The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep like me I saw the early release witch is good since I'm all caught up

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~EPISODE POST~

Me: Pinkie, I need to ask you something.

Pinkie Pie: What is it?

Me: What happened between Marble and Big Mac?  It was more than obvious you were trying to set them up together.

Pinkie Pie: *blushes and laughs nervously* You noticed that, huh?

Me: Even someone blind would notice.

Pinkie Pie: Yeah, they chose not to see each other like that.

Me: Why?

Pinkie Pie: Well, on the chance they might be cousins, they didn't want it to get weird.

Me: How did Marble take that?

Pinkie Pie: She was pretty upset about it.  She needed her older twin, yours truly, to come by and cheer her up.

Me: :) You're such a good sister.  Anyways, link to the episode below.

Season 7 Episode 8 - Hard to Say Anything Dailymotion Version

Pinkie Pie: This will be so good!

Me: Now remember Pinkie, have both Big Mac and Sugar Belle come.  Along with The Cutie Mark Crusaders.  They were a big part of this episode.

Pinkie Pie: What about Feather Bangs?  He was a big part of it too.

Me: NO!  I hate him too much!  My guards have orders to keep him out should he come.

Pinkie Pie: Alright, I'm going! *leaves*

Me: Well, I'll see ya all tomorrow for my review!  See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No, the US schedule is still proceeding as normal, at least until it's caught up to where the Canadian releases have stopped, then will come the hiatus for at least while the Equestria Girls specials are shown (so, technically, not quite a hiatus I guess). Anyway, on to this week's episode...

(spoilers)
At first, it might seem to many that this episode would be a repeat of a certain season 2 episode, but there are certainly some notable differences. Rather than the CMC's forcing love between two ponies, they're helping Big Mac get together with someone he actually has a crush on for the first time. (They even reference the events of that earlier episode by saying that the use of a love potion definitely does not count as a crush.)

Of course, as soon as Sweetie Belles suggested using fairy tale methods, I knew right away that none of them were going to work. In addition, Feather Bangs just so conveniently kept upping his game in every single scenario that I honestly wonder if he was stalking them to find out what method to use next.

Predictably, all that crazy attention (complete with a highly improvised competitive song) becomes too much for Sugar Belle and she tells everyone to leave. Finally, Apple Bloom realizes the key to Big Mac winning Sugar Belle's heart is to simply do something that means a lot to her in particular, and he does it by the simple act of building a new display shelf for her baked goods.

For me, this episode was okay, but due to the number of cringe moments (which I'm never fond of), I would definitely not count this among my favorites. At least it's always nice to hear Big Mac speaking more than just his usual "eyup" or "nope". As for why the show had Big Mac crush on Sugar Belle in particular, I think it's because they wanted to avoid any anger between groups of fans by not siding with any of the popular "ships" and go for a pony most probably would have never even considered.

(end spoilers)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah okay thanks for the information I was just making sure that's all. Looking forward to seeing Equestria Girls spin off it could be very good.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know, with Hard to Say Anything, I don't know how to express myself.  I've been trying all day to figure out what to say and I can't come up with anything.  I really can't convey how I feel about the episode.  It's an episode where I can't tell if I like it or not.  I have reasons to like it and to dislike it.  I can't decide if it's good, bad, okay, decent or anything like that.

So yeah, no review because I don't know how to express myself here.  Sorry everyone! :(

At least with the next episode, I do know how I feel and what I want to say.  I'm more than ready for next week.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well good for Big Mac he found someone to date so that's good I did like that part of the episode but the rest was cringeworthy and just awful to sit through one of the worst episodes so far this season.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: ADFan185,May 29 2017 on  05:14 AM
Well good for Big Mac he found someone to date so that's good I did like that part of the episode but the rest was cringeworthy and just awful to sit through one of the worst episodes so far this season.
Agreed.  The whole episode was awful and made me cringe constantly.  The mane flipping guy was annoying as heck (I didn't think it was possible to make a character more annoying than Fluttershy's brother (Zepher Breeze)).  And that ending...maybe I just have a sick mind, but I can't help but think about the foalcon implications.  Foalcon makes me sick.  Why would an adult ask a couple of foals about relationship advice unless he's a pedophile (foalophile)?  I'm going to add this one to the list of episodes I'm NEVER going to watch again.  I think this is the worst episode of the entire series.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I can see that it was very awful to ask kids for dating advice. It's also a episode I'll never watch again Also. It made me feel very unclean when I saw it and that's not a feeling you need to feel when watching this show. The whole episode was really gross hopefully they'll never make a cmc match making episode again.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~SUMMARY POST~

Pinkie Pie: :( You're firing me?

Me: Pinkie, don't think of it as firing.  Think of it as being let go.  That we're going in a different direction.

Pinkie Pie: But why?

Me: Pinkie, I can't keep this up.  It's become too difficult for me to figure out how I want the script to go.  The way I was doing it before is just much easier.

Pinkie Pie: *sighs* Can we at least get one last summary together?

Me: Sure thing!

------------
Title: Honest Apple

Summary: Rarity has Applejack be a judge for an upcoming talent show.  Applejack learns that opinions, even honest ones, can be hurtful.
-----------

Me: Pinkie Pie, for what it's worth, it was an honor working with you.

