The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Giving Away 100 Free Email Addresses

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Okay so here's the deal.  I have 100 free forwarding accounts that I'd like to give away.  Now this account will NOT host your email.  It can be used like this.  Let's say you have the email address the_cool_guy11@gmail.com.  You hate it but you chose it because your desired name (thecoolguy@gmail.com) was taken.  Well what you can do is sign up with one of my accounts and have them automatically forwarded to your crappy account.  For example let's say you took me up on my offer and had me set up the account thecoolguy@thelandbeforetime.org.  Now all emails sent to that address will automatically go into your the_cool_guy11@gmail.com account.  Simple, right?  

I have exactly 100 slots open and no more.  You can have the following types of addresses:

XXXXXX@thelandbeforetime.org
XXXXXX@sharelbt.com

The XXXXXX can be absolutely ANYTHING you want other than "admin" (that's reserved for myself).  You could even have something like darkdragon@sharelbt.com.  Nothing is reserved other than "admin."

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey austin!

You think we could get an email address from you for lbtrpg? onlineteam@thelandbeforetime.org sounds a lot more professional than lbtrpg@hotmail.com ;)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sure!  Is that the correct information?  So you want all emails sent to:

onlineteam@thelandbeforetime.org

To be automatically forwarded to your inbox at:

lbtrpg@hotmail.com

If this information is correct, let me know and I'll set it up for you.  It takes up to 24 hours for the account to be set up.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yep that's correct! :) That would be wonderful, thank you.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Dec 11 2010 on  09:59 PM
where exactly do we log in at?
As he said it will only forward mail, so you don't log in anywhere.

For example if you let him create the email:

Campion@thelandbeforetime.org

and you say your normal email is

Campion@gmail.com

All this will do is, if people send emails to campion@thelandbeforetime.org, they will end up in campion@gmail.com's mailbox. It's nothing but a nice name cover.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay Mumbling, I set it up and sent you over an email.  Let me know if you don't receive it.

@Champion - I could get people UNLIMITED email accounts that actually store your emails online for $0.26 per month, but I'd need at least 10 people to sign up to keep it at that price.  The alternative is an individual account with 1gb of storage for $1.19/month.  I want to make it clear that I'm not getting that money.  It's what my host charges.  But I really don't want to get into charging money for email addresses.  That's not why I started this thread.  

I just want to mention that if you really want to I can set you up with an email address for the following domains:

XXXXXX@theperfectcomputer.net
XXXXXX@findgroomers.com

I have about 20 other domains but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them.  If I canceled the domains then POOF goes your email address and I don't want that to happen.  I only intend to offer email addresses on domains that I know I'm going to keep.