I did in fact make a list of where I thought the music from that large bit came from...Hang on a minute, I'll go and find that page!

EDIT: Um...on second thought...I've found the page, but it's so scribbly and the notes are so vague that I actually hardly understand it! I'll have to listen to this again at a later date. Although, I might add that from my last few listenings, I believe that the "Missing Track" is made up of various parts taken from each track and sped up or slowed down. Identifying which...that's the hard part.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Scratch that last note of mine, I found another page of my scribblings. Presented here, instead, is a digital version of my notes about the track. It's a draft, so some parts are scratchy, but this should do for now, and anyway it's got some of the information.

Land Before Time Soundtrack Analysis - Part 2

EDIT: For more info, check out this page on the Message Board. Funny, it actually has a legible version of my original notes that I must have typed up when it was fresh in my head!

ImmortalSynn

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Almaron,Oct 8 2010 on  08:36 PM
As you can see, there was a huge area of music that is seemingly new. I did note in the credits at one point that some rerecording was done, so some new tracks could have been done at this point. However, there's also the possibility that the music is made from music that's been rearranged and/or sped up.
First, allow me to thank yall for the contribution.

However, in response to the above thread: it seems to concern music that appears on the soundtrack but not the movie.  My request concerns the opposite-- music on the film that doesn't appear on the soundtrack.

But the original post affirms my original suspicion: that I'll just have to rip it off the film.

The only reason I asked instead of doing that in the first place, is because the sound clip was used during the "dearly departed" section of the Academy Awards a few years back.  So figured if they had it, it might be available as a single somewhere.

Again, thanks for the help, it's duly appreciated.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
However, in response to the above thread: it seems to concern music that appears on the soundtrack but not the movie. My request concerns the opposite-- music on the film that doesn't appear on the soundtrack.

Almaron's "Lost Track" is exactly what you're looking for.  He's trying to break down the parts from where Spike is born to about where the group splits apart in the gorge.  That whole section is not on the soundtrack, and that's the music you want to rip from the dvd.  There's lots of little pieces here and there throughout this section of the film, and perhaps that's why its left off a very flowing, smooth, thematic soundtrack.  It would be an oddball track for sure.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
If you have the free, down-loadable Audacity program and a DVD of the movie, you can simply record the music as the movie plays on the computer.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: Noname,Oct 9 2010 on  01:52 PM
you can simply record the music as the movie plays on the computer.
I tried that with Yellow Belly Dance last year, the sound quality was crap, and I could barely hear. I had it turned up all the way when I recored it, and I turned it up as loud as it could go on the casette player. Barely heard anything, even when I pressed my ear against the speaker. :neutral  Better off just listening to it in a youtube video or the movie it's self than recording it.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
My question (and forgive me if it's been covered) is about the scene where they fall asleep in Sharptooth's footprint. LittleFoot was there originally, then all of the others (including Cera, reluctantly) joined him.

What is the name of the music playing at that time (when Sarah is shivering, after the others had left her)?

I can't seem to find it on the soundtrack, but would really love to have it!

Any help would be appreciated.
~Synn

Wait a minute...from memory, that part's an instrumental of the bridge of IWHOT ("When we are out there, in the dark..."). I think the parts where it plays in Track 6 and 7 are too...flowery for it to be them. I actually think that this music is an edit (or speeding up) of Track 3, as a basic version of that music plays when Littlefoot chases his shadow by mistake. The end part is different though, that's probably a speed up of the very end of Track 6, with something else played over it.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It sounds very simaliar to If We Hold On together. Now that you mention it.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Was it the Sharptooth's footprint, though? I mean, his foot fits kinda perfectly in it, but there's no saying he isn't exactly the same size as another sharptoth that was out there...

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Bruton the Iguanodon

Why not? As quoted from the opening post:

My question (and forgive me if it's been covered) is about the scene where they fall asleep in Sharptooth's footprint.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Mar 20 2012 on  05:07 PM
Why not? As quoted from the opening post:

My question (and forgive me if it's been covered) is about the scene where they fall asleep in Sharptooth's footprint.
That doesn't explain how it's related. To answer your question with a question, I ask who do YOU think it belongs to?  
On topic, I did a search on reviews for the movie a couple months back and found one with some extra information about  production that might shed light on this. I'll post a link as soon as I find it again.

Bruton the Iguanodon