The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I don't know.  I just have no real connection to Spike.  He's almost like a background pony to me.  Sure he has a few lines, but it's mostly comedy relief and nothing really that important.  I'll admit he saved the Crystal Empire.  But it's rare that he does anything important or worthwhile for the plot.  It's really all about the mane 6.  But that's okay with me.  I don't dislike Spike, but it wouldn't really matter to me if he wasn't in the show anymore.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
She is a very popular villain indeed.    Discord is too I think.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't know. I just have no real connection to Spike. He's almost like a background pony to me. Sure he has a few lines, but it's mostly comedy relief and nothing really that important. I'll admit he saved the Crystal Empire. But it's rare that he does anything important or worthwhile for the plot. It's really all about the mane 6. But that's okay with me. I don't dislike Spike, but it wouldn't really matter to me if he wasn't in the show anymore.
I would not consider him a main character on the same level as the mane 6, but pretty much the closest to a main character outside the mane 6. One may argue that the role of the closest to mane 6 in terms of "maincharacterdom" might go to Applebloom or Sweetie Bell, but personally I think Spike does take a more active role.
Apart from the aforementioned saving of the Christal empire (and the games there), we sometimes get him in his role of pulling the emergency break when Twilight is having her over the top moments (lesson zero), we have him with his own issues (Dragonquest, Secret of my Excess, Owls well that ends well, Just for Sidekicks, Power Pones and Spike at your Service) and we also get some character development, especially with regard to his attitude towards Rarity (comparing episodes like "A dog and pony show" to "Inspiration manifestation").
One may think of him what one will, but in my opinion his contributions are quite important and Twilight would have lacked something without her number one assistant.
Last but not least he occasionally gives some of the clishee "guys" comments in a show where there are but very, very few male characters none of which other than Spike play a very frequent role (Discord in six episodes total I think, and Shining Armor (much less active than Discord) als in six if I didn't count wrong).
Twilight Sparkle: Dear Princess Celestia,
Today I learned something amazing. Everypony everywhere has a special magical connection with her friends, maybe even before she's met them. If you're feeling lonely and you're still searching for your true friends, just look up in the sky. Who knows? Maybe you and your future best friends are all looking at the same rainbow.
Spike: Gross! When did you get so cheesy?
Twilight Sparkle: Just write it, Spike.
Given Spike's unawareness of context I found that one quite hilarious.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I've known this to happen with a number of fandoms.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/01/find...ponies-fan.html

You have to love that guy's cheesy grin. :D

All I have to say is, congrats to the two! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Real Pink Pony

I'm not too sure how to feel about this one.  The artist that is being parodied here I hate with a passion.  However, they did a good job on it, but the lyrics make me feel uncomfortable.

So yeah!  I'm having conflicting emotions with this one. :blink:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can understand the mixed feelings.  The music is good, but the lyrics do get negative at times.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
People still make brony music? Geez, either I'm falling behind on the fandom or it's not as relevant these days.

I do like Eminem(before he retired then came back). Like Toy Soldiers is the only song I can think of that made me cry my eyes out. Either way, I'm not watching this video. Not because of the lyrics or anything but because from the title alone, it doesn't sound very good.

Although I am curious about the lyrics. Is there somewhere I might be able to read them?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
About a month ago I started writing an MLP story which so far has reached page 66. Lacking a cover, the title still possibly to be changed (so far I am titling it "Lessons in quirks"), and having no native English speaker reading it I haven't so far posted any of it online. As of now Rocking Scorpion is the only one who read what has been written so far.
If anyone is interested in taking a look at it, I'd be happy to send it to you via skype or email :)
The story is likely to become the first in a series.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
As for me? Mixed feelings all around about Season 5. Both pre-trailer and post trailer.

I just seem to pop up in time whenever, don't I?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A radio play of the fanfiction of the same name.

Inspired by Beauty and the Beast. (The book, not the Disney movie.)

The Bride of Discord

Note that each part is between 20 and 40 minutes.  Make sure you give yourself time for it.

Oh, and just so you know, expect a bit of Applejack & Spike, but understand that's the side couple, not the main focus. :)

I've only finished part 6 of 10, but I'm really enjoying it. :D

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, Bongo, I just noticed that the not mane six mane six's (?) faces are all the same. lol

All aboard the hype train for season 5, I guess. The concept art of EQD looks really cool. We're even getting a griffon! Does this mean that Gilda will come back? I sure as heck hope so.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
By now the MLP story I'm writting has reached page 103 and I decided to give it a try and published the prologue and the first five chapters at Fimfiction (with a cover drawn for the story ;)).
If you are interested in taking a look, here is the link.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The title for 2 part debut of Season 5 has been revealed.  It is...

Cutie Markless!

Here is the source.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/03/seas...titles-and.html

Wait a minute!  You can give up your cutie mark?  I didn't think that was possible. :blink:

Well, this just made things a lot more interesting. :)