Pinkie Pie: Best of luck!

Me: You too!

Pinkie Pie: Goodnight, everypony!  It's been great working with you too.

Me: Goodnight!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
God this sounds like garbage but I'll watch it none the less

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Oh boy!  The episode I am seriously not looking forward to.  Yeah, it's that bad and I can't wait to explain why.

Still, here's the link to the Live Streams.

Season 7 Episode 9 - Honest Apple Live Stream

I'm skipping my rewatch of it.  I'd rather catch up on some sleep.

See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll watch it this afternoon and tell you what I thought of it

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~ONLINE POST~

Like I said, can't wait to give my review on this tomorrow.  I have stuff to say and I would like an off-day as to when I give my thoughts.

In the meantime, here's the online version of the episode.

Season 7 Episode 9 - Honest Apple Dailymotion Version

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Don't worry you'll hear my thoughts also and I'll rip the episode apart when I'll see fit to.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
I think it's fair to say that a lot of people may not like this episode, considering Applejack's brutal honesty around the middle of the episode.

Rarity holds a fashion show to help promote newcomers to the business, and while two of her choices for judges are rather expected (Hoity Toity and Photo Finish), her third choice of Applejack as a judge is definitely out there. (Her reason? She wants a judge with a sense of practicality.) Even Applejack herself questions the choice at first, but after an incident Apple Bloom has with a hat, she decides to go for it.

As I'm sure we all had expected, Applejack is way out of her league, but what was really shocking is that thanks to her high value on honesty, she eventually gets so carried away with doing what she does best that she fails to recognize just how hurtful she's actually being (even going as far as destroying some of the work she disagrees with). This eventually drives the judges to quit and the contestants to drop out, leaving Rarity with nothing.

Rarity decides to give Applejack a taste of her own medicine by introducing her to Strawberry Sunrise, who has a particularly negative opinion on apples. Applejack rants that she works so hard on harvesting apples and that makes her immediately realize just how hurtful her actions may have really been. She quickly makes up for it by bringing back the judges and contestants, apologizing to all of them, and stating that while she still doesn't understand fashion, she can at least appreciate the hard work they all put into it. After that, the fashion show is back on.

As far as I'm concerned, this was a rather forgettable episode. However, there was one funny moment where Rarity vents her frustrations by going all-out heavy metal rock on Pinkie's acoustic guitar. Now that was something that sure came out of nowhere.

(end spoilers)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah the episode was terrible I didn't like it at all. The plot was horrible the way rarity acted was horrible. So I'll never watch this episode again.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

Oh boy!  This was a bad one.  Spoilers below.

Now don't get me wrong.  I get Rarity's decision in choosing Applejack as a judge.  She wanted an outside the box opinion.  Think of it this way.  You don't need to be a chef to understand that the food you are being served is crap.  However, considering all things, she should have picked someone else who had an outside the box opinion.

What really upset me about Applejack is not just the fact she was harsh, but seeing things from her tastes in "fashion".  She completely missed the mark of what's important.  It's okay to give criticism, but you should give criticism that's helpful.  Something that will make them improve overall.  What Applejack was doing, not really all that helpful.

The breaking point was when she just destroyed someone's work.  That pony worked hard on that hat and what she did was totally disrespectful.  Regardless of the end result, hard work needs to be respected, but that shouldn't stop you from giving an honest opinion on the end result and pointing out where they could improve.

At least she learned her lesson thanks to a pony we're likely only going to see once in the show.

Now, let's go away from Applejack for a second so I can talk about a few things I liked.  First, Applebloom's new look.  I know it's just a change from a bow to a hat, (Pretty much the same one Applejack has.) but I think it helps show that she's growing up and wants to change her style.  If she keeps the new look, I seriously wouldn't mind.  Sure, it would take some getting used to, but as I said, I wouldn't mind it.

Pinkie Pie was enjoyable for the few scenes she had.  Sure, it wasn't much, but she brought some enjoyment to an otherwise bad episode.

Finally, the scene where Rarity just shredded to let off some stress.  Totally awesome!

Now, one last thing I hated.  It was the fact that they let all three contestants win.  I understand that the writers didn't want to invoke the wrath of the fandom by choosing, but they could have worded it where it seemed like they chose, but they don't tell us which one was chosen.  Also, in future episodes, when Rarity's Boutique shows up, just switch between the three for a each few frames to keep us guessing.

Also, yes, hated that green dress at the end, but the point was for it to be awful.  So, good job there, artists.

Bad, and I'm definitely not seeing this one again.

That's all from me.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~SUMMARY POST~

Well, first one without Pinkie Pie.  It should be easier from here.

Get the summary below.

-------------
Title: A Royal Problem

Summary: Starlight Glimmer is sent to solve a friendship problem between Princess Celestia and Princess Luna; when it's clear that the problem is that the royal sisters don't appreciate one another, Starlight impulsively switches their cutie marks!
-------------

I have to agree with a number of the fans.  Starlight Glimmer's magic is too powerful!

See ya tomorrow for all I will give you.