The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot's Egg

Zenoah · 17 · 2669

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
Now I may be missing something but from what I see at the begining, the egg that contained Littlefoot at the start of the movie, seemed to have come from a diffrent mother.
You see the egg stealer get caught in the act, then the egg travles away from the nest to what seems like a diffrent one. So my question is, is Littlefoot adopted or am I missing something at the start?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'd guess that Littlefoot's grandfather was watching him when the egg stealer attacked.  Then, the egg went down to where his mother was and his grandpa caught up later.  That's the only explanation I can think of.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That could make sense.  I'd have to re watch the scene to see.  I would but I'm waiting till I get the the other double feature dvd's I do not have yet then I"ll watch 1-11 on dvd.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Why would Littlefoot's mother not have time to catch up with her egg?

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
That's a good point, but from what I rememberd, the egg kinda had an obsque travel route. It's just been a sceen that forever confused me. And I could be wrong but, did his egg come from a nest of others?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It actually would be very weird if the egg came from another nest. Because his egg actually didn't travel really far. And his grandparents (and mother?) probably followed the egg and even saw it hatching. So I don't think he's from a nest of others. Above all, you don't see any other longnecks in that area. So it would be hard to be from another nest.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Littelefoot also wasn't the only egg in the nest. But all others were destroyed for some reason. It definitely wasn't an egg-thief attack, because all of them were on thier places.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
How could all of the eggs of Littlefoot's potential siblings end up as they were? They were all broken and smashed, but nothing had harmed Littlefoot's egg, which was in the centre. Maybe Littlefoot's egg had gone slightly astray before, luckily at a time when it would have been crushed. Not sure why his mother would have just left the broken eggshells mind.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
When I watch the movie I"ll have to remember to look for that scene.  I wonder what the sciptwriter or animators, had in mind with that scene.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
Here is the scene on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLRrY1OKSwI

It shows what looks like already hatched eggs and then his egg. But the narrator says that one heard had a single baby.

It also shows two longnecks eating, not three.
It could have been his grandparents because his mother is a brownish color.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The egg did not travel as far as the egg in Disney's Dinosaur did. I'm really quite sure that Littlefoot's mother and grandparents caught up with her own egg. I don't think there is anything which really suggests that Littlefoot's mother was not his real mother while there are many lines suggesting that she was.
One point which I find interesting are the other eggs in Littlefoot's nest. They are broken, but don't look like they broke because they hatched. They are looking much darker than Littlefoot's egg. What happened to the brother(s) Littlefoot wished to have in LBT 9 or to his sisters? Were the eggs broken by somebody? Did they just not hatch? Did they have to be moved and broke in the process? There is a lot of room for speculation without many fact that could actually proove a point.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think there could be many reasons for the broken eggs. And actually I don't think we will ever know the real reason, unless it will be told in one of the upcoming movies. But they surely don't seem hatched, more like destroyed.
Malte I think the reason that they are a bit darker is that they shouldn't get much attention(from the watchers), and maybe they became dirty by mud... Why littlefoot's egg wasn't dirty, I think because his mother/grandparents wanted to keep their only egg clean...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
Those seem like logical idea.
Since I did notice that once the one long neck knocked the egg stealer aside, it sort of moved like it was walking off to locate the egg's landing spot.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: Mumbling,Mar 3 2008 on  05:13 PM
Malte I think the reason that they are a bit darker is that they shouldn't get much attention(from the watchers), and maybe they became dirty by mud...
Or maybe their shells have started to decay already.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,Mar 5 2008 on  06:29 AM
Mumbling,Mar 3 2008, 05:13 PM] Malte I think the reason that they are a bit darker is that they shouldn't get much attention(from the watchers)
That would make sense because the audiance would then have to focus on Littlefoot's egg and not worry about the others.

What I always wondered was if being named "Littlefoot" meant that you were an only child. I'm not sure why I'm thinking this, but I remember Bron mentioning that he was called Littlefoot when he was young, and I don't think anybody has mentioned Littlefoot having aunts or uncles. If this term did have some sort of only child significance, then my guess would be that the eggs were broken because the other eggs were somehow smashed.

This of course is entirely my opinion.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Because his egg actually didn't travel really far. And his grandparents (and mother?) probably followed the egg and even saw it hatching.

Why the ? after mother?