The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Duckys hatching

Guest · 4 · 1216

Bruton the Iguanodon

Firstly we see when the mom takes her back to the nest the rest of her siblings have already hatched.  :blink:  Additionally, I counted way less then 13 (well, besides Ducky it should be 12, according to 6)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Haven't we already discussed the number of Ducky's siblings? And concluded that her saying she had 13 twins was most likely a continuity error? Really, why do you keep asking the same questions again and again?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Is it 4 sure a continuity error? I mean, how do you get 13 from 4? There's no "most likely" to that.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
In this case I think it's like 99% that it was a continuity error.  4 hatched in 1, 7 hatched in 2, so that gives us 11 swimmers. The 1% chance that is not a continuity error is based on things we can't completely rule out, like Mr. and Mrs. Swimmer having 2 more babies after the second movie.

I must add to the above, that I interpret the word "twin" in a liberal way in LBT, because "aunt" is also used liberally in LBT. I think this because Cera, despite being Dinah and Dana's "aunt", calls them her "cousins", which implies a more distant relationship. If she were really a sister of Dinah and Dana's father or mother she would call them "nephew" and "niece".

However, if you take the word "twin" to mean litterally twin, then the chance that it is a continuity error are 100%. There can be no other explanation.

Hope this will you give some peace.