The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What will LBT XIV Bring to TGOF?

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
In the Instagram RP community, when Jurassic World came out; I remember a bunch of people changed their accounts to characters from Jurassic World. Of course though, they had only just joined the fandom and weren't really that passionate. So my question is, when LBT XIV comes out; we are bound to have new fans and accounts on TGOF.. But will things change? Will our quiet little private, but well sized GOF family go from balanced to crazy from all the new fans?
8 years with TGOF :yum

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Probably not. Having an increase in activity will be a good thing of course, more posters and rpers will bring activity to those sections of the boasrd in particular and the forum in general. Considering this is and 11 year old board, to have survived this llong is an exception, not the rule. we've survived swings in activity, we'll wathe the new fans just fine I think.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's not gonna get a major cinema release like Jurassic World did, so at most we'll get some new fans who resparked their interest upon seeing the DVD in a store or the like. I think we've already gotten quite some new members because of 14 coming out soon and we mostly have to thank the internet for that. But I agree with Nick, it won't go all crazy. It's just not big enough for that.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It'll certainly breathe new life into the fandom.  But I wouldn't count on anything major.  Maybe 100 or so new members over the course of a year or so.  What would be really neat is if they create a dozen more movies over the years (and they're actually good of course).  That would give the forums a whole new life.  Us old timers on here would probably be in the minority. :lol

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
True, it just makes me wish my 3 year old self (in 2004) at the time, knew how to make an account to be an old timer myself. Haha XD!
8 years with TGOF :yum

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
True, it just makes me wish my 3 year old self (in 2004) at the time, knew how to make an account to be an old timer myself. Haha XD!
Same here  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I remember when the TV series came out, we got a whopping growth in members, but a lot of them never posted, or never got around to post that much. What I believe is going to happen is what's happening to me (not to sound self-centered), old members who have been inactive for long will return and some might stick around for a while.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hopefully :) I've noticed quite a few people making a return lately. You, action, DarkWolf, Nimrod etc.
Inactive, probably forever